• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Creativity

Thanks guys. Seriously. :)

@ajentjwall:
As annoying as this advice can sound, it's all about practice, practice, practice.
...Well, okay: so reading untold amounts of art books in B&N/Borders without paying for a single one helped a ton as well. :p

Although I dont have any art to post like Hipposhatewater, I do have this. Its just a small piece from a book im writing called "The Tales of Aleria" (NOTICE: main charecter uses same name as my in game name just an FYI)

Looking out across the expansive plain from the ramparts of Kyoshi, Keji sated at the slowly sinking sun. It seemed to hang almost longingly just above the horizon, inching ever slowly downward as if pulled by an unseen force. A small breeze swept lazily across the plain, rustling the tall grass just outside the city gates, and bringing a fresh memory of his childhood, that of romping through that same grass with his friend Kimeru. They had only gone out a short distance before Kimeru tackled him, sending both of them toppling to the ground in a fit of laughter, rolling down the gently sloping hill.
Shaking his head to bring himself back to the world, Keji caught a last glimpse of the sun as it sank beneath the horison leaving soft tints of red across the clouds that drifted overhead. Standing up, Keji, a young swordsman of about twenty years, took one last look out over the plains as the light slowly faded from the sky his blade, an ornate katana, clinking gently against the chainmail he wore underneath his dark red hakama. Even though he had seen this same sunset countless times, he couldnt shake the feeling of uneasiness that had plagued his entire being that day. Shaking his head, he began to turn, but frose when he caught sight of a small flickering flame a short distance away. As he watched more flames appeared, gathering into a massive host of fire, strange glints appearing as the flames began to move in unison, the host of men slowly approaching the walls of the small town. Already he knew that the town had fallen, the assaulting army far too large for the towns few defenders to drive away, and yet Keji felt the familiar grip of his katana in his hand. Raising the blade, he pressed his palm upon the small red crystal imbedded on the hilt of the blade, and watched as small flames seemed to trickle along the blade, slowly igniting it as its power was released. Turning back to the enemy army, determination blazing in his eyes, Keji stared at the lines of men and whispered," So you will attack the town I defend?.... So be it... Come and know the true power of a Phoenix Knight."

well i think i could do better... and in order to explain how id have to explain ALL of what ive come up with and thats like a minimum of 30 pages worth of material.... Books take a lot of planning T.T

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
ShaddyCreative.png

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
Unfotuantly the Internet killed whatever creativity I had left in me. Now it's all just plagiarism e_e

Ok then. 1st lets start with how magic works lol. In the world me and my friends created, magic isnt simply cast using mana, instead we took a spin on it forcing the charecters to use crystals as foci for their powers. These crystals come in varying strengths, abilities, and sizes depending upon its power and ability, and no two crystals are alike. Also each crystal boosts the physical attributes of its wielder, meaning that if one is strong, they become stronger, or if they run faster than most, they run at extreme speeds. My charecter wields two separate crystals, one imbedded in the hilt of his sword that he uses to superheat the blade. This allows him to cut through heavy armour as if it werent there, making him the antitank unit of the small group. His second crystal allows him to remotely manipulate heat and fire from a distance, meaning he can counter many types of magic. (freezes water, destablizes air, immunity to fire) He is extremely light armoured wearing only chainmail armour. Unlike the others, his primary defense is his evasiveness and speed, and he relies more upon his skill with a blade to bring down tough opponents.

I may post a bit more later, but i need to get back to the server now :)

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I should see if I can get some of my stuff up on this... I'll either see if my dad will finally hook up the scanner, or take pics w/ my horrid cell phone camera. People say I'm extraordinary, but I'm not -that- good.