• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[City] [Halvalor] [20] {Neutral}

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
@Jinder745 posted a pm i had sent to stealth and him.

dude doesnt know how to freak TYPE text.....

1. hey,

I dont have anyhting against you guys, all four of you.
    I have never had a beef with you nor will I.

Things happened, yes, but overall what you choose to DO fromthis point is on you guys.

dont want you as enemies, you never did me wrong, i agree the situation in HAL was handled a bit rough...
    0a72c3a2.png

2. Jinder745Wood
    Thanks but we dident do siht...

3. PlasmaTNT
    Tier 6
    i have no idea what you did or didnt do.
    i am a town member not the higher officals etc. its should have been handled better.. i know that much.
    i still dont have beef with you or the others. weather you did or didnt do anyhting. heck man i raided with you .. :D
    0a72c3a2.png

4. Don't worry plasma, I don't hate you <3, I just hate the people who decided to spaz and kick us out of suspicion ._.

5. PlasmaTNT
    Tier 6
    yeah that is why when i seen it was you other nite i shouted FREINDLY !!! etc lol

town just aint the same with out you guys. lack of raiding, stuff to do. all we do is work on town and sit on butts... ugh..

if i ever see you i will not engage goes for shrimpy too. its was a bad 'trial'

if there were suspicions, it should have been handle by town officals, not mob/riot squad. holler let me know whats up or if you need anything , within reason lol :D
    0a72c3a2.png

6. Jinder745Wood
    Plasma your good with Hal go into meh house and get my goodies!

7. PlasmaTNT
    Tier 6
    they demoed your house and everyone elses after you left.. i am not sure what happened to all the stuff. i assume if they followed what they been doing, they sold it all and put it towards town.
    0a72c3a2.png

8. Whoa whoa whoa, isnt that considered griefing?

9. PlasmaTNT
    Tier 6
    not that i can tell. according to rules, once you violate them, its up to the town to decide how things are handled at that point. as long as it follows in guidelines with server rules. so basically if you break town rules, the town does have the right to lay claim to your stuff, unless you can work out a deal.
    0a72c3a2.png

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I'm so confused about everything in the past 2 pages. Plasma talking about zaspar and toad, but stealths name is popping up, and plasma posting and jinders name coming up.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
first. jinder posted private pm i had sent, then i posted the whole convo i had.(with jinder, stealth etc.)
lasti posted saying dont start drama lol

simple
:)

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
it seems I'm now a frightening cactus, ahhah whatever that means.

but my name doesn't sparkle like plasmas :(

he must be a vampire

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
when i see Frightening cactus makes me think of this
200px-Cactuar.jpg

WOOOOT

Sparkley names.......................

Katabolt

TNT
So lately I have been getting quite a few ideas to improve the town, so much that in fact no-one can keep track of them. That said, I have decided to post them all in one place where everyone can see them- here.

Soooo...

1: It would come to my attention that the sign on our bank says "First Bank of Halvalor", whereas it is actually the third. It almost sounds like I'm being an asshat saying this, but maybe we should change it to the latter :p

2: I have also noted that Zaspar and a few others have migrated to ValHalla. I have been wondering myself, what is going to happen tp their houses now? Regarding Zaspar's old house, I had the idea that we could add it to the presesnt town hall, which I think would look quite nice.

3: Now I cant say for anyone else here, but to me the top portion of the town hall (on top of the hill) looks rather out of place with the rest of it. I would suggest we remake it (again) so as to have it not out of sync with the rest.

4: Now moving on to the roads, which SERIOUSLY need maintenance or total re-construction. I mean really, why put leaves on a road? Firstly they are as easy as heck to break, and when that happens you can't replace them. Also the leaves change color throughout the various biomes Hal is situated in, which to me looks rather odd. Yet another thing I have to say is that we really need a streetlight design to place at regular intervals throughout the roads, as well as having a specific width for them.

5: This also regarding the roads, what if we named them all? I personally quite like the signs up on the road where Lasti Plas and JF live, and think it would be a very nice addition to do the same with all of them!

6: Okay, now looking at the square of flat land in the middle of town, what the heck are we going to do there? I don't have any ideas for it myself, and recall it being mentioned that a shopping center would occupy the area, but since then one has emerged elsewhere. I guess this is more of a question than a suggestion, but what are we going to put there??

More to be added as I acquire new ideas, that or remember the rest of them I've thought up of. In any case, here you go, and I hope you like my ideas!

1: It would come to my attention that the sign on our bank says "First Bank of Halvalor", whereas it is actually the third. It almost sounds like I'm being an asshat saying this, but maybe we should change it to the latter :p

2: I have also noted that Zaspar and a few others have migrated to ValHalla. I have been wondering myself, what is going to happen tp their houses now? Regarding Zaspar's old house, I had the idea that we could add it to the presesnt town hall, which I think would look quite nice.

3: Now I cant say for anyone else here, but to me the top portion of the town hall (on top of the hill) looks rather out of place with the rest of it. I would suggest we remake it (again) so as to have it not out of sync with the rest.

4: Now moving on to the roads, which SERIOUSLY need maintenance or total re-construction. I mean really, why put leaves on a road? Firstly they are as easy as heck to break, and when that happens you can't replace them. Also the leaves change color throughout the various biomes Hal is situated in, which to me looks rather odd. Yet another thing I have to say is that we really need a streetlight design to place at regular intervals throughout the roads, as well as having a specific width for them.

5: This also regarding the roads, what if we named them all? I personally quite like the signs up on the road where Lasti Plas and JF live, and think it would be a very nice addition to do the same with all of them!

6: Okay, now looking at the square of flat land in the middle of town, what the heck are we going to do there? I don't have any ideas for it myself, and recall it being mentioned that a shopping center would occupy the area, but since then one has emerged elsewhere. I guess this is more of a question than a suggestion, but what are we going to put there??

1. Hahah, that's kind of irrelevant. You never see a bank in real life that says "Fifty-Second Bank of America". :p

2. They are no longer citizens of Hal, but they are residents and since they're nice I'll let them keep their homes :). Zaspar may have to build a new one down the road depending how things turn out with that mountain though.

3. I know people think it looks weird and different. I personally really like it, because it represents what Hal is about. We aren't just a simple "build-a-square-building-and-put-a-roof-on-it" city. We want houses and town buildings to be obscure and amusing in a way. Now about location, no matter where we put town hall its purpose will still remain the same, which is to have a place to put rules so we can show newcomers. Even if it was in a more accessible place we still probably wouldn't use it much.

4. I agree with ya here, at first I thought the leaves in the middle was kinda cool and different. But now its just a pain when people "accidentally" break them :mad:. Talk to @sadikyo about the road design and I'm sure he would show you what we want our roads to look like, and then you can change them yourself @Katabolt . And yeah I do like the street light idea, Val has street lights and they look nice. Talk to an architect about this.

5. We might do this eventually.

6. Any suggestions for what we can do there? Right now its kinda nice and efficient to have a clear and open area so people can walk around freely, but its just not very attractive.

mdperk2

Legacy Supporter 3
So lately I have been getting quite a few ideas to improve the town, so much that in fact no-one can keep track of them. That said, I have decided to post them all in one place where everyone can see them- here.

Soooo...

More to be added as I acquire new ideas, that or remember the rest of them I've thought up of. In any case, here you go, and I hope you like my ideas!

Katabolt I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the officers of Hal participate in a private forum conversation where we talk about all of this kind of stuff. Most of these things we've already gone over, so trust me when I say that we do know that some things still need to be done. The problem is that there are just too many projects that need to be finished. There is always something that is being worked on. If you ever feel like something needs to happen please feel free to contact an architect so that we can guide you on making it happen. The problem is that everyone has their own ideas, but only a small number of individuals are actually proactive enough to carry out those ideas. Because we have so few people working on those things, it is impossible to get everything done in a short time. Remember, action speaks louder than words, so if you are willing to spend your time making it happen, we will work with you to get it done. Please also be aware that me, Sadik, and KP (and the other town officers) spend literally ALL of our time doing town projects. So my challenge to you is to put your money where your mouth is and invest your own time in it. Again, everyone has ideas, but it's impossible to finish it all if only a few work on these things.

With that said, here is my critique on your ideas:

1. The title 'First Bank of Halvalor' is not meant to be taken literally. We aren't saying that it's the first bank we've ever had, because it is not. It is just the name of a bank. Do me a favor, do a google search for "First Bank of..." and you will see a ton of banks that are named that way.

2. The members that continue to pay taxes in Halvalor may keep a house in Halvalor. This has always been the case between members of more than one Valor town. As long as you pay taxes, it can stay, as you are earning your right to have a plot. With that said, if you are a member of another town and you are in prime real estate, there is always a possibility that we might need to move your house (ie Zaspar's house right at the town center) to make way for new projects. But in any of those cases we'd consult with the member to find a resolution that is best for everyone.

3. The entire point of the new town hall is to have a building that doesn't look like every other town hall. JF is right in saying that it represents Hal, and we don't do that simple, blocky boring stuff. We make something that isn't like anything else, because we want to prove that if you put effort into something, you can make it awesome. When I constructed the bank, I purposefully created it to be unlike any other bank in all of HC. Sure, we could stick a stone brick box with one chest shop, but what is the fun in that? You might also need to know that JF put a lot of time and effort into building that thing. My only criticism is that the glass walkway might need to be shortened just a little. Other than that, I love it!

4. The roads are one of the biggest things that do need to be worked on, but we are SERIOUSLY lacking in the manpower to do it! This is what I mean when I say that action speaks louder than words. We know that the roads need to be finished, but if we don't have people that will work on them, it won't happen. I do agree with you about the leaves. I personally do not like the leaves in the middle at all. I think that the only reason it hasn't been changed is just cause it was lower priority. Again, we need town members to help do this.

5. I do feel that it'd give a nice touch to name them all. I walked by JF's street and thought the name was a good idea. I can already say that KP will insist that the street leading to our house will be named "Mushroom Way" or "Evergreen Terrace" or something similar<- KP am I right?

6. This is a small part of a big project. You might remember that a MASSIVE tower once stood there. The first step in recreating the town center was to demo that tower. We then COMPLETELY redecorated the surrounding area. There will be something interesting here, and we have talked about this amongst the officers many times. There are still a lot of things in the air

Katabolt

TNT
I'm not sure if you've noticed yourself @mdperk , but I WANT to help out and ask frequently "you need help?" or "there anything that needs doing?" etc. and get a negative response almost every time. In other words, I am more than happy to help put into action my ideas, or anything else except terraforming really.

Katabolt

TNT
I'm not sure if you've noticed yourself md, but I WANT to help out and ask frequently "you need help with that" or "is there anything that needs doing" and get a negative response almost every time. In other words I'm more than happy to help put my ideas into action, or anything else really except terraforming.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not sure if you've noticed yourself @mdperk , but I WANT to help out and ask frequently "you need help?" or "there anything that needs doing?" etc. and get a negative response almost every time. In other words, I am more than happy to help put into action my ideas, or anything else except terraforming really.

this is how the conversation normally goes

katabolt "hey you guys need help with anything?"

kperkins1982 "currently we need the following projects worked on _______ and _______"

katabolt "that sounds auful, I don't wanna do that, anything else"

kperkins1982 "yea, not everything is fun, work is work, which is why they call it work and not fun"

katabolt "hey I hate the way this is designed, you should change it"

kperkins1982 "...........fml......"

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
Town Contest!!!!! Winner gets 250c, and their design placed in town center with their name on it

We need a structure for the center of town...

It needs to be very very pretty, as it is the exact center of town.

The rules are as follows

must be 11x11x11 ie. 11 wide by 11 long by 11 tall, with on 4 sides a 3 wide opening to incorporate the roads and the center has to be open enough for the lifts. see the screenshot below

see screenshot below
qpOwj.jpg

post screens of your creative mode builds in this forum and the the winner will have their design built plus the coins.

JF, sadi, mdperk, lasti please comment if i've missed anything here the deadline will be next Sunday at 8pm

Good luck!!!

Town Contest!!!!! Winner gets 250c, and their design placed in town center with their name on it

We need a structure for the center of town...

It needs to be very very pretty, as it is the exact center of town.

The rules are as follows

must be 11x11x11 ie. 11 wide by 11 long by 11 tall, with on 4 sides a 3 wide opening to incorporate the roads and the center has to be open enough for the lifts. see the screenshot below

see screenshot below
qpOwj.jpg

post screens of your creative mode builds in this forum and the the winner will have their design built plus the coins.

JF, sadi, mdperk, lasti please comment if i've missed anything here

Good luck!!!

Looks good! This isn't just limited to Hal members btw - anyone in The Valley can compete.

mdperk2

Legacy Supporter 3
Please also be aware that 11x11x11 is the MAXIMUM dimensions of your structure. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE EXACTLY 11x11x11! You just need to build within those dimensions.

Also, you will need to provide for 4 entrances, at the north west east and south, to match up with the roads, as shown by the dirt outline in the picture (and by JF's helpful comment at the time the screenshot was taken) that are 3 wide each.

The winning design will be placed in the center of town for all to see! The best design idea wins, but we may need to tweak it a little bit here and there, just to make sure everything flows properly.

The ideal design will have their structure match what will be around it. We are going to be doing some landscaping, with the help of lastivity, so that there is a garden/park area around the center structure. So whatever design you make, be sure that it looks good with some landscaping around it. We are going to try to knock out the landscaping right away so that you guys know what kind of area you'll be working in!

EDIT: I suggest posting the contest idea in both the Valhalla and Valhalor town threads.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I remember building. Building for a contest. A contest with enough money that would set me for life. Such a simple contest. The building I planned to build would of been magnificent. A slight curve upwards, water flowing from the top, and two stones stacked to provide for the lifts in the middle. I remember building on that island. I also remember the shapes I saw. The shapes were always in the corner of my eyes. Dark shapes, horrid shapes, static, and staring. I would look, but they were never there. Then I would look away, and for an instant, just a single moment in time, they were back. I grew nervous. I would jump at the slightest movement. A sheep wandered into my building. I almost died from the fright. I couldn't take it. I had to leave for materials and a break from it. I took this picture of my progress when I left. I see them. They're in the picture. Staring. Just looking.

2011-11-26_194302.png

Basic design for center. I'm going to edit it some more before submitting, but I like it so far. It seems kind of plain atm, but I plan to add some plants or something. If someone could give an opinion that would be great :)

As for that paragraph, I had an inspiration while building. Just thought I'd share it.