• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] Seagate [26] [Neutral]

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
RE: [City] Seagate [24] [Neutral]

The rings are round but the region is a square. The region has to be a square, but a giant square in the sky looks like crap. And round walls encompass less space, not take up more.

I can show u a round wall town to prove my point if need be

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6

Matt5327 said:
Quick point--round walls take LESS space than square, not more. Remember that townships themselves are round. Therefore a wall, at any point, needs to be about 4 or 5 blocks within that space. If the corners are this 4-5 blocks, then the square ends up cutting out a lot. A circle 4-5 blocks away all the way around, however, is far more spacious.

But Stronghold makes the decisions here, so...

Thus illistrating my point more. Square walls give the city MORE room, cirular ones provide LESS. No one has complained about having square walls (like most cities do) so we don't have any reason to change it

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5

FYI

Per Kainzo's Monthly Meeting two months ago.

All town regions may NOT be square, and must be in fact, polygonial. The current rules clearly state this.

That being said.

Nobody is gonna give a crap if SeaGate has square regions. They are meerly frowned upon, depending on who you talk to.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3

Mathematics illustrates my argument the best.

Givens:
A town/city ring has area r. For safety reasons, we place the furthest part of a wall, whatever shape, as r-4. Nobody is able to jump 4 blocks.

A square wall. The furthest out is the corner, so we have an angled segment of r-4. Splitting a square in four triangles produces triangles that are right isosceles, and therefore the side of the square is the hypotenuse. We can find this with the Pythagorean theorem. If r-4=n, then we have sqrt(2n^2)^2 as our final area.

A circle is much simpler. With this wall, we simply have wall radius n. So pi(n)^2.

pi(n)^2 > sqrt(2n^2)^2

Therefore…

Punisher79

Legacy Supporter 5

LOL, OK OK!

We believe you!

Stop with the math! My head is gonna explode .... sssssssss

Rane

Stone

I have failed the battle to stop this town from forming..... oh well ;). At least I'm still #1 on the KoS list >:D

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3

I'm actually somewhat surprised that being banned from the server doesn't ban you from the forum as well.

But he brings up a good point--he can't actually play Herocraft anymore, so why is he on the KoS list?

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6

Rane said:
I have failed the battle to stop this town from forming..... oh well ;). At least I'm still #1 on the KoS list >:D

We're going strong GET IT?????
Nice try though - You taught me a lot of lessons like 'Ducebaggery never wins' and 'Don't take shit from anyone, or anyone with Rane in their name'

Now that I've made a name for myself, I'd honestly like to beat the shit out of you for all the times you tried to kill me and succeded.

And Yeah, I don't want anything with anyone who is in some distant way related to you, besides I felt obligated to put your name on the KOS list

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3

No idea how you got this, but pretty brilliant.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6

Matt5327 said:
No idea how you got this, but pretty brilliant.

Yup, We din't even have to make her do anything - she just hopped up on the pole and went to work. Shes a natural

Punisher79

Legacy Supporter 5

Yeah, but what we all wanna know is...

Did she keep her headphones on? ;)

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6

Punisher79 said:
Yeah, but what we all wanna know is...

Did she keep her headphones on? ;)

She has shows tuedays, thrusdays, and saturdays, come and find out!

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6

Please note that I built everything BUT the pole. That was strongs doing and I am in noway responsible for this. I will sell bread and cake at all shows though. :p

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3

I think this is the point where one can accurately assess that we have no lives.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3

Some mythical place or something. Probably like hell, I hear there's no internets.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3

Putting this out there--if there are people NOT on our KOS list, and are around for adventuring/exploring purposes, even if not from other towns/kingdoms with whom we have treaties, they can be let in, correct? (And from there stolen items are the faults of the item owners, but I'm pretty sure we're all good on that anyway)

Ran into some explorers From KoE, that's why I'm wondering.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3

The new Gate of Seagate is complete! Check it out today!

Things yet to do for gate: (Red=not started, Green=Done, Yellow=started)
- Redstone wiring for new gate
- removal of old gate once redstone wiring is complete (for security reasons)
- The Seagate Road to the main West Sanctum Road needs to be widened one block to the south
- The general area around the gate needs to be half-blockified and spruced up
- The northern wall is far taller than it needs to be, looks incompatible with gate until shortened

Also:
- New Northern and Southern Gates (much smaller than the west gate, check back the forum to see)
- Eastern Boathouse - I put a sign near a potential location

The cutting down of the northern wall (of size) should supply enough sandstone for the north and south gates (it requires very little). However, more sand/sandstone will need to be collected for the boathouse.

And don't forget the expansion project! It's a good way to collect sand/sandstone!

EDIT: And if anyone could offer an Iron Pick, I used all of my iron, and my pick broke on the gate. This would greatly speed up these chores (and allow resources to be collected and chores are completed).