• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diagnosing My Sudden Lag on Herocraft

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
For the past 2 days I've had pretty crippling lag making the game unplayable for me. Nobody else seems to be having these issues so I've been stumped. I've of course done the obvious things like restarting my computer, restarting my router, and doing a full virus scan. Nothing has fixed my issue.

My internet appears fine as seen from these two speed tests. (First one is using the nearest server to me, the other was done using a server in Las Vegas).

zwoIyZG.png

6u6dORX.png

Here's a youtube video describing the problems I've been facing. (note: in the video the lag is not as bad as it usually is) Also not captured is the frequents kicks to the lobby I've been experiencing.

(taking a long time to process the video but gonna link it anyway)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
For the past 2 days I've had pretty crippling lag making the game unplayable for me. Nobody else seems to be having these issues so I've been stumped. I've of course done the obvious things like restarting my computer, restarting my router, and doing a full virus scan. Nothing has fixed my issue.

My internet appears fine as seen from these two speed tests. (First one is using the nearest server to me, the other was done using a server in Las Vegas).

zwoIyZG.png

6u6dORX.png

Here's a youtube video describing the problems I've been facing. (note: in the video the lag is not as bad as it usually is) Also not captured is the frequents kicks to the lobby I've been experiencing.

@victim130 has been experiencing 'weird lag' the last 2 days. Maybe you two can brainstorm and shit.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

zwoIyZG.png

6u6dORX.png

I experience it also glad someone else does also. None of my friends experience it I am been slamming my head on my keyboard. I haven't been able to play HC for two days now and I let gabizou know whats been going on he said he will look into it.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
I experience it also glad someone else does also. None of my friends experience it I am been slamming my head on my keyboard. I haven't been able to play HC for two days now and I let gabizou know whats been going on he said he will look into it.

So glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing issues suddenly. Is it location based possibly? Are you located in or near New Jersey?

@ictim130has been experiencing 'weird lag' the last 2 days. Maybe you two can brainstorm and shit.

Very interesting, I'll have to get in touch with him if he doesn't respond to this thread himself.

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
I've never had problem with lag til today, where it is noticeably effecting everybody.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
So glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing issues suddenly. Is it location based possibly? Are you located in or near New Jersey?

Very interesting, I'll have to get in touch with him if he doesn't respond to this thread himself.
YEP I am in New York

@gabizou
Howdan is in New Jersey and @victim130 is in canada we are all really close to each other.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I was getting weird lag occasionally today as well. Small sample so hard to say how bad it is. I live in CT.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Sounds good. What's "Bungee", though?
It's the server wrapper/proxy that allows multiple servers to connect to each other. It's been in since Oct 4th.

I've been looking and it seems like it could be a gateway issue again somewhere. Our datacenter could be under pressure.

we'll have to see.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
It's the server wrapper/proxy that allows multiple servers to connect to each other. It's been in since Oct 4th.

I've been looking and it seems like it could be a gateway issue again somewhere. Our datacenter could be under pressure.

we'll have to see.
Thanks for looking into it and realizing there might be an issue. I would of ended up doing something stupid on my end because I thought I was the only one who was experiencing this.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks for looking into it and realizing there might be an issue. I would of ended up doing something stupid on my end because I thought I was the only one who was experiencing this.
Networks are hard to manage sometimes. There's a chance that this could be all on the datacenter or somewhere in between - which could make it very hard to pin point.

I'm attempting to run traceroutes to my home IP to see if there's any hops being lost. So far nothing.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
This is good to hear! And I live in New Brunswick... anyways, I tried almost everything to fix this XD Glad to hear it is possibly not on my end.

Saterra

Iron
No problems for me, other than rubber-banding (caused by NoCheat, which, except for its importance as preventing cheating, is a shit plugin). I'm from LA on Charter Communications.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
No problems for me, other than rubber-banding (caused by NoCheat, which, except for its importance as preventing cheating, is a shit plugin). I'm from LA on Charter Communications.
Right, which means the gateway(s) you're hopping to/from arent having issues.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
This is good to hear! And I live in New Brunswick... anyways, I tried almost everything to fix this XD Glad to hear it is possibly not on my end.
Hmm, maybe it is an location thing after all? @werwew19, you, and myself are all on the east coast and are experiencing issues.

@Kainzo, would it be likely that we are going through the same gateways? If you need me to do any specific testing on my end I'd be happy to help.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hmm, maybe it is an location thing after all? @werwew19, you, and myself are all on the east coast and are experiencing issues.

@Kainzo, would it be likely that we are going through the same gateways? If you need me to do any specific testing on my end I'd be happy to help.

well, i can compose a list of users affected and their ips. We are on advanced protection and theres a good chance that some of the drops are related to mitigating attacks. i wont know until the dc gets with me. they are very hard to contact sometimes