• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diagnosing My Sudden Lag on Herocraft

XLR8MooP

Coal
Dunno if this is related or not but it just seems like to much of a coincidence, only when connected to the server do I suffer complete internet drop outs.
It is very weird when I'm not connected my internet is fine with no issues but when I connect to the server my connections keeps dropping out every 5-10 mins and I don't mean just my connection to the server I mean my entire internet connection. Again this only ever happens when I've connected to the server.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
well, i can compose a list of users affected and their ips. We are on advanced protection and theres a good chance that some of the drops are related to mitigating attacks. i wont know until the dc gets with me. they are very hard to contact sometimes
Seems like a huge pain on your end idk if this is too much to ask but is there a possible ETA to when this will be fixed?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Dunno if this is related or not but it just seems like to much of a coincidence, only when connected to the server do I suffer complete internet drop outs.
It is very weird when I'm not connected my internet is fine with no issues but when I connect to the server my connections keeps dropping out every 5-10 mins and I don't mean just my connection to the server I mean my entire internet connection. Again this only ever happens when I've connected to the server.
Timing out when trying to connect to bad gateways/hosts could be derping your whole internet connection, but that would be surprising since TCP/IP should be a bit more resilient.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Seems like a huge pain on your end idk if this is too much to ask but is there a possible ETA to when this will be fixed?
It's not something we can directly fix on our end - it's something we can forward to the ISP to check into. You can do the same if you would like.

There are two major internet providers we're behind that offer up dual 20Gbps pipes. If a third party gateway that is forwarding the traffic happens to go down or browns out - there is nothing that can be done at our level (datacenter).
Connecting to the server can only affect your connection if the server is forcing to download more than your connection can handle, on lower speed connections this could be the case but is is very unlikely.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I have also experienced an uptick in lag but over the last week not a few days. This past weekend I could scarcely move. I am connecting from the Detroit area with a mid quality broadband connection.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I actually can't even log into the server anymore. On hub, I maybe make it through the first portal (Which takes like 5 minutes) and then I time out. I have noticed that the server is picking up my movements, skill usage and item dropping as I had @Hydroking77 test it out for me during a freeze lag fit.

On that note, I had a guy come look at my net and he couldn't see any problems as well as I've gotten no lag on any other servers or games.

I want to say though, that I'm not complaining or pointing fingers, I just miss Herocraft. Its the only real game I have to play at the moment and I am bored and sad I can't enjoy the server :(

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
For a note, the video is not the style of lag I'm seeing. I'm getting freeze lag that catches up with itself just to freeze again. Then things get choppy (Player movement is glitchy and such) mobs teleport and other such stuff. The only rubber banding I get are when the server catche sup with me and I pop back.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
For a note, the video is not the style of lag I'm seeing. I'm getting freeze lag that catches up with itself just to freeze again. Then things get choppy (Player movement is glitchy and such) mobs teleport and other such stuff. The only rubber banding I get are when the server catche sup with me and I pop back.
I'm also getting lag (we live like 10 mins away from eachother), mine is horrid chunck loading, and I can't even connect to the main server. I'll see if anyone else around here is having lag issues as well.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm also getting lag (we live like 10 mins away from eachother), mine is horrid chunck loading, and I can't even connect to the main server. I'll see if anyone else around here is having lag issues as well.
You with Alliant? Or Rogers?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
The lag overall fixed for me and howdan it sucks its still happening for people I wonder what it is.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Bellaliant. My friends with Rogers don't have the issues, but other people with Bell do. Tested it with some friends
Yeah I have Alliant too :/ I'll make a call tomorrow and get them to look into it deeper.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
@Kainzo seems like these issues are occurring again for me but not as bad (I get the crippling delays but I don't time out) so calling my ISP would be the best bet? I don't really know what to say to them xD

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I don't know if this is related since i wasn't able to play from home for the past few days due to RL things happening. However last night in Illinois i was having horrid issues with the game catching up to me and I would die as a result because there was suddenly a mob spawn that didn't exist moments before (creeper, skeleton, spider, etc.) Another issue that i noted was that i was being "reset" to a previous point. At one time i lost 3 minutes worth of block clearing/building. Again this could all just be crap hotel internet (I'm staying at a Radisson here) but typically upperscale hotels have better quality connections, but i thought i would throw this out there and see if anyone else was experiencing this.