• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dev Notes - 4.91+

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
  • Promoted gabizou to Admins
  • Promoted Grinch to Moderators
  • Consolidate several plugins into our HeroFeatures plugin.
  • Changed Skill-Excavate back to Haste 3.0, reduced duration gain-per-level to 200ms (from 300ms)
  • Local/Shout chats no longer states who can hear you or not.
  • Skill-Breed now allows for all players to milk-things (note: milking friends is weird)
  • Skeleton damage has been reduced. Whew!
  • Fixed Duels and updated BattleArena to latest.
  • Skill-Track now requires a compass reagent to use.
  • Lottery draws now more random than ever!
  • Carrots and Potatos can now be planted in or out of combat
  • Introducing http://hc.to/topvoters
  • Re-introducing http://hc.to/chat (Shoutbox style!)
  • The '/w' cmd now mimics /tell.
  • Party members will now appear with green usernames!
  • Slimes/Lavaslimes now split correctly! WOO!
Pushed ^
Update: We've temp removed backpack purchases (and abilities in game) while the plugin is patched. There are some extreme bugs that will cause users to lose items and we are trying to fix it - the packages will be re-enabled when 2.0 is released! The ETA is 5-7 days for 2.0

Update2: Several accounts have had coins frozen that stemmed from Backpack bugs. Investigations are still under way.

• We've reached over 50,000 registered users on our forums! Woo!
  • Promote TheYeti as moderator for RPG
  • Added mob-health overhead to monsters.
  • Fixed block-placement issues, resolved farming/mining exp issues
  • Fixed an issue with signs/chests being removed randomly.
  • Windwalk now has a more appropriate color for the effect.
  • Withering now deals it damage at a much slower rate.
  • Random effects now will appear more randomly (Stuns/Backstabs etc)
  • Greatly restructured the http://hc.to/store page
  • Refactored several firework effects for easier readability in code.
  • Herobook is now in live-testing and available via the '/herobook' - cmd.
  • Server has been moved from Houston, TX to Las Vegas, NV
  • As a result, there should be less lag and better overall performance
  • Removed the spawning of mobs below 60=Y, players should notice more mobs above ground and better latency.
  • Herobook changed slightly to prevent an exploit if you were using custom-titles.
  • Player names now have a health-% below their name.
  • Reworked mob-health display to be more accurate when updating.
  • Resolved sound-effects on several skills that were mis-factored
  • Users can now bypass the wait for whitelist by purchasing Premium
  • Renamed Store to Shop, changed all links pointing
  • Created a new theme for the Shop to better fit the up and coming forum theme*
  • Pet Naming is now available @ http://hc.to/petname
  • Changed permissions to zPermissions from bPermissions.
  • Resolved issue with players losing classes on login. (thanks Zeroth!)
  • Enabled daily restart script @ 4:15AM CST. Thanks TheYeti
  • Resolved lighter issue - crafters level 10 and above can now use the lighter tool!
  • DHX has purchased the castle-shop in Trade district and is now selling very rare goods for premium prices! (-50,-140)
  • Herobook now lets users see the titles they currently can use.
  • Improve the way Heroes logs debugging. Thanks to Gabizou
  • Hoppers & Hopper Minecarts now re-added! Engineers rejoice!
  • Added /hero choose, menu GUI to choose classes!

Tigobitties123

Legacy Supporter 6
What was excavate before? Is this a nerf? If so thought it was good due to it being the only really used skill other then Smeltgold

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
What's the background for this change? Being able to use local/shout chats to detect whether there are players nearby is very useful.
I'm guessing this is to make the stealth ability of the stealth classes actually useful, as well as to make PvP a bigger part of the server.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
A lot of PvPers let loose a battle cry in shout - to confirm there is someone around to hunt, yes? ;)

Non-PvP'ers do the same; let loose a random cry (Mine is Test, it's even macro'd) and see if anyone hears it. If they do, hightail it somewhere, hide, or in my case, log out. With the removal of this, I'm more or less being forced to turn my sound on, listen to footsteps, hope I don't get ambushed from the back when dealing with monsters (When I would normally check if the coast is clear before engaging), etc. Basically, the non-PvP'ers just got a lot less safe.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
And ... let's see... if you need help and you're wanting to check if there's someone around to give you a hand ... or if you're wandering past a town and think it might be fun to see if you could visit (yes, as a non-PvPer I am doing this increasingly often) ... it's nice to be able to find out immediately if there's anyone around instead of sitting and waiting and wondering ... :(

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
And ... let's see... if you need help and you're wanting to check if there's someone around to give you a hand ... or if you're wandering past a town and think it might be fun to see if you could visit (yes, as a non-PvPer I am doing this increasingly often) ... it's nice to be able to find out immediately if there's anyone around instead of sitting and waiting and wondering ... :(
Well, it's arguable that you could use /o for that, although it's definitely a pain to have to broadcast your coords and hope someone was close enough AND friendly enough to help you.

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
Being able to shout and see if someone is in your area is broken. I'm for the removal of that. It was overused and this keeps things more stealthy. Defeats the purpose of making use of stealth in the game if you can just /shout and see that someone in around.

People will argue this, I say let them. People argue everything. It is a good change. :)