• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Community ran PvP tourney?

Should i try do a community ran PvP tourney?

• Yea, it would be cool.

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • No, it will be a waste of time.

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
I can help with promotion, I would love to see something like this go big :p I would also lend my skills to defending, but alas, I would want to enter! Why not ask gabizou or Danda to lend their Zo powers?
Sure go ahead and help with promotion :) The more entering teams the better. You may want to wait for the official tread to go up first though (Will release it tomorrow). Also maybe Dielan9999 could help with promoting this?
Anyway i will do my bit and bump the MCF with it :)

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Not to be a negative Nancy, but I'd be really surprised if this all went according to plan without a hitch.

All the same, good luck with it.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Events never go fully according to plan. There will always be assholes who try to ruin it for everyone.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
UltimateOptics Just gonna throw it out there, you may want to make sure that there are at least 5 teams willing to compete before you set this up. You've had around 5 people reply to the thread which is only one team. I'd maybe hold people from building arenas until you're completely sure you can get the running.

I can see a lot of problems with this but good luck anyway :)

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
UltimateOptics Just gonna throw it out there, you may want to make sure that there are at least 5 teams willing to compete before you set this up. You've had around 5 people reply to the thread which is only one team. I'd maybe hold people from building arenas until you're completely sure you can get the running.

I can see a lot of problems with this but good luck anyway :)
The thread has been alive for just over 12 hours, and it started out as a question. There is clearly a niche for this event and by the time that official planning starts, there will also be adverts for the event.

Give it time.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
The best part about a community ran tournament is that it is RPG!

A group of raiders can crash the tourney, you can bring your best enchanted armor that's been collecting dust in your LWC, and people will leave their homes to go WATCH the tournament.

It should be done near a graveyard. Someone should build a Colosseum.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Just pointing out a few flaws in your current plan and possible events that could cause issues.
  1. With multiple arenas you have either a huge travel time between fights or you need more than 2 wizards.
  2. People will be able to use group teleport to port in extra members or "resurrect" a player.
The best part about a community ran tournament is that it is RP!

fixed terminology :p
Events never go fully according to plan. There will always be assholes who try to ruin it for everyone.

Just look at the abysmal failure that was my assassination event in Dragonguarde.

Ugh... 4 or 8 teams, please. Anything else is pretty unfair because it's a draw of the hat on who gets to get a Bye in the first round.

Well if it does end up as other numbers I can do the draw for the bracket as I'm probably the most unbiased here.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
Just let me know what you need Ultimate. FairMount would be happy to host. I also like the idea of having different towns setting up arena's too. We could have a league! hah

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Just pointing out a few flaws in your current plan and possible events that could cause issues.
  1. With multiple arenas you have either a huge travel time between fights or you need more than 2 wizards.
  2. People will be able to use group teleport to port in extra members or "resurrect" a player.

Just look at the abysmal failure that was my assassination event in Dragonguarde.

Well if it does end up as other numbers I can do the draw for the bracket as I'm probably the most unbiased here.
We have the wizard thing set I believe. The plan is to DQ any team that cheats in any way, shape, or form.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, people can come kill us, but if they are not registered, they get nothing, if they cheat, they get nothing, killing us won't yield any money :p

Darkwerty

Legacy Supporter 8
Woop Woop Woop Finaly a tournament!!! Just a qeustion do you have to be a town? or can it just be a group of friends that join each other in the tournement?

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7

1. I am thinking of spreading out the tourney into a few weeks (Depending on how many teams enter) and there will be a battle every 2 days in a different place but at the same time.

2. Two wizards will keep in the teams party at the time of the fight to monitor who is dead etc. If anyone is caught doing this there team will be disqualified.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Also we need to find a way to fit spectators in and decide how we will make it safe for the battles and also enforce no-pvp while watching.

It may come to having to watch the battle via stream but i'm not sure yet.