• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Consolidate the 9 Professions into 3.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
BLAH BLAH BLAH you guys are all whining, sorry to say.

These ideas of his are probably still in the basic stage and I'm sure he doesn't expect Kain to implement them ALL or even in the fashion he laid out. Arguing about this is like saying a game in BETA testing is bad, well how can an unfinished piece of work be bad? Is your half-built house bad? No, its unfinished, unfinalized. So my suggestion to all of you is to keep criticizing to a constructive level.

(Mind you I skipped over a lot, at this point I'm just assuming its an all-out "NO I'M RIGHT" "NO, I'm RIGHT")

Regardless keep that in mind.
First off, you don't need special building skills to make something that looks attractive. If the builders really wanted to build, and not PvP, then they'd go mine, get blocks, and build. They don't need skills. If they wanted to make more sophisticated, with hidden designs, such as lifts, traps and automatic farms, then sure, they'll need skills; but the main building aspect of Minecraft is still there, available for nearly anyone. Building skills just restrict what the Heroes plug-in has given us, not legit MC.

So.. when you say people look at the stuff WE build, and you see a lack of stuff we've built, then don't blame skills. Blame the lack of people who build shit with BLOCKS! :p Since Sanctum, there have been less architects and more PvPers. Go promote the construction of better looking towns if you want to see more epic things around the map.. :)

I build tons of shit, with blocks, and not skills. And guess what, it looks great! :D I already have a design, made by me, ready to be implimented into a town! ;) By the way, it uses no profession skills. Just blocks (though stuff like lifts/bridges/gates may be added for defence/convinence later).

IN AN EPIC CONCLUSION:
You don't need skills to build something amazing. Work together with other players to get things done. If you want fancy stuff in your house, call in a mason/engineer to hook you up! :D That's what multiplayer is all about.
Just in case I wasn't noticed.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
You can't possibly be so blind as to believe that builders can mine, get blocks, and build without being hunted? (This is the reason we have professions aswell as combat classes) I know that you've had a blast hunting down peaceful builders, so really. When? I've done peaceful building too. Plus, when i'm attacked, I don't bitch and complain. I wait it out and build later/something else. Or, I train my combat class and fight back. Don't feign naivete. You're smarter than that.

I used to get killed all the time doing my build-and-don't-PvP thing. Poor me, I got killed all the time. Now, I go out to mine in full diamond armor and specced and enchanted out the wazoo. People see me and walk the other way. I'm not the best PvPer on the server by far, but at least 80% of would-be murderers and thieves are scared away by my appearance alone. What's your point?

I've been forced into PvP. So have all builders. Hell, even when we're building stuff for the server, we architects don't go out unless we're in full armor. That's pretty sad. This isn't a PvP server, nor is it a building server. It's a mix, which is why you have to try and do something to defend yourself. Whether that is get a friend to help you (i've done this before, many times), or to build quickly and efficiently without being seen.

Actually, legit MC allows all players to use pistons and repeaters, which would enhance what all builders are able to do. Building skills restrict legit MC, while they enhance Heroes. So I fixed the above quote for you, to make it correct. ;) Giant trees, huge castles, a desert city, floating islands... just to name a few, are all buildings/structures that do not require pistons. I KNOW that lifts, bridges, pistons, ect, are things which can make a design more efficient/complex, but restricting these abilities doesn't prevent someone from building a giant tree.. castle.. ect. If you WANT pistons, lifts, ect, then go to /ch t and get some. That's what the economy is for. In addition to that, can you tell me some other blocks that are restricted to certain professions? Also, I thought this was hardcore, arn't restrictions (block wise) desired?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
victim130 I'm not going to wait until Libra has ''finished'' the idea. The whole thread went dead prior to when Bluejack posted here. Libra hasn't shown any intention to change his ideas. His main goal is already set in stone: 3 professions instead of 9. I do not think this is a good/neccessary idea.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
When a large part of the community "bitches," there just might be a legitimate problem.
Which is why we moved to this new system thus allowing you guys to defend yourselves...
Failing to see the problem here.

bluejack404

Jack of Lapis
Legacy Supporter 8
Which is why we moved to this new system thus allowing you guys to defend yourselves...
Failing to see the problem here.
Nah. It's great. I just didn't like you calling a legitimate complaint "bitching." It sort of delegitimizes the concerns of a valuable part of the community.

It's the same way when builders complain that they can't get into regioned towns because of giant walls. I like that those are illegal now. I don't know what Newerth would do without Alex and Flip. :(

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Nah. It's great. I just didn't like you calling a legitimate complaint "bitching." It sort of delegitimizes the concerns of a valuable part of the community.

It's the same way when builders complain that they can't get into regioned towns because of giant walls. I like that those are illegal now. I don't know what Newerth would do without Alex and Flip. :(
I'm not saying it wasn't legitimate complaining but it was irritating to hear constantly lol

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I sorta like it. The only thing I think is that the lvl cap should be increased. The only thing I dont like about it is that it would be too large a change....