• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
If it's not about money, it's about something as silly as "being the best of some online game that earns me nothing and adds no value to my life or my overall worth to the human race" why put this much effort into it? It's so...sad :p

Could it be possible that CraftLandia is merely a Zombie farm? The guy might want the biggest server so he can increase the size of his DDOS army. He doesn't require players to buy the game right? Maybe this is motivated by his desire to just have as many people download his mod as possible. aka - increase his zombie horde.

Let the conspiracy theory flow... lol

Northac

Obsidian
hmm, no email from you here Kainzo. Lol he's trying to say he's innocent while distrubiting pirated software?
Wait! He's trying to use the "I'm innocent of this crime (DDoS'ing) because I was doing preforming this crime (pirating software) at that time." defense......

odd1inak

TNT
So basically everyone is trying to cover their rears in fear of a DDOS attack but Craftlandia claims they do nothing of the sort to anyone? My guess is they are threatening anyone with actual information of their actions to remove any evidence of their crimes. Blackmail and bullying tactics. Does not surprise me one bit after all has been said and done on all this. Just my two cents on the issues.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Didn't @Jotamota got the client?
If he send it to anyone who can read through the code?
Couldn't we then find out if the client is there to make his possibly zombie army bigger?

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Our thread on Minecraft Forums was deleted:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1421113-a-great-injustice/
It looks like we have hit a nerve somewhere.
I think that is unfair, when things like this happen people should support each other against it not remove people attempts at rebelling. If curse/MCF was DDOS' they could take it a lot further law wise i would think as they are a major company also i would expect them to have some form of anti-ddos. @Kainzo I think you should speak with the owner of a server named Lord of the Craft they are a major server and rather popular they were victim to a large ddos' attack maybe he could give you some tips. Below is what he was being attacked by and what he managed to do.

Hey #LOTC,
I’m still working to mitigate this huge attack, and would like to share some impressive stats about it:
  • We currently have 234,000 unique IPs attacking our site.
  • We are currently filtering 140,000 of these attacking IP’s.
  • We’re being hit at a speed of about 7.2GB/s
  • We’re filtering about 4GB/s.
  • ~25% of the current traffic is from Japan and the Ukraine.
  • We’ve blacklisted all incoming connections from the Ukraine / Japan.
I

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Guys - its very important to send these emails out!
TAKE A STAND UPDATE:
The team at Herocraft has composed some email templates you can send. See below:
GoDaddy.com (Hosting pirated files): Email @ [email protected] ->http://pastie.org/private/hziqcc5ab63gay8rqgnova
Mojang.com (Illegally distributing Mojang code): Email [email protected] and [email protected] ->http://pastie.org/private/h4y8iuszqiwz0bvvp1byzq
gvt.com.br (his ISP): Email - [email protected] -> http://pastie.org/private/i7m4msk8woodsluy1sfpyg
Do not let this injustice stand, Take a stand and spread the word so we can legally have this tyrant taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.