• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Class] Pokemon Trainer/Beast Tamer

Is this a good idea for a new class?

• Total voters

dan22122

Iron
My idea is a Pokémon Trainer, Beast Tamer class

This class would be a way to truly take advantage of the mobs in the environment, that creeper that was going to kill you, is now going to be used against your opponent in your next fight against another player. Your team is in a dungeon? Have a skill that attracts all mobs to you for enough time for your allies to heal! And if there is enough coding, maybe catch a mob once, and instead of leveling your skills more, you need to level that mob more so it has more skills when it's fighting that next tough opponent! This class idea has so many expendable ways to truly unleash the power hidden within the mobs that are in the environment around you. From training a simple chicken to kill creepers, to unleashing the ultimate power of a Wither at your command. My recommendations is that you must kill the specified mob you want to fight with a specified amount of times (Unless you want to make it that you must kill the Wither 50-100 times to be able to summon its power into combat while the others mobs might have 5-10 to balance it out slightly) Due to the power this class may have, I would recommend all leather armor, and maybe fists to fight with, only because it should get its strength from the mobs it controls, not from itself. The class would have the generic leveling system, better mobs to fight with would be unlocked with the certain mobs killed system, and also the leveling system. (EX: I'm a level 10 Beast Tamer so, I can use a pig to fight, but I cant use a cow.) And there might be level limitations to what level the mob you use can go up to, so, based on your current level is the maximum level your Mob is. I do know that this idea was not professionally developed, or demonstrated through text, but I do appreciate your time for reading this. :)

Deaky04

TNT
Deaky04, come on out!
I think this would be cool, and I have some idea for some special mob powers:
Chicken: Lerooooooy Jenkins 5% chance of a 200 damage attack
Cow: Removes all potion (negative and positive) effects around the cow
Wither: Corspe. 5% chance to inflict doom status ( instant death if it has wither effect)
Overall, I can see potential in this class! Deaky04, return!
Edit: Deaky04, your foe is weak!
Maybe different types? (Ex pig type beats chicken type)
Deaky04, Come back!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
There was once a class called beastmaster, although it was removed. I would rather just have some skills have certain animation type things done to them such as how plaguebomb was a sheep.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
As cool as this is, I'm 99.9% sure that you can't alter Minecraft code to work quite that way without breaking SOMETHING. I know of a few pet mob plugins but they are so useless it hurts, and this is kind of the reason necromancer isn't really a necromancer. Whenever it summoned a mob, it just turned right around and attacked the nearest player.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
As cool as this is, I'm 99.9% sure that you can't alter Minecraft code to work quite that way without breaking SOMETHING. I know of a few pet mob plugins but they are so useless it hurts, and this is kind of the reason necromancer isn't really a necromancer. Whenever it summoned a mob, it just turned right around and attacked the nearest player.
And it would create more lag, that's why skills like plaguebomb were cool :p

dan22122

Iron
There is hope, after all, there are new plugins made daily for different things

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
There is hope, after all, there are new plugins made daily for different things
Unless someone figures out how to decide the mob ai (we used to have custom skeletons for necro iirc) and have it not break as it did when MC update the AI.....

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Kind of why totems are so damn cool, if they could move they would be like a custom mob. Think of one of the dragon in TD, but alive. hitting it causes the blocks to take damage, and the damage is divided to different blocks nearby as part of, say, a leg. Deal ~2000 damage to the leg overall (while avoiding stomp AOEs) and it kneels and you could hit the head with melee. Feel like it would cause a lot of lag but it would be cool as fuck...

event team, get on this. NOW. please ;_;