• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Couch's Master List to Balance All Classes

Avoir

Obsidian
Dread knight is not in a bad spot at all. Have you even really played dread knight at all? Right now, Dreadknight beats paladin in a 1v1(even if the paladin uses lay hands, the Dreadknight can still sustain itself to kill the paladin after he lay hands on himself or get him to yellow at least.

I feel like all players who think Shaman needs anymore major buffs or at least minor buffs obviously do not know how to play Shaman or not knowledgeable about it. I've been playing Shaman for a while now, and I can say that I know a lot about the class and I am pretty good with it. More than anything, Shaman needs a nerf to reduce its knock back capabilities from its skills.

I'm with white on this one, dreadknight is probably the strongest class at the moment due to the fact that it is crazy tanky,it has amazing damage and healing abilities, it does not in any way need a buff.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Dread knight is not in a bad spot at all. Have you even really played dread knight at all? Right now, Dreadknight beats paladin in a 1v1(even if the paladin uses lay hands, the Dreadknight can still sustain itself to kill the paladin after he lay hands on himself or get him to yellow at least.

I feel like all players who think Shaman needs anymore major buffs or at least minor buffs obviously do not know how to play Shaman or not knowledgeable about it. I've been playing Shaman for a while now, and I can say that I know a lot about the class and I am pretty good with it. More than anything, Shaman needs a nerf to reduce its knock back capabilities from its skills.
I guess the reason I think Dreadknight is in a bad spot is because it's not what I'm used to, nor is it what any of the incredibly old players who have always played Dreadknight are used to. It's always been less tanky than pally, with way more damage. It's magical skills don't seem to do as much as they used to either. Most likely just me being stuck in the past.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Warrior
  • Berserker - Don't know too much about this class to comment on this.
  • Paladin - I'm pretty sure horse speed and jump power are random whenever a horse is spawned. Why HolyAura? It isn't even one of Paladin's main big spells that stand out. In my opinion, Layhands needs to have a warmup of 'X' seconds and only heal 50% hp if cast on self.
  • Dreadknight - No. Dreadknight does not need more intellect, in fact it gets most of its sustain from having more intellect. I do not have a proper suggestion to make Dreadknight less powerful, but I disagree with what you suggested.
  • Dragoon - It is in a decent spot, but I would say nerf lunar lance by increasing its cool down.

Rogue
  • Ninja - I don't know too much about this class.
  • Ranger - No. Ranger does not need another armor penetrating skill, it already has AimedShot. If you are really a good ranger, then you should be able to kill or at least deal damage to tanks.
  • Runeblade - Has a bit of mana issues.
  • Bard - Needs QOL changes, make it so the duration of Warsong and Manasong has the same or around the same duration and cool down with each other.
Caster
  • Wizard - Does not need anymore changes, it is in a good spot right now in my opinion.
  • Necromancer - I don't know too much about this class.
  • Beguiler - Address its mana issues.
  • Shaman - No. It already has Slowness 4 with a range of 20 blocks and reduces Agility by 20. Does not need any changes other than make it so Shockingstrike and Earthernfury deal magical damage rather than physical damage.
  • Pyromancer - Why decrease its damage more? I posted a Pyromancer suggestion instead: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pyromancer.55738/

WILL POST MORE ABOUT THE HEALER CLASSES, GOTTA EAT FIRST.
Fix your numbers on paladin.
Layhands isn't a fullheal so nerfing it to 50% wouldn't change much. Plus Kain has stated multiple times its like harmtouch it is supposed to be strong since it has a 15 minute cd. I can agree with the warmup though.

All these suggestions towards paladin aren't addressing the actual issues with them.

First off Paladin is OP as fuck we all know it

Absolution and its Constitution are the two things that need to be nerfed NOT holy aura or layhands. The amount of power they have to lock down a target and tank 4 people and stay in decent health is the ridiculous part. Layhands doesn't contribute to that. Kiting with absolution does.

Going back to Bastion paladin and removing the heavy tanking potential it has and compensating them with more damage again would be the best way to go with the class in my opinion. It was a playstyle a lot of people really enjoyed

macura

Diamond
EDIT: In spite of my retardation, after further thought I have realized this should probably be in "Heroes Balance Area" so if a mod wants to move it over feel free.

Shaman - Engulfing totem should give negative jump boost to lock players to ground and better the slow.
Remember when wizard's root used to lock people to the ground as well as slow the hell out of them. People could just mash space bar and scoot around, negating the cc. Idk if adding a lesser negative just boost would not have the same problem, but that has been a problem in the past.