• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dev Notes - 4.91+

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Was my reason not sufficient? :p
Unfortunately not. xD I'm not seeing how it's broken, and it doesn't break the purpose of stealth if the person using stealth is good enough. If you're good, you sneak anyways, and as long as you're behind a block no one's gonna see you. Knowing someone's there doesn't change a thing if you don't know where they are. Most people tend to play HC as though there's always someone there anyways, a little confirmation shouldn't hurt.

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
Unfortunately not. xD I'm not seeing how it's broken, and it doesn't break the purpose of stealth if the person using stealth is good enough. If you're good, you sneak anyways, and as long as you're behind a block no one's gonna see you. Knowing someone's there doesn't change a thing if you don't know where they are. Most people tend to play HC as though there's always someone there anyways, a little confirmation shouldn't hurt.

Let's look at this from a realistic point of view. If I go outside and shout at the top of my lungs. "HELLO EVERYONE!!!" chances are nothing is going to yell back at me "No one is around to hear you.".

This is a hardcore survival server, "a little confirmation" should not be needed. I'd be more on my guard and probably high-tail it if I had valuables on me if I did /shout and saw that someone was within shouting distance.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
This is a hardcore survival server, "a little confirmation" should not be needed. I'd be more on my guard and probably high-tail it if I had valuables on me if I did /shout and saw that someone was within shouting distance.

Wait what. Why? This was the whole basis of my safety in HC! Is this about that whole 'hardcore' thing?

Thought so. Hiding behind 'hardcore' again.

I'd be more on my guard and probably high-tail it if I had valuables on me if I did /shout and saw that someone was within shouting distance.

So now instead of being more on your guard and probably high tailing it if you saw someone within shouting distance, you'd just be more on your guard and probably high tailing it all the time.

Welp, not like I can do anything about it. xD Just gotta be ready to log out whenever I turn a corner is all.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Thought so. Hiding behind 'hardcore' again.

So now instead of being more on your guard and probably high tailing it if you saw someone within shouting distance, you'd just be more on your guard and probably high tailing it all the time.

Welp, not like I can do anything about it. xD Just gotta be ready to log out whenever I turn a corner is all.
We aren't hiding behind hardcore. It was used too much to tell if people were near you.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
We aren't hiding behind hardcore. It was used too much to tell if people were near you.
I know, I know. Again, like I was saying, I just wanted to have some way of avoiding PvP if I had the choice, and this was a legal and fairly effective way of doing it. Not completely, since it doesn't tell me WHERE the guy is, and if he's sneaking he could be behind the wall or around the corner. But it DOES tell me I should be extra careful. I just feel that it's not too broken as it was.

I can live without it. I just have to become completely paranoid.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
It was used just as much by people looking for PvP. It would help alot in raids seeing if there was others in the town.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Kainzo will this new level cap also mean that all of us will get our classes reset?
Map resets are unplanned. They will only occur when the Staff finds a reason to stop the map(such as technical issues, but not limited to, w/Minecraft or the server itself). Also, Kainzo will announce himself clearly if there is a map wipe, usually a couple of weeks or months before so.

Arturec

Soulsand
I think non-PVPers should do 1 of 2 things.
1. Learn to PVP and only defend yourself if neccesary. (Or bring 10 speed pots on you at all times)
2. Find somebody to protect you. (Pay them if neccesary)

This IS a PVP server, and if you're trying to avoid PVP, that's fine, but don't ask for any graces because you don't like PVP...

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
I think non-PVPers should do 1 of 2 things.
1. Learn to PVP and only defend yourself if neccesary. (Or bring 10 speed pots on you at all times)
2. Find somebody to protect you. (Pay them if neccesary)

This IS a PVP server, and if you're trying to avoid PVP, that's fine, but don't ask for any graces because you don't like PVP...
Kainzo has said: this is an RPG server, not a PVP server ;)

On topic: I like most of these changes. Not sure about the consumption of a compass on Track, but we'll see :)

Arturec

Soulsand
The Compass on track is kind of stupid, I understand that he wants tracks to be worth something so people won't just randomly track random people, but I feel like he should just make the CD on track like 5 minutes and make it cost something cheap, that doesnt sink stuff anyways, by doing this he made alchemist's transmute worthless, because 1 stack of iron selling for 20c minimum (before compass) was only giving a profit of 6 coins... -.-

and PVP is an element of RPG. I know there are people who don't like to PVP so maybe they should loosen their purses and hire a bodyguard, or go disciple and run all their lives. It's not a problem for me. I die alot, and I feel like it's a true RPG experience, kind of rogue-like, because out of thousands of adventurers, some are going to die... Xd

if he wanted an iron sink he could always lower CD on transmute... 2 mins..... x.x

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
if he wanted an iron sink he could always lower CD on transmute... 2 mins..... x.x

Some of the alchemists I talk to say that they hardly transmute iron because it's not really worth their time. If it was, then yes - transmuting would have been a bigger iron-sink.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We have reduced the entity activation range from 250R to like 60R. This greatly reduces the effects of any possible client modifications to detect entities. We have also removed the chat level range. This is to fight abuse.