• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion CUSTOM MOBS NEED TO BE STOPPED

I have an example of what symbolite is saying: Toontown was at gold castle capping and ( like an idiot ) I decide to go and poke the bear. The 1 v 6 ended up in me dying and my chest blocked up. When I ran back 2 try and get my stuff, I saw some skeletons and spiders nearby. I made them follow me, used them as a distraction to get to my chest and GTFO of there. Yeah, mobs can be a pain. BUT they have their uses. Kinda evens out unfair situations when played right

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
idk most mobs are a non issue for me, I can dance around them and avoid their stuff just fine if I know they're there. For example, the other night I ran circles around my dark room while some guys were leveling in it. Literally did about 20 laps through packs of mythic mobs and regular mobs before a skeleton finally landed a single arrow on me. The other guys asked me if I was crazy, maybe I am? The only mob that does give me trouble is the obvious one, the red named guy with the homing missile. Just steer clear of aggro range for that guy. And if you are unfortunate enough to be in aggro range, gtfo of his missile firing range before he launches that shit.

I'd take this a step further, being aware of your surroundings is one thing, taking advantage of your surroundings is even more fun in PvP. Pulling my foe to a more advantageous position for me is always a good move. Definitely need to take a look around before engaging into a fight. Know what dangers lay about, know your terrain. Throwing in a environment example... building my dome this map was one of the harder domes I've ever worked on due to the depth of the water and requiring me to spend hours on the ocean floor placing sand to create a dry dock. In a four hour time period I was attacked three times. All three times my attackers were met with their death because I was prepared to fight there while they were not. Two of those fights were 2 on 1 situations. One of these fights actually ended when I led my attackers to a pack of mobs in the water while they were concentrated on following me as I ran across the ocean floor.

Anyway like I was saying, if you're being targeted then you aren't being aware of your surroundings, if you're being hit in addition to being targeted then you really really aren't paying attention. That mob you carelessly ignored might as well be another player if you're going to allow it free shots on you. The battle field is big and open, use it, and move through it.
Well Said, I agree 100% with you. Mobs DO NOT need to be changed at all! Players just need to learn to use them to their advantage. And if you are dying to mobs that much then maybe you shouldn't be doing PVP in the first place.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
@Symbolite If they spawn in the middle of conflict you can't "steer clear of aggro range" the aggression range of a lot of the mythic mobs is substantially larger than the area the spawning algorithm prevents mobs from spawning around players.

Well Said, I agree 100% with you. Mobs DO NOT need to be changed at all! Players just need to learn to use them to their advantage. And if you are dying to mobs that much then maybe you shouldn't be doing PVP in the first place.
In smaller conflicts I can agree but when mythic mobs bring a complete halt to a large PvP conflict (15 or so players) because there are too many of them spawning to ignore I feel something needs to change.

I'm not stating that they're too strong it's that there seems to be something that occurs when more players are grouped together that cause mythic mobs seem to spawn at a substantially increased rate.

Last edited:

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
@Symbolite If they spawn in the middle of conflict you can't "steer clear of aggro range" the aggression range of a lot of the mythic mobs is substantially larger than the area the spawning algorithm prevents mobs from spawning around players.

In smaller conflicts I can agree but when mythic mobs bring a complete halt to a large PvP conflict (15 or so players) because there are too many of them spawning to ignore I feel something needs to change.

I'm not stating that they're too strong it's that there seems to be something that occurs when more players are grouped together that cause mythic mobs seem to spawn at a substantially increased rate.
MFW people are trying to argue with you about this when they don't have fights outside of spawn, or barely PvP. lmao.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

Your on crack mate your probably one of the kids that sit in his base jerking himself off all day to his cobblestone walls

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Your on crack mate your probably one of the kids that sit in his base jerking himself off all day to his cobblestone walls
now now, lets keep this civil name calling won't solve anything lets keep this a proper discussion.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
now now, lets keep this civil name calling won't solve anything lets keep this a proper discussion.

I would but this man doesn't even know what the word pvp means. Very upsetting when he's giving suggestions, but hasn't even dabbled in pvping or killing custom mobs outside his base even. I enjoy the custom mobs because I love getting special gear and the increased money, but at the same time they are ridiculous to pvp around especially in an area that isn't flat and has mountains mobs can destroy you and Im a dragoon and I have no trouble getting around them.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I would but this man doesn't even know what the word pvp means. Very upsetting when he's giving suggestions, but hasn't even dabbled in pvping or killing custom mobs outside his base even. I enjoy the custom mobs because I love getting special gear and the increased money, but at the same time they are ridiculous to pvp around especially in an area that isn't flat and has mountains mobs can destroy you and Im a dragoon and I have no trouble getting around them.

tjxbDjh.jpg

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
lol I know most of the people who do and don't go out of there way to do group pvp he's not one of them and you know this

That doesn't matter. If you think he's wrong (which he was agreeing with Symbolite rather than writing a unique argument for keeping mobs the same) you could have replied, to either of them, why they are wrong.

Everyone has a voice.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Tbh we are playing a mmo themed RPG server not Call of Duty. Fair and balanced are two words we shouldn't need for the server. Aside from class balance. I get the frustration, but instead of always trying to change stuff, why not just learn to play around it? You know, like other games. You wouldn't hop on a Dark Souls forum and tell them mobs ruin pvp. You wouldn't go to Mortal Online and complain their are too many battle fields filled with enemies. If you did, you'd be laughed at.

On top of this, these mobs hardly ever seem to cause an issue. It happens, sure, but they are super slow and very easy to kite. Pick your fights wisely.

EDIT: Words of the wise, git gud

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
That doesn't matter. If you think he's wrong (which he was agreeing with Symbolite rather than writing a unique argument for keeping mobs the same) you could have replied, to either of them, why they are wrong.

Everyone has a voice.
I feel like their argument is completely invalid when they have not experienced the stress of trying to get a group fight together not at spawn. When there is 14-20 people in the area, about 50 of those mobs will spawn in the matter of seconds. We are grouping away from spawn to stop graveyard running and to have an actual fight. Not take more damage to multiple withers being fired at you. The majority of people that are replying to this have not experienced this at all. Quite irritating.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
We hunt bounties a lot. Mobs get in our way a lot. Hunting players in dark rooms is much much more worse than any thing you are describing.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I feel like their argument is completely invalid when they have not experienced the stress of trying to get a group fight together not at spawn. When there is 14-20 people in the area, about 50 of those mobs will spawn in the matter of seconds. We are grouping away from spawn to stop graveyard running and to have an actual fight. Not take more damage to multiple withers being fired at you. The majority of people that are replying to this have not experienced this at all. Quite irritating.

You don't even know for sure the guy you're trying to roast about that has done group based pvp or not or how much. You're just assuming shit because you disagree with him.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
You don't even know for sure the guy you're trying to roast about that has done group based pvp or not or how much. You're just assuming shit because you disagree with him.
In fact we have had a few team fight senarios in our old dark room.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
In fact we have had a few team fight senarios in our old dark room.

We've also done groupfights through the years before and after mythic mobs came out.

Now, I guess I should post my actual opinion on the subject - I also don't think anything should be changed. This is an RPG server, not a PVP server. PVP like everything else is just a piece of the RPG as a whole. If you want STRUCTURED pvp you should arrange it yourself in your town (build an arena or something and invite people. get creative!) or you should go write a suggestion thread about how /duel from bastion map should come back. (let's bring back team battlegrounds and the 2-hourly deathmatches too while we're at it).

You shouldn't expect any degree of structure to group PVP unless the environment is controlled ahead of time - like in a town's arena that's built and lit to prevent mobs from either spawning inside or entering. If you expect two groups of 10+ players to meet in some random field somewhere and NOT have to deal with monsters, for the environment to be balanced and fair, then you should go play a different game. Something match and round based like Call of Duty or w/e.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
I mean I have not once seen Newerth outside of spawn in a group to fight since the new mobs came out. You are right I do disagree with your points, but I'm just stating what I have seen so far. The mobs were brought into the game without the player base being consulted, as far as I know. They spawn in towns even with mob spawn being turned off. They spawn during the day or at any light level and mass spawn if many players are in the area. I'm not saying remove the mobs. I'm saying they just need to be spawned during night or at certain light levels.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
We've also done groupfights through the years before and after mythic mobs came out.

Now, I guess I should post my actual opinion on the subject - I also don't think anything should be changed. This is an RPG server, not a PVP server. PVP like everything else is just a piece of the RPG as a whole. If you want STRUCTURED pvp you should arrange it yourself in your town (build an arena or something and invite people. get creative!) or you should go write a suggestion thread about how /duel from bastion map should come back. (let's bring back team battlegrounds and the 2-hourly deathmatches too while we're at it).

You shouldn't expect any degree of structure to group PVP unless the environment is controlled ahead of time - like in a town's arena that's built and lit to prevent mobs from either spawning inside or entering. If you expect two groups of 10+ players to meet in some random field somewhere and NOT have to deal with monsters, for the environment to be balanced and fair, then you should go play a different game. Something match and round based like Call of Duty or w/e.
I think you forgot the major fact that they spawn in towns with /town toggle mobs is off. You shouldn't have to go through such a level to just get a fight.
You also aren't the only ones who have played multiple maps to PvP.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I mean I have not once seen Newerth outside of spawn in a group to fight since the new mobs came out. You are right I do disagree with your points, but I'm just stating what I have seen so far. The mobs were brought into the game without the player base being consulted, as far as I know. They spawn in towns even with mob spawn being turned off. They spawn during the day or at any light level and mass spawn if many players are in the area. I'm not saying remove the mobs. I'm saying they just need to be spawned during night or at certain light levels.

I am ok with both of these ideas - no spawning in towns or at least only during the night/in the dark. Perhaps even both.

It's not anyone in Newerth's fault they haven't seen you outside of spawn. We're out in the wilds all the time. It's totally unreasonable to assume we just sit inside all day. That would be boring lol

I think you forgot the major fact that they spawn in towns with /town toggle mobs is off. You shouldn't have to go through such a level to just get a fight.
You also aren't the only ones who have played multiple maps to PvP.

It might be worth bug reporting. If towns turn mobs off it would make sense the mythic mobs go too. My point still stands though I think if you can get two teams of 10+ players together to fight they can build a place to fight inside of that's as fair and balanced as they care to make it. If you think the server should provide this then we should suggest the return of the plugins we used to do it with. PVP in the wilds should be chaotic.

Edit: I might have mis-read what you meant. You haven't seen us group fight specifically since the new mobs, not be outside of town (right?). This must be a coincidence because we have. I won't lie it isn't often, but that is mostly due to the times we are online vs other people

Last edited: