• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Class/Profession Bonuses

Colonel Rick

Legacy Supporter 7
Would it be possible for classes and/or professions to give out a bonus skill for either being used in conjunction with one another or be given a skill to keep after the class/profession is mastered(maybe keep it to one skill that can be kept and be predetermined to keep from breaking the classes)?

I hate to reference other games, but I like the class/sub-class system that was used in the first Guild Wars. It was well thought out for the original classes, and in Herocraft's case, it would add a degree of uniqueness to everyone's characters.

Examples I'm thinking of are things like former Merchants can continue to use Enderchests or talk to Villagers. While former Warriors can still use disarm and former Rogues can still use bows at reduced damage.

On the other side a Healer/Farmer could get the added ability to heal mobs or a Warrior/Smith could have a greater chance to repair swords without disenchanting them, or just engrave swords for 1 Emerald instead of 3. Just something extra to make the game build on itself a bit and give players a reason to change up classes and whatnot.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
So... if someone plays every combat spec, they have about 15 more combat skills on their newest class. Even if its just the skill 1 class you played before, I think it would make things a bit unbalanced.

kjoseph98

TNT
I like the idea, but MultiHeart is right, it might make the game a little more unbalanced. Maybe if you mastered a rogue class spec and started another spec for rogue, then you would keep a skill from that spec. But if you have a warrior casting fireballs, you can imagine that might be a little too much to try to balance.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
The idea, was to allow you to have ONE, only one extra skill.
Still, if you get to choose what skill you get, you can have Invuln Wizards, Accelerando Necromancers, Layhands Dreadknights, Bolt Paladins, SuperJump Clerics (complete heals mid-air), and all sorts of interestingly broken combinations. Even if its some pre-decided one, it would take a lot of unnecessary balancing, and would also seem a bit weird lore-wise.

Colonel Rick

Legacy Supporter 7
I definitely said given a skill. I mostly think passive skills should be the only ones given.

Colonel Rick

Legacy Supporter 7
Obviously, it'd take time to implement. And I was thinking more for RPG experience, not nasty combos of Paladins having fireballs. I was more leaning to the former Merchants being able to use Enderchests or Former Paladins being able to Lay on Hands at an increased cooldown or some such.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Obviously, it'd take time to implement. And I was thinking more for RPG experience, not nasty combos of Paladins having fireballs. I was more leaning to the former Merchants being able to use Enderchests or Former Paladins being able to Lay on Hands at an increased cooldown or some such.

1. Um but wait Paladin with Fireball is ridiculous but keeping Lay Hands after leaving pally ISN'T ?

2. Professions have a variety of abilities to ensure that people have unique abilities, creating demand for their: pistons, leather, enchants, etc. Merging professions even slightly seems a poor direction. I could see utility skills like Forage, Gills, etc. carry over, but not every class has utility skills, and even those combos could, as others have said, be difficult to balance.

Colonel Rick

Legacy Supporter 7
I understand it would be hard. It was just something to look at. Maybe it'll spurn more ideas that people like down the road.