• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Class] Pacifist Class

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
People say go far away from others and stay off others radars. I did this. I went to the far reaches of the map so that I could raise my crafter skill by mining in a safe secluded area mining in the bottom layers. What happens? There were less than 30 people online at the time and I get singled out from probably a bored ranger that chose me to go after. I was thinking about donating to the server to get some of the tier rewards but after that happened, I'll probably never be back on.
There's no real way to stay completely off the radar. A bored ranger can just use /who to see who's online, /hero whois to see how powerful you are, /town who to see if they'll piss off anyone by attacking you, then track the hell out of you.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
There's no real way to stay completely off the radar. A bored ranger can just use /who to see who's online, /hero whois to see how powerful you are, /town who to see if they'll piss off anyone by attacking you, then track the hell out of you.
Play a class that can completely counter Ranger and get on maxed levels, and bored Rangers wont bother going after you. They usually search for unspecced people first.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Play a class that can completely counter Ranger and get on maxed levels, and bored Rangers wont bother going after you. They usually search for unspecced people first.
Very true. So basically, to stay safe, PvE till you hit max level in a spec class, then find an out of the way location so random people walking around won't see you. Rangers won't bother with you if you're max level, so you can finally have a bit of peace... For a while at any rate.

A pacifist class would be very unique and cool, but what skills would it have? It can't have anything to heal an ally or harm an enemy... so it would all have to be focused on the player himself with no ability to hurt anything but mobs.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
A pacifist class would be very unique and cool, but what skills would it have? It can't have anything to heal an ally or harm an enemy... so it would all have to be focused on the player himself with no ability to hurt anything but mobs.
This thread is pretty old, lol.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
WELL guys Kainzo heard your plea and he made a NON- PVP world for noobs to go prance around and level!
GET GOOD SON!

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
WELL guys Kainzo heard your plea and he made a NON- PVP world for noobs to go prance around and level!
GET GOOD SON!
Not just noobs, son.

But sadly I find Shrine to be unplayable. A 1500 block trek across that terrain took me 20 minutes or more, by which time my items had despawned. The two creepers awaiting me when I arrived were just extra notes in the death-knell chorus of my enthusiasm for playing that server.

I'd be interested to see the objectives list in setting up Shrine to check how it is or isn't meeting them. I've been meaning to check, but my hunch is that player numbers will show it's not appealing to the community as an alternative playground.