• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

death of healers

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah, I'm aware. Just theoretical here. If the skill were to have a cast time like bloodmage bandage than it would be ridiculously difficult to time it effeciently, which is what I would class as a "LONG" cast time.
Timing is part of skill, imo ;) bandage heals for dick in comparison to a COMPLETE HEAL. Kicks/Interrupts will be required to take down a group with a cleric.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I wouldn't mind seeing healers changed up a bit.

Right now our healers kind of remind me of a WoW Priest. Almost all heals, and very little to defend themselves with.

The healers that I pictured were more Dungeons & Dragons cleric types, able to heal, but also able to wear medium armor and bash you around with their maces/hammers/flails

Thoughts?

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I wouldn't mind seeing healers changed up a bit.

Right now our healers kind of remind me of a WoW Priest. Almost all heals, and very little to defend themselves with.

The healers that I pictured were more Dungeons & Dragons cleric types, able to heal, but also able to wear medium armor and bash you around with their maces/hammers/flails

Thoughts?

Personally it seems like this role is already delegated to disciples (damage) and clerics (armor). Clerics also have might, which gives some minor benefit to their parties capacity for bashing dudes.

Also, every single healer has something to defend themselves with, minor or large. Clerics boast decent armor rates (I believe it's 6.5/13 units of armor, depending on how you look at it), aswell as two invulnerability spells and the ability to rapidly heal themselves and their party. Disciples feature a variety of abilities - Reborn, Forcepush, Ironfist - which all help them defend themselves and stay alive. Druid has root and rejuvenate is an instant cast ability, which means you can recoup your health while running full speed if you're being chased or something to that extent. Bloodmages have a variety of weak lifestealing abilities, however, last time I checked, Soulleech caused knockback every tick and had a fairly rapid cast time, which made it a great spell for keeping the bloodmage alive. They also had silence to demolish the effeciency of any opposing casters.

Every healer can defend themselves, even if they can't kill everyone else.

Timing is part of skill, imo ;) bandage heals for dick in comparison to a COMPLETE HEAL. Kicks/Interrupts will be required to take down a group with a cleric.

I agree completely, but I personally would make it more about timing when to use it rather than trying to predict it. If the cast time is "LONG", Bloodmage Style, then it seems like it will either be wasted most of the time, or fail to save the target.

If it's "LONG" as in, Chant, then that seems good, provided the mana cost is suitably large and the cooldown is appropriate.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
I am sticking with my 'Heal does damage to undead'. I feel that should be a big enough buff for Clerics.

Also, bloodmages/dreadknights/necromancers should be able to temp. turn someone undead so that healers can use heal-damage to their advantage. 'Become-Death' would have the same effect of this undead skill on the caster himself, so Become-Death would become a little... harder to use.

EDIT: Druids should get a skill like Aero from Final Fantasy.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I think healers need a buff, not sure how but they do.

EDIT: I think clerics and disciples are fine, but druids and bloodmages do.

This isn't even a suggestion. Why would you put this in the suggestions?
All I read was a crappy shakespeare reincarnate "Oh woe as me, I suffered through the worst, yet no one answers my cries of dismay."

You disagree about the current state of the healers? SUGGEST A CHANGE. Don't cry about how you want the past to come back, yet not give anyone a clear idea of what you want.

You're damned right I'm going to tell you to shut up and stop crying, Because it's immature and it makes you look dumb.

On topic, yeah. The healing class has definitely taken a "turn" not necessarily for the worse or the good. I'm betting that if you asked Kainzo about the healing classes before making this atrocity you would have understood that he knew all this and was trying to fix it. I mean, you act like we all don't understand the problem when it's right in front of everyone. We're not that ignorant, I mean come on.

TL;DR?
This isn't a suggestion, and crying doesn't help.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
All I read was a crappy shakespeare reincarnate "Oh woe as me, I suffered through the worst, yet no one answers my cries of dismay."

You disagree about the current state of the healers? SUGGEST A CHANGE. Don't cry about how you want the past to come back, yet not give anyone a clear idea of what you want.

You're damned right I'm going to tell you to shut up and stop crying, Because it's immature and it makes you look dumb.

On topic, yeah. The healing class has definitely taken a "turn" not necessarily for the worse or the good. I'm betting that if you asked Kainzo about the healing classes before making this atrocity you would have understood that he knew all this and was trying to fix it. I mean, you act like we all don't understand the problem when it's right in front of everyone. We're not that ignorant, I mean come on.

TL;DR?

Was originally posted in general, I think. Just saying.,

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think @Megan should try Cleric. They are much better at healing than Disciples are and have much better HP and armors. If you really wanted to heal for the sake of helping people out by healing them, you would be plenty happy with Cleric.

Bloodmage and Druid will be getting worked on soon I assume!

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I think @Megan should try Cleric. They are much better at healing than Disciples are and have much better HP and armors. If you really wanted to heal for the sake of helping people out by healing them, you would be plenty happy with Cleric.

Bloodmage and Druid will be getting worked on soon I assume!

If the problem is mana, druid is a better fit. They have infinite mana essentially, as I said in previous posts.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

TL;DR?

This post: WINNING!

You are so right! There have been around 5 threads already from Megan about how she wants HER CURRENT class to be changed because SHE does not like it. She is not really suggesting anything either. :confused:

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3

TL;DR?

This post: WINNING!

You are so right! There have been around 5 threads already from Megan about how she wants HER CURRENT class to be changed because SHE does not like it. She is not really suggesting anything either. :confused:

It says above ^, "Was originally posted in general"

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

TL;DR?
I moved this to suggestions because I feel that suggesting fixes is better than crying about them.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Honestly, those who have nothing better to say than "Shut up and stop whining" should leave the thread - You are contributing nothing, and harassment is against the rules.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
In my opinion, as a pretty experienced PvP Cleric, here are some suggestions. Also, note that I think Clerics are in a pretty good spot right now. The first suggestion would be the only thing I would complain about really. Obviously with the limitations of Minecraft it makes group PvP difficult and those limitations should be taken into consideration with single target heals. Healers are absolutely fine in PvE, we sit in a corner and press macros that we pre planned out. However, when you run, jump, and fight, it gets more complicated.

-Double or triple the range of heals somewhat compare with projectiles.
Minecraft lag and movement makes healing with targeted spells nearly impossible in a combat situation. Generally as a Cleric you run in circles and group heal for maximum EHPS.

-Give healer types a 300 sec mana regen CD.
This will allow a healer to be more effective in a single battle but will still leave them vulnerable to focus fire and silences.

-Single target cast times could use a 15-25% reduction
EHPS would essentially be the same but would allow for more mobility and require more precise silences from opponents.

-Escape abilities
short sprint, self forcepush, point blank and short range crowd control (disarm,Silence,dispair, confuse, etc). This would allow for a bit of escapability.

Overall, when it comes to PvP, it's Cleric or bust for a healer. Groupheal is the only dependable heal in a mass lag group fight since you have to be right in the grills of EVERYONE to heal anyone you cannot stay still and Chant. Healers are like melee hybrids right now because thats where we must fightin order to heal, in the melee ranks.

As for Megans complaint, do not let a caster hit you in the open or you should die. Healers are support and unless they up our damage you should play defensively. If the Dev team wanted us to kill we would really need some sort of slow or root and some nukes (roll druid when 60 comes out).

Demonxman

Obsidian
In my opinion, as a pretty experienced PvP Cleric, here are some suggestions. Also, note that I think Clerics are in a pretty good spot right now. The first suggestion would be the only thing I would complain about really. Obviously with the limitations of Minecraft it makes group PvP difficult and those limitations should be taken into consideration with single target heals. Healers are absolutely fine in PvE, we sit in a corner and press macros that we pre planned out. However, when you run, jump, and fight, it gets more complicated.

Minecraft lag and movement makes healing with targeted spells nearly impossible in a combat situation. Generally as a Cleric you run in circles and group heal for maximum EHPS.

This will allow a healer to be more effective in a single battle but will still leave them vulnerable to focus fire and silences.

EHPS would essentially be the same but would allow for more mobility and require more precise silences from opponents.

-Escape abilities
short sprint, self forcepush, point blank and short range crowd control (disarm,Silence,dispair, confuse, etc). This would allow for a bit of escapability.

Overall, when it comes to PvP, it's Cleric or bust for a healer. Groupheal is the only dependable heal in a mass lag group fight since you have to be right in the grills of EVERYONE to heal anyone you cannot stay still and Chant. Healers are like melee hybrids right now because thats where we must fightin order to heal, in the melee ranks.

As for Megans complaint, do not let a caster hit you in the open or you should die. Healers are support and unless they up our damage you should play defensively. If the Dev team wanted us to kill we would really need some sort of slow or root and some nukes (roll druid when 60 comes out).
if I could like this, I would. very well said. you sir are 'acceptable' :)

Glent

Glowing Redstone

I agree with increasing the range of heals, however triple is a bit far. I think double would be decent.

This is a bad idea as it completely defeats the purpose of druids. The only purpose of druids is that they have immense mana capabilities through low cooldown consume aswell as replenish to restore their mana when it is depleted. Giving this to more healers would make druids completely worthless, and I personally believe that healers and casters in general should have to practise more conservative casting.

They are already pretty fast, and it's difficult to silence interrupt one without preemptively casting it, atleast from Europe. Also, doubling the range of heals would mean that this isn't required.

-Escape abilities

Root, invuln, iron fist, chakra - these can all be used as escape abilities.

In short, I only believe that the range of heals should be increased (roughly double or 1.5x current range). I've played all of the healer specs and the only one I haven't mastered is cleric (though I have played with a 55 cleric), and I've done varying amounts of pvp as each.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4

I agree with increasing the range of heals, however triple is a bit far. I think double would be decent.

This is a bad idea as it completely defeats the purpose of druids. The only purpose of druids is that they have immense mana capabilities through low cooldown consume aswell as replenish to restore their mana when it is depleted. Giving this to more healers would make druids completely worthless, and I personally believe that healers and casters in general should have to practise more conservative casting.

They are already pretty fast, and it's difficult to silence interrupt one without preemptively casting it, atleast from Europe. Also, doubling the range of heals would mean that this isn't required.

-Escape abilities

Root, invuln, iron fist, chakra - these can all be used as escape abilities.

In short, I only believe that the range of heals should be increased (roughly double or 1.5x current range). I've played all of the healer specs and the only one I haven't mastered is cleric (though I have played with a 55 cleric), and I've done varying amounts of pvp as each.

I was just throwing out suggestions to get peoples brains moving, not really saying they need anything. The monotony of the one dimensional healer role is somewhat boring at times and some spice could do them well in my opinion.

Glent

Glowing Redstone

I was just throwing out suggestions to get peoples brains moving, not really saying they need anything. The monotony of the one dimensional healer role is somewhat boring at times and some spice could do them well in my opinion.[/quote]

Isn't this why there is four healer classes though? I always agree that additional abilities and interesting mechanics will be good for any class, but I don't think it should modify the classes existing purpose too much or interfere with the role of other classes. Exceptions within healer at the moment I would say are druid and bloodmage because, while interesting ideas for classes, they aren't that useful compared to say, a cleric. I would also like disciples to be able to forcepush and forcepull their party members, but that is still within their existing role of position manipulation (or that is the role I see them in on support terms).