• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Concerns from the Community

c12095

Holy Shit!
As most of you know I am taking lead of the Herocraft Balance Team, this means that I will be overseeing most of the test done to balance the classes of Herocraft. The Balance Team is slowly being put together and we have already begun testing on classes, but I have a question for the community.

My question for all the members of the community is simple, what class or classes do you feel should be looked at? I spend a lot of time on the forums reading suggestion threads and I spend even more time in game seeing how classes are played, but I know I won't recognize everything that might need checked into. So feel free to post anything on here that you think should be checked into and I will do my best to reply, or go test it and come back with my findings.

*For Clarification*
We are here to fine tune what is already in place. Which means this is about current skills, health, damage, ect. This is not a place to suggest new skills or anything along those lines.

I wont say any classes in particular, just don't make the game rock paper scissors.... Its boring and horrifying to play.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Can rogues please be left with at least 1 hp when hit by a creeper? Just going NEAR one is a death sentence. Its madness (and Sparta) It makes leveling next to impossible with pvpers running around.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Can rogues please be left with at least 1 hp when hit by a creeper? Just going NEAR one is a death sentence. Its madness (and Sparta) It makes leveling next to impossible with pvpers running around.

With the health pools increasing with level that problem will vanish eventually. Creepers will always hurt, but you have to choose your battles wisely :p

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
I think the poison for the necromancers needs a bit longer of a cool down because when I was getting attacked by a necromancer earlier as soon as the ticks ended it was being casted right back on me. I don't know if the cd is supposed to be longer or what. Any thoughts?

After a little more research the CD is 5 secs but the time it takes for the poisin to finish is about 4-5 secs.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Can we work on Bloodmage?
I know what a Wizard is supposed to do, and a Dragoon and a Cleric and a Ninja, but I'm not sure what Bloodmages are supposed to do. Therefore I don't know if they're doing it well with the abilities they're given, which opes wide the floodgates for complaints that they're broken or useless. Clearly defining what a BM is supposed to do and how, and then refitting it to do that well, would really help the class out.

Also fixing Taunt so that it actually attracts and keeps the attention of mobs would be great for Paladins. Maybe having it affect enemy players would be good too?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I'm probably going to get hate for this but due to the recent wizard changes with icebolt instead of bolt are useless at low levels. Icebolts snowball range isnt the best range and a LOT of people rage quit wizard and respecced due to these changes. Look at the Wizard Nerf topic for everything

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7

Also as leather prices decrease you should be able to start affording armor :)

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm probably going to get hate for this but due to the recent wizard changes with icebolt instead of bolt are useless at low levels. Icebolts snowball range isnt the best range and a LOT of people rage quit wizard and respecced due to these changes. Look at the Wizard Nerf topic for everything

If you do decide to increase bolt damage i vote that it gets moved back to the 40~60 range. Having it at level 10 was just too much.

Torod

Glowstone
I would appreciate if you could take a look at Runeblades. Below level 10 they got lower damage with their diamond sword than rouges with a iron sword, and they have less abilities than rouges too.

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
I would appreciate if you could take a look at Runeblades. Below level 10 they got lower damage with their diamond sword than rouges with a iron sword, and they have less abilities than rouges too.

10 levels shouldn't be that big of a deal :/ and all specs do less damage at level 1 than the path at 30

Joka10

Soulsand
Due to damage scaling with leveling, Ninja does massive melee damage once it's a high level. The damage is so high it's unrealistic (full health warriors dead in two hits, a bloodmage in three, and a paladin (75% health, armor) in four). I would like to see that scaled down a little, if possible...

Joka10

Soulsand
Ninjas only do 120dmg at level 60... I doubt that a warrior only has 240hp.
Warriors have around 640 HP. It's a two-shot anyway though. Perhaps skills are combined with those two hits, but it is essentially instant death for unspecs.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I've never two-shot anyone. ;o

Wizard needs to be looked at... Root-Fireball-Icebolt-Fireball-Dead.

Joka10

Soulsand
Garry has many times... granted, he's a much higher level than anyone else, but he is still doing much more damage with that level than I should think reasonable. When more Ninjas start mastering, if this isn't toned down a little bit, I think there will be many more complaints.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Sorry I haven't been replying to you all, the test server is set to No-PvP for some reason so it makes it a little bit hard to check all these damages out :/

milkmeister

Legacy Supporter 6
Farmer is way too hard to level. It's the only career that doesn't get mining experience. The only way to level it is to either chop thousands of trees down, hit wild grass, farm wheat and breed animals. While there are multiple ways to level farmer, none of them are anywhere near as effective, or as easy as mining.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Farmer is way too hard to level. It's the only career that doesn't get mining experience. The only way to level it is to either chop thousands of trees down, hit wild grass, farm wheat and breed animals. While there are multiple ways to level farmer, none of them are anywhere near as effective, or as easy as mining.
Top Tip: Sheep are the KEY... ask leeness