• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion CUSTOM MOBS NEED TO BE STOPPED

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
We are constantly trying to have fights OUTSIDE of spawn. It's actually impossible if more then 4 people are there. These mobs that @xexorian made are fine for leveling, but they actually ruin group PvP fights. They either need to be took out of the game, lower the spawn rates, or make them spawn in the conditions of regular mobs and spawn at certain light levels.

@Admins @Kainzo

Last edited:

Boomer779

TNT
We are constantly trying to have fights OUTSIDE of spawn. It's actually impossible if more then 4 people are there. These mobs that @xexorian made are fine for leveling, but they actually ruin group PvP fights. They either need to be took out of the game, lower the spawn rates, or make them spawn in the conditions of regular mobs and spawn at certain light levels.

@Admins @Kainzo
Fight during the day?

Boomer779

TNT
They spawn during the day?
On a serious note however, I personally enjoy Mobs when Pvping. It brings an element of surprise and something you can't plan for when fighting making the experience more enjoyable. Also, if you are trying to make these large PvP battles outside of spawn then just clear the mobs before fighting. This server being a "hardcore PvP server", I feel allows for the mobs and what they add for a battle and that we as the players should have to deal with that. Simply removing them seems to take away from the experience and ease the Pvp aspect.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yea I have to say it's very noticeable when there are large group fights around herogates. The more players are located in an area the more of these mythic mobs seem to spawn and when there is a good 10-20 people they're everywhere and the PvP fight turns into a PvE fight.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I mean at night, its supposed to be dangerous, but they should despawn in day
I'm fairly sure they just don't despawn at all. If you afk in a town that has caves near it you'll see a whole bunch of mythic mobs in them that'll stay for days. I town member of mine saw 5 Rogun next to each other in a cave next to our town once lol/

Pakeon

TNT
ye they spawn very fast, especially rogun the sausage
and even if they are outside, they dont burn bc helmets, and even without helmets it would take so long until they die

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I think environmental effects and mob spawns provide a good addition to PvP. This isn't an arena fight where it's just you and your opponent. Always prepare for and be aware of things in your surroundings. That being said....

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think environmental effects and mob spawns provide a good addition to PvP. This isn't an arena fight where it's just you and your opponent. Always prepare for and be aware of things in your surroundings. That being said....

When these mobs can do 1/3 of your life in damage with homing missiles or spiders that have a greater melee range than players I have to disagree there. you essentially lose because it targeted you instead of your opponents. it has nothing to do with being aware of your surroundings.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I could see them staying if they actually had dodgeable skillshots, but the witherfire skill will follow you for around 15 seconds and does a ton of damage.

Pakeon

TNT
But pls dont nerf them, they are elites and bosses, they supposed to be good...
Just lower spawnrate or make em despawn in High lightlevel

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
When these mobs can do 1/3 of your life in damage with homing missiles or spiders that have a greater melee range than players I have to disagree there. you essentially lose because it targeted you instead of your opponents. it has nothing to do with being aware of your surroundings.

idk most mobs are a non issue for me, I can dance around them and avoid their stuff just fine if I know they're there. For example, the other night I ran circles around my dark room while some guys were leveling in it. Literally did about 20 laps through packs of mythic mobs and regular mobs before a skeleton finally landed a single arrow on me. The other guys asked me if I was crazy, maybe I am? The only mob that does give me trouble is the obvious one, the red named guy with the homing missile. Just steer clear of aggro range for that guy. And if you are unfortunate enough to be in aggro range, gtfo of his missile firing range before he launches that shit.

I'd take this a step further, being aware of your surroundings is one thing, taking advantage of your surroundings is even more fun in PvP. Pulling my foe to a more advantageous position for me is always a good move. Definitely need to take a look around before engaging into a fight. Know what dangers lay about, know your terrain. Throwing in a environment example... building my dome this map was one of the harder domes I've ever worked on due to the depth of the water and requiring me to spend hours on the ocean floor placing sand to create a dry dock. In a four hour time period I was attacked three times. All three times my attackers were met with their death because I was prepared to fight there while they were not. Two of those fights were 2 on 1 situations. One of these fights actually ended when I led my attackers to a pack of mobs in the water while they were concentrated on following me as I ran across the ocean floor.

Anyway like I was saying, if you're being targeted then you aren't being aware of your surroundings, if you're being hit in addition to being targeted then you really really aren't paying attention. That mob you carelessly ignored might as well be another player if you're going to allow it free shots on you. The battle field is big and open, use it, and move through it.