• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Creeper op

mawaty

TNT
I get one shotted with full health, Level 10 thief, (Just switched from ranger) and most of the blasts I take aren't from point blank.

Disketa777

Glowstone
I think the creeper damage is fine. It gives one a sense of danger knowing that at ANY second, a creeper will sneak up on you. Doesn't that add to the Hardcore thrill of the server? :D

Dreadniah

TNT
The problem with creeper's is that they are an absolute 1-shot for any unspecced class and a lot of the squishier specs. The occasional (and frequent) spikes in lag punish players for attempting to kill them because a creeper lagging into you is an unrecoverable loss in terms of that fight for so many people. If a creeper lags into you, you are not getting a second chance to use your skill to beat them, you will die. None of the other basic mobs (skeletons, zombies, spiders) can completely destroy you for something you have absolutely no control over.

Additionally, despite the extreme damage and risk, creepers offer almost the same exp as the other basic mobs and have only a small amount (60-80) less hp than skeles or zombies. Fighting a creeper is far more risk for far too little reward. I think either the damage should be nerfed to a level where unspecced classes that are level 15-20+ could survive the shot at full HP, or (if posible) they could do a % of max HP as damage, which stills allows recovery from a situation you might have no control over.

Disketa777

Glowstone
While I don't really care for making creepers do less damage, @Dreadniah does bring up a good point: Creepers are particularly difficult to kill and can easily kill you more than any other mob, yet they provide as much exp as a simple zombie. My only preference to rectify this is to make creepers give more exp. Like, say, 35-38 exp. :D

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
People complain creepers do too much damage, the damage is increased. People complain creepers don't give enough experience, the experience will be decreased. There is a pattern here. ;o

People complain creepers do too much damage, the damage is increased. People complain creepers don't give enough experience, the experience will be decreased. There is a pattern here. ;o
Hmm...Well guys, the damage of creepers are so underpowered! It barely does any damage! :rolleyes:

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
OK to prove they are broken as of warshard release pre warshard no armor as a Geo I would survive a close creeper with 2-2 1/2 hearts as of late though I have been getting one shotted in armor

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Well, they wouldn't be creepers if they didn't 1 shot you, or nearly one shot you.

Wanna make ghasts stop shooting fireballs too?
Creepers don't do shit if you're wearing armor, why should it be so different in herocraft? Don't give me the "its hardcore" bullshit because that excuse has been carrying kainzo along for far too long. Creepers one shotting people causes people to have less fun and reduces the size of the server.

Anyone notice the server almost NEVER reaches even 100 people anymore. Its probably because its a massive grindfest that caters entirely to the older playerbase and is so unwelcoming for new players.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Creepers don't do shit if you're wearing armor, why should it be so different in herocraft? Don't give me the "its hardcore" bullshit because that excuse has been carrying kainzo along for far too long. Creepers one shotting people causes people to have less fun and reduces the size of the server.

Anyone notice the server almost NEVER reaches even 100 people anymore. Its probably because its a massive grindfest that caters entirely to the older playerbase and is so unwelcoming for new players.
Agree 100%, if you didn't play the first month of the map, it is VERY hard to get into it.

Disketa777

Glowstone
I've noticed kainzo, on many different occasions, announcing he doesn't care that people leave or don't stay, and in fact, laughing at the notion. When this server is called Hardcore, I picture it as not catering to anyone, making simple things much harder, and everyone had just better get over it or gtfo if they want to complain that something is too hard.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Who exactly is carrying me?
Get over it

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
^^^^^^^^^^
Gods/divine beings are historically super heavy for various reasons (Mars, Atlas, Bhudda). pretty sure there is not much could carry the immense weight of our lord Kainzo.

How about, instead of increasing xp for creepers (not a good idea, we will all farm them and then the one shot fest will be more annoying) the plugin was slightly tweaked to give a higher chance of coin/more $ when killing a creeper? This reward is more in balance with the risk that you take, but doesnt make the server any less hardcore.

Some of you will say that coin (in small amounts from mobs) is worthless. Not to those new players who might want that extra boost and who get raped by skeletons and slimes anyways!

Buff creepers, and if at all possible, add charged ones. More thunderstorms?

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
@whitekong512, @Dredrikith, and myself had a very good idea today - what if mobs had different stats between Dragongarde and Warshard, similarly to how other MMO's have zones?

For example, a zombie in Dragongarde, when killed, awards 20 experience and one coin, but does reduced damage and has a lower health pool than they currently do. In Warshard, however, they have a larger health pool and do more damage per hit, but award a lot more experience and more money?

This would do a lot of things for the server.

1) It would make it easier for low-level unspecced players to level up and get a bit of money from mob farming, but not so much so that there isn't a challenge. This would also eliminate leeching from Mob Arenas as the most efficient way for low-level players to gain experience early in their career, which is something that a lot of players often complain about.

2) This would bring a lot more people to Warshard. Not only would people go there to mine a fresh area or to kill those who are returning from mining, but they would also go there to kill mobs and gain more experience and money than they normally would in Dragongarde. However, this comes with a much larger risk for that reward; the smaller size of Warshard would increase the chance of running into a fellow player mob farming, and the chance of dying to a more powerful mob would also be larger.

Thoughts?

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
@whitekong512, @Dredrikith, and myself had a very good idea today - what if mobs had different stats between Dragongarde and Warshard, similarly to how other MMO's have zones?

For example, a zombie in Dragongarde, when killed, awards 20 experience and one coin, but does reduced damage and has a lower health pool than they currently do. In Warshard, however, they have a larger health pool and do more damage per hit, but award a lot more experience and more money?

This would do a lot of things for the server.

1) It would make it easier for low-level unspecced players to level up and get a bit of money from mob farming, but not so much so that there isn't a challenge. This would also eliminate leeching from Mob Arenas as the most efficient way for low-level players to gain experience early in their career, which is something that a lot of players often complain about.

2) This would bring a lot more people to Warshard. Not only would people go there to mine a fresh area or to kill those who are returning from mining, but they would also go there to kill mobs and gain more experience and money than they normally would in Dragongarde. However, this comes with a much larger risk for that reward; the smaller size of Warshard would increase the chance of running into a fellow player mob farming, and the chance of dying to a more powerful mob would also be larger.

Thoughts?
my god. such an amazing idea.