• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DDOS attack by CraftLandia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm astounded and disappointed that people actually pull this garbage.

What does this mean? I may be having a minor neural disconnect, but it just doesn't make sense. Whatever the case, thanks for being so dedicated to us, Kain. I appreciate it. I'll try to scrounge up the means to donate some more in the near future.

Not to minimize the validity of your disdain, but that's from beta 1.5. Just saying.
Please don't think you have to donate - donations won't make this guy just go away UNLESS we get a lawyer hired and some US law-enforcement involved. That may be a waste of our resources considering the outcome of their previous attacks.

How are we suppose to stop it?
I'm in talks with an anti-ddos atm. Wanting to finish some stuff up at work.

The price will be around $200 for 5TB of clean traffic (We average 3-5TB a month)
We can cover this but not indefinitely.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Joined the forum just to say that this is getting ridiculous. Mad respect to Afforress whereas Bukkit and mcforums seem to just not care. Pretty pathetic IMO.

Anyways, to lighten up the mood... @Kainzo

2ce3zmh.png

I guess the forums don't want me :( Look at that captcha >.<
Spunkiiez paid the Captcha while noone was looking

Bonafideb3ast

Legacy Supporter 4
Please don't think you have to donate - donations won't make this guy just go away UNLESS we get a lawyer hired and some US law-enforcement involved. That may be a waste of our resources considering the outcome of their previous attacks.

I'm in talks with an anti-ddos atm. Wanting to finish some stuff up at work.

The price will be around $200 for 5TB of clean traffic (We average 3-5TB a month)
We can cover this but not indefinitely.
Is there any other way. Why dont we just "Pay them a visit"?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm tempted to make 20 proxy alts on MCF and continue my campaign (I got a warning on my main account already, don't want it banned xD )

Twizinator

Wood
How much does the server make in donations a week? And how much do we have to up it to pay for all that?
7 1/2
Again, Fight fire with fire, don't waste your time dealing with the feds, or anyone else for that matter, because frankly, they just don't give two shits... If they aren't gonna get in trouble for this, then we won't either.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
7 1/2
Again, Fight fire with fire, don't waste your time dealing with the feds, or anyone else for that matter, because frankly, they just don't give two shits... If they aren't gonna get in trouble for this, then we won't either.
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about~

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
7 1/2

We could do that and fight against them, but these people seem like the type of people who do something like DDos'ing and think nothing will happen to them and think its fine, but when it happens to them they through a huge ass bitch fit and try to get you in as much trouble as is humanly possible.

And if we start to attack them and Kainzo or anyone for that matter happens to get someone who can stop this in law then they will have proof of us doing the same to them as them to us meaning, nothing will happen to them or what happens to them happens to us so the server could possible be taken down or what ever, you get the idea atleast, I hope :O.

Shame, would make me soo happy to fuck up every single one of their servers, change there CP and SFTP passwords :D.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
When this is all over and we have our server back, the admins should host a massive event. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.