• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciples

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
So as I'm sure many of you are aware, there have been a lot of nerfs to disciples during this map. This thread is to display my opinion as to why some of these nerfs should be reverted.

To start, a list of the nerfs I can think of:
-Base damage reduced
-Base health reduced
-Self healing reduced
-Cooldown on chakra increased
-Some mana costs increased

Now, the reason I think a few of these should be reverted are because of the role of disciple. Since the first time I have ever heard of the class, people have always said that it is supposed to be a rogue/healer hybrid with the melee damage potential of a rogue and some healing potential. Originally the playstyle of the class reflected this, with most good disciples playing them such that they would do some melee damage, then some strategic healing with forcepush and their healing spells.

Unfortunately this does not seem to work anymore and the only truly viable strategy against other melee specs is to play as a caster and purely kite using smite and forcepush. The problem with this strategy is that a majority of the melee specs have the ability to get in close very fast and the fact that forcepush does not work a lot of the time. What this leads to is the disciple being forced into a melee situation they simply cannot win and leads to the class getting stomped by most melee.

The thing that upsets me about what has happened is less about the class being one of the least viable pieces of crap on the server, but more about the fact that the role seems to have changed into a caster/healer from a rogue/healer. No longer do disciples even outdamage unspecced rogues in melee yet their low-average health makes their ability to take damage quite low as well. The only real playstyle option these days seems to be a smite -> forcepush -> smite -> forcepush until forcepush fails to work and the disciple gets buttraped by the enemy (I'm assuming a melee enemy). The other problem with this playstyle is that it feels incredibly casterish, though it lacks the pure damage output of a real caster spec due to the fact that the damage on smite and forcepush do not scale.

What I would like to see happen is the melee damage nerfs be reverted to allow disciples to actually fight in melee range as a rogue/healer instead of a kiting caster/healer. I would also like to see the self healing nerf be changed to something along the lines of 20% reduced for disciple because of the fact that disciples really rely on these self heals to last through a fight due to the fact that most fights are long because of their low damage output.

What I really want though, is some possible suggestions from the community to see what we can do to fix the role of disciple to the rogue/healer they are supposed to be instead of the caster/healer that they currently are.

Please go ahead and post some suggestions/feedback about disciples that could help the class out. Also please no "HURR DIFFUSE COMPLAINING" bullshit, I just want to see the class be the way it should be. I hardly even care if the class is "good" I just want it to fit the roles it should fit.

Bingy1218 jazza411 @otherdisciples

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I also think that forcepush should be fixed to what it used to do. "Forcepush is based lag". How come it was never based on lag before? I remember forcepush ALWAYS pushing the target 10+ blocks. This was fine it was their other aspects that were broken.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3

I can not agree more with diffuse my input is:
-Forcepush to be buffed a lot (like how it was in DG), because atm forcepush doesn't even do damage when you use the skill and they stand still with the words jazza411 used forcepush...
-Flyingkick fly higher.
-Ironfist imo should also have a slow for maybe 2 seconds.
-Fix the skills! they deal damage 50/50 so it is pointless to use some of the skills if they are standing right next to you and it deals no damage.
-Buff the DPS by 4 per level
-Again fix the skills because they are useless if they deal no damage.

P.S. I would love it to bits if forcepush got more push in it, there is no point in using it because they move 5 blocks and there is no time to heal!

cschris54321

Soulsand
I think that ironfist should knock up into the air more like last map. I would love to see combos such as ironfist flyingkick forcepush. The ironfist-forcepush combo was really cool, now ironfist is basically useless. Also, I always played disciple as a caster/healer. It just worked better. They never had enogh tankyness/melee damage to compare to most warriors. But they could basically beat all casters with their long range focepull and kick. Rouge/healer against casters and caster/healer against warriors. It just made sense. I don't' not think they should buff the damage, Syracuse then they would just completely wreck over casters, but I think they should buff the forcepush distance and ironfist and flyingkick vertical distance. it would enable them to do better against warriors which they need, but be the same against casters that they counter.

Disciple is probably the most under-powered class on the server currently, and I'd probably bet on a Mystic winning before them.

They're a HEALER class, however, and do not need ROGUE like damage. They need to be able to provide support, and Disciples main role has seemed to have been, and still should be, crowd control.

Their current skill set up does not allow for very much CC at all, and I'd take a DKs empathy over the entire CC skill set of disciple, anyday.
I'd trust a KB sword and a couple sprint hits to repel a target far more than I would forcepush, honestly.

Their only possible redeeming quality would be Chakra, which is nearly done as well as bards who also have many other buffs, and a MUCH better chance in winning in actual combat.

Their stamina usage is near Dragoon tier, if you attempt to use push/pull, and maybe chakra.
Any attempt to use Ironfist, or Flying Kick, will basically leave you helplessly out of stamina.
And with the nerf to self healing, they're pretty much only ever going to kill ANYONE, if they get lucky and knock someone off a hill. Which they won't get the kill for, anyways.

They need to have more resource efficient, and effective, CC, and/or more support buffs/heals.

EDIT: I forgot about Meditate, which is helpful if you grossly outnumber your opponent enough that you don't have to worry about sitting still for 3 seconds, just so you can be mildly annoying to people again.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I just think that since they are supposed to be a rogue/healer hybrid they should have some quality of being a rogue. I don't expect the damage to go past 65 or anything, but I'd like at least 60. Ironfist needs more use and so does flyingkick. Their stamina costs are insane for the amount of usefulness they provide. There are various fields that can be touched upon, I just want the balance team to make a decision on what should be touched and what could be done to make them more rogue/healer instead of caster/healer.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
i rember in dragon they at least stood a chance against some specs now its just horridly undermatched. i kept telling myself it would get better at 60 but i was sadly disappointed. I'm glad i switched before the latest nerf of selfheals because it sounds like hell now.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
what's up with everyone opposing hybrid classes? people oppose runeblade because it's caster/rogue, people oppose pyromancer because it's caster/melee, people oppose paladin because it's warrior/healer, now people oppose disciple because it's geared more towards damage than healing. IMO, hybrid classes should have 50-50 from each side, as in pyromancer, it should have about 75% of the average melee class damage, while having ranged skills that do about 75% of caster Damage, it would all fit. disciple, 75% damage, 75% healing. paladin, 30% healer, 70% warrior. runeblade, same as pyro.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
what's up with everyone opposing hybrid classes? people oppose runeblade because it's caster/rogue, people oppose pyromancer because it's caster/melee, people oppose paladin because it's warrior/healer, now people oppose disciple because it's geared more towards damage than healing. IMO, hybrid classes should have 50-50 from each side, as in pyromancer, it should have about 75% of the average melee class damage, while having ranged skills that do about 75% of caster Damage, it would all fit. disciple, 75% damage, 75% healing. paladin, 30% healer, 70% warrior. runeblade, same as pyro.
Disciples are ridiculously uncared for, on DG they were op but now they aren't worth playing and if I wasn't so lazy I wouldn't be one.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
what's up with everyone opposing hybrid classes?

We're not complaining about hybrid classes. We're complaining that it was done poorly. I wanted to stay out of this thread because I thought my days of whining about disciples were over, but I'll say this...

As DrearyDragon stated, if a disciple's crowd control skills are not doing the job (and they have 3 crowd controlling skills) then goodluck trying to get off a forcepush and attempt to heal yourself. Sure, Chakra is always an option since it has no warm-up time, but the self-heal nerf just makes already under-powered healing classes even more under-powered.

Have no fear though, I thought I heard that all healers are going through a big enough update to gear them all towards healing party members and not themselves. While it's a good idea in practice, everyone knows that it's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to target heal someone, especially in combat. Giving all healers an extra AOE heal might solve that dilemma, and that would be my suggestion for improving what I believe is the weakest of the 4 paths.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Just another quick suggestion and to keep this thread going, I believe Disciples need a better 60 skill. I mean look at all the other classes and they have cool 60 skills like terror for DK and Bolt for mystics Disciples get meditate and imo it is very lame.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Nah meditate is great for disc it gives them full stam and mana which they usually run out of.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Also I believe the reason discs were nerfed to the ground last map was because smite was insanely op. Now they need their old skills back like how fp used to be.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Also I believe the reason discs were nerfed to the ground last map was because smite was insanely op. Now they need their old skills back like how fp used to be.
Forcepush is so weak right now, I wouldn't mind if they took away the damage and replaced it with the push range in DG.