• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] [Halvalor] [20] {Neutral}

Halvalor is currently NOT actively recruiting.

If you would like to be apart of Halvalor you can join our sister town right down the street from us, Valhalor!

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
so we exclusive now... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT BUILD THAT WALL!!

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
spent 9 hours on the wall today, sheesh prolly died 10 times from placing a block, walking on it, and it lagging into nothing then me falling.

I think i need to start outsourcing, like pay some dude in sri lanka 1 dollar an hour to mine for me lol

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i fell so much the other nite.. lost like 145 exp each time.. suuckkkked.. all for the great wall.. should be a shrine to those that "died"

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Losing 375 exp a fall here :) This wall-building thing is really a sacrifice for the town, hehe.

And I swear to J3sus if anyone tells me to hold shift to solve the problem..... hehe :)

First of all, thanks to everyone who has been contributing materials and smelting for the wall project. It's impossible to keep track of what everyone is doing, but it is definitely appreciated. Everyone's been really supportive of my design and our work on the wall, but I just wanted to recognize everyone's hard work.

Also, thanks for your patience. It is obviously taking a while, being such a huge project, and because I'm a little OCD I've had to delay work every now and then to fix issues. In the meantime, COVER YOUR CHESTS and protect your stuff while the construction is in progress---for obvious reasons...

If you want to help but have no idea what's going on in my head (design / building / etc), we have a lot of sand that needs smelting to glass then crafted into glass panes. We also continue to need coal for said smelting :)

Thanks!

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
most the sand been smelted and turned into panes, lastivity and i did that last night.
and aded more coal

wooot

and creeping or sneaking along the wall edge or that edge of glass dont help alot. you still fall to doom.. splat.. lol

MORE COAL

and yes this wall is epic awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FoR hAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you guys are just clumsy :rolleyes: heheh

I AM noticing who's doing what and putting effort into the wall, and your work will not go without a reward.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
vAMwU.png

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
hey what is the block radius across of our city?? anyone know?? like from new wall to new wall?

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
You're asking in the right place....heh.

The Snow City Region ring is exactly 201 blocks from edge to edge --- 100 blocks in all cardinal directions with a center block in the exact middle.

The New Wall doesn't have a finite radius, not being a circle - but from flat edge to flat edge it is exactly 185 blocks.

The Old Wall is a rectangle that is 141 x 143 blocks, for comparison.

More? This is fun :)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
yeah im trying to design a domed roof with a spit out of mats needed.. lol and trying to keep that sexy wall design throout... if we have one painted or made SEND ME IT !!!! now in new plots terms is it still 12x12 or see when we get there??

and since its a 16 sided polygon.. heh.... so 185 from side to side.. and need it domed.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmm

( math is NOT my strong or average or any point, im lucky i can add 1 and 1)
lol

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
because of the wall design where it is gonna go to map height with fence on top we won't need a ceiling because it will be impossible to get over

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
I have some thoughts on the roof...

First, a "dome" will be very difficult, because from the current top of the outer wall to the very top of the map there is only room for 9 blocks up.

I'm personally not extremely fond of the dome idea, but that is just my personal opinion - obviously doesn't mean we can't do it. I kinda like the natural view above, but that's just me.

I actually don't think we need a "roof" at all to be honest --- once we finish the wall design I think it will be virtually impossible to get over it. I have a design that from the current top of the wall, goes inward a few blocks, and then up several blocks - even if someone could manage to get to the outermost top portion of the wall, there would be no way for them to get up enough blocks to get over the inner small portion of the wall at the top (hope this makes sense).

Rather than just go straight up and stop, I have some ideas for making the top look nice - but haven't tried any yet. Obviously this can all be open for discussion.

Plots are still 12x12 for now, as far as I know, with possible option to 'purchase' additional room from J3sus.

I also propose that all construction in the new area be temporarily halted until we get wall completely up, old wall torn down, and the streets laid / layout organized as mentioned in kperk's previous post.

All just my thoughts :)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i agree.. i was tossing ideas out and now i think the top bit oh wall should be curved slightly.. with iron on top,.

the contruction thing i agree with again :p woot it would cut down on the hassle.. so lets stay on track.

i did notice the wall submissions area round nrth outside.. i think i can put up some veiwable top of wall bits.. so we can choose etc.. :p

if anyone else has some please put em up.

this is OUR town... RIDERS OF HAL !! MOUNT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!! we have a city to build ... !!