• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dev notes 4.10

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Are you referring to TOWN CHATS? or OFFTOPIC, etc?

THIS PATCH IS NOW LIVE.
/tc or /townchat still functions over multiple maps, it's Herochat created that are not set to the main global chats. So, the chats with this issue are ones like /ch NW, /ch Acad, /ch Gen, etc., - Private, Town, and Guild Herochat Channels.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Dev Notes 4.12
Changes
  • Updated the Anti-Cheat Plugin.
  • Added smooth bricks to build exp.
  • Added cocoa-plant to farming exp.
  • Skill-Wolf re-added to Ranger (Level5)
  • Skill-Scan now has a 30 block range on use.
  • Skill-One now lasts 15s and has a reuse of 50s
  • Ninja/Bard/Runeblade now gain an extra 0.5 hp per level.
  • Evil now spawns off-set from the player instead of on the same block.
  • Updated Multiverse Core/Portals
  • Changed Formatting on Vote messages slightly
  • Temp removed Skill-TextMark and Telekensis (bukkit issues)
  • Fixed issues with CraftBook, ICs and Mechanisms.
[DOUBLEPOST=1350661489,1350480705][/DOUBLEPOST]This is now live, as of 10/19

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Dev Notes 4.13
Changes
  • Resolved European Latency issues.
  • Fixed Cleric master Title to be [Cleric] not [Vicar].
  • Skill-Scan granted to Pyromancer (1).
  • LWC's not accessed in one month will be removed via admin query - /lwc admin expire 1 month.
  • Now listed on MinecraftForums Server List - here
  • Updated Residence / Craftbook / PetitionPlugin.
  • Changed View Distance from 4 to 5.
  • Quantum Leap reagent changed to Slime-ball.
  • Removed /DTP & Titles associated, replaced with /PVP top.
  • Implemented tracking for PVE/PVP in MySQL.
  • Updated Anti-build for better protection.
  • Alchemist: Mycelium now requires a diamond instead of a diamondblock.

So, how will our lwc's be reported? Does the month start as of the patch day? If a potentially inactive lwc is found, how do we know if it has been a month, and how do we report it? Or do we even report it? Just....explain, please.

NamelessFreak

Legacy Supporter 5
So, how will our lwc's be reported? Does the month start as of the patch day? If a potentially inactive lwc is found, how do we know if it has been a month, and how do we report it? Or do we even report it? Just....explain, please.
I think it will be automatic and will reset one month after the last use.
"expire 1 month" <-- Think that the command sets time and server just logs the last use of an LWC. When it reaches a month mark it will unlock.

Don't quote me on this. I might be wrong. Thats just how I understand it.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo

Level 40 Ranger Here. Trying to use Wolf can't get it to work.

Gave a wolf like 18 bones, got the error message "You are unable to breed animals"

Takes the bones then returns them to my inventory. Tried to /bind wolf & /bind tame but it says it is a passive ability.

Let me know if I should repost this in bug reports?

Also I do not see the normal puff of smoke graphic. Hope that helps!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo

Level 40 Ranger Here. Trying to use Wolf can't get it to work.

Gave a wolf like 18 bones, got the error message "You are unable to breed animals"

Takes the bones then returns them to my inventory. Tried to /bind wolf & /bind tame but it says it is a passive ability.

Let me know if I should repost this in bug reports?

Also I do not see the normal puff of smoke graphic. Hope that helps!
Post on bug reports please, we'll check into it...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo Forgot to ask this. Are you tracking just "Player X killed Player Y" and "Player X has killed N mobs"? If you're not tracking classes and dates, I recommend that you do.
Hmm, Battle-Tracker is the plugin used to track this. It does not track Hero-classes. It's possible we could make a pul-request, we don't directly work on it but have access to the person who does.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Hmm, Battle-Tracker is the plugin used to track this. It does not track Hero-classes. It's possible we could make a pul-request, we don't directly work on it but have access to the person who does.

The reason I recommend it, is the data collected would be extremely useful in many different ways. Individual players could track their kills and deaths over a certain time and even filter by class. However, the real benefactor here is the balance team. Imagine if you had a table like this:

Columns:
killer_class|killer_name|victim_class|victim_name|datetime

Example row:
Cleric|Roadkill909|Zo|Kainzo|17:52-11-5-2012

The balance team could then query the K/D of a specific class versus all classes or a specific class. So when someone makes a suggestion that says "ClassA is OP!", the balance team then has some hard statistical evidence to look at. They can also compare the K/D change over a period of time before and after a patch to see how changes have affected that class.

It wouldn't give a perfect picture of balance but it would provide an excellent reference. Levels and party size could also be tracked, but the more things you track the more memory you use.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The reason I recommend it, is the data collected would be extremely useful in many different ways. Individual players could track their kills and deaths over a certain time and even filter by class. However, the real benefactor here is the balance team. Imagine if you had a table like this:

Columns:
killer_class|killer_name|victim_class|victim_name|datetime

Example row:
Cleric|Roadkill909|Zo|Kainzo|17:52-11-5-2012

The balance team could then query the K/D of a specific class versus all classes or a specific class. So when someone makes a suggestion that says "ClassA is OP!", the balance team then has some hard statistical evidence to look at. They can also compare the K/D change over a period of time before and after a patch to see how changes have affected that class.

It wouldn't give a perfect picture of balance but it would provide an excellent reference. Levels and party size could also be tracked, but the more things you track the more memory you use.
I think you should get with @Alkarin of Battle-Plugins and see if you can push this with him. I don't have the time but I'll forward him your message.