• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[CRITICAL] Backstab broken

back stab still spamming and still doing each hit. instead of each one.
i got backstabbed in same fight and fraps took laaaaagggy bit.. so no vid :(
every hit reduce a full heart.. every single one.

attempting to find test subjects to be scanned
and see where this issue is... not to mention my chat getitng filled with" OMG BACKSTABBY"

When I have used backstab is shows 2 messages and only hits once. Sometimes only doing the standard sword damage. Maybe your problem was lag related, because as a ninja myself, I have never experienced this event happening to myself or to others.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
sorry 4 people have the same message...
its not lag, its a bug that didnt get fixed.
its spams the chat like crazy and im sure its logged server side as well.

as a victim of many a ninja, it has spammed my screen and others as well. and the stabs land hit damage each time.
stay tuned shadow.. there be a vid soon enough.

GraRona

Portal
sorry 4 people have the same message...
its not lag, its a bug that didnt get fixed.
its spams the chat like crazy and im sure its logged server side as well.

as a victim of many a ninja, it has spammed my screen and others as well. and the stabs land hit damage each time.
stay tuned shadow.. there be a vid soon enough.

Yeah, when I got killed by moonpie, all I saw was a spam of backstabs in the span of 3 seconds and then boom I'm dead.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I one hit a dragoon once because I am very laggy so one hit = 10 backstab uses because of how much I spam my sword in a short time with the lag I get. I think that was fixed though lol

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
We need some people to use SCAN and see the damage changes.
Kainzo I've already done this with stealth_ninja_ when i was a geomancer and helped him run other tests with scan. Despite the backstab messages, there is nothing but standard damage

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i have found other evidence of this.
it spams the chat like mad, and other times its three messages.
using scan, it has done damage every hit or every other hit.

in essence, one can spam it by mass button pushing and there is no counter to it.
The target gets around 2-3 secs of text saying backstab backstab, even being full health, you die in that 3 secs.
if it was doing standard damage you should have bit of health after that.

bwmoZ.png

it doesnt seem to have same effect on certain classes, or armor. tested without armor get above results. seen players with full diamond gear and die from backstab spam 1 vs 1.

can someone test maybe like iron armor with scan? in controlled enviroment? cage maybe?