• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Changes to Farmer and other misc.

Aekoth

Coal
Alrighty here we go. I am explaining the parts of the class that make no sense to me. I have 2 options that I think are viable, and I would like one of them to happen.

First point: Farmer? More like Rancher with slightly more luck at gathering crops than the rest of Herocraft

I believe all professions should provide a way to make money, a way to boost the economy. Farmer is simply not meeting that. If everyone can farm, is getting 5% extra crops good for anything if you cant even sell it? And the amount of crops you have to harvest to obtain just 20 levels with farmer gives you enough food to last probably the rest of your time on Herocraft.

Solution: Restrict the placing of crops to Farmers

Second point: It doesn't even meet the qualifications for Rancher!

I (as a farmer) could have the biggest cow farm in Herocraft and never obtain one level with Farmer! The one animal that gives you experience is the sheep, and not very much at that. So maybe the name should be Sheep Shearer? But then there is also the fact that you need food... But oh wait you have 2.74 shit loads from harvesting all that wheat to get to level 20!

Solution: Give Farmer experience for slaughtering animals that provide meat (as in not sheep)

On another note, I have some misc. suggestions:

If you took glowstone out of the anti-xray plugin so you would stop seeing random lights in caves where the glowstone shines through, that'd be great :D

If an Awkard Potion (netherwart mixed into bottles of water) restored a trivial/minor amount of mana (Boosts economy because the Alchemists have another reason to breathe :D)

If there was a way to control mobs for classes (Necromancer--> Undead, Druid--> Wolves) as in use a mind control skill that would make them follow you like wolves and attack (I realize this would be hard and probably not worth the effort, as you have better things to do probably like improve gameplay)

I like most of it but restricting placing crops to farmer? No i don't think so. Maybe some crops such as pumpkin or cocoa beans but not wheat and carrots. Farming is very useful to crafters. I think we should keep killing meat animals (cows) as a class leveling system. Players could abuse by just leveling farmer when their fighting mobs and encounter a meat mob. You could level farmer without farming!

Aekoth

Coal
I like most of it but restricting placing crops to farmer? No i don't think so. Maybe some crops such as pumpkin or cocoa beans but not wheat and carrots. Farming is very useful to crafters. I think we should keep killing meat animals (cows) as a class leveling system. Players could abuse by just leveling farmer when their fighting mobs and encounter a meat mob. You could level farmer without farming!
I was saying killing mobs should give you should give you Farmer experience, not Primary experience. 10 exp per cow would not be overpowered at all, you can farm a 100x100 wheat farm ONE TIME and master crafter. Also farmer entails animals and crops, and if you get no experience from animals then it makes no sense. The point I was trying to make is that if everyone can do it, why make a profession for it? It is as silly as making an Enchanter class but allowing everyone to enchant

Last edited:

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Perhaps then remove farming for actual prof's, but leave it for crafters

Moralsk

Gold
Perhaps then remove farming for actual prof's, but leave it for crafters
I'm more for restricting many crops to farmers, but not everything. People who live in the wilderness with a spec wouldn't be able to feed themselves.

Weikauno

Coder
I'm more for restricting many crops to farmers, but not everything. People who live in the wilderness with a spec wouldn't be able to feed themselves.
right, like at least leave wheat to all people since it's so common

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Correct me if I'm wrong but farmers summon cows, farmers kill cows, farmers get leather, farmers sell leather, repeat.

At least it was this way in DG.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Correct me if I'm wrong but farmers summon cows, farmers kill cows, farmers get leather, farmers sell leather, repeat.

At least it was this way in DG and no one has a problem with it.
Not exactly...Breeding has been changed so that you can only have 20 of any animal in a chunk (Once you reach 20, it won't let you breed anymore). This makes leather one of the most expensive and the weakest material. With the new armor/weight system people would rather have a few pieces of Iron/Diamond instead of a set of leather.

This will be less of a problem in the future where you will want to have full sets of armor (So you can get multiple enchantments and attribute bonuses.) This still doesn't solve the fact that leather sells for 1s each.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
^indeed, why pay 3 or 4 souls for a fresh leather chestplate, when you can use an iron chestplate, for less than half the costs, and more than triple the durability.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
^indeed, why pay 3 or 4 souls for a fresh leather chestplate, when you can use an iron chestplate, for less than half the costs, and more than triple the durability.
Don't a lot of classes only get leather/gold?

Or did attributes change that?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Don't a lot of classes only get leather/gold?

Or did attributes change that?
Get with the times, read the wiki.
Armor is now determined by its Weight which your character's max ability to wear is determined by Endurance (and a base value per class).
Any amount of protection is the same weight, no matter which types or how many/few pieces it is. Only upside to a full set atm is more enchant slots.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Get with the times, read the wiki.
Armor is now determined by its Weight which your character's max ability to wear is determined by Endurance (and a base value per class).
Any amount of protection is the same weight, no matter which types or how many/few pieces it is. Only upside to a full set atm is more enchant slots.
We'll excuse me!

Not my fault i don't have a computer and I'm stranded in Costa Rica, I'm lucky to have shitty internet and a falling apart iPhone.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
We'll excuse me!

Not my fault i don't have a computer and I'm stranded in Costa Rica, I'm lucky to have shitty internet and a falling apart iPhone.
You can post a comment, but not check out the wiki...seems legit. That said you are in Costa Rica and instead of enjoying it you are busy with HC?

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
You can post a comment, but not check out the wiki...seems legit. That said you are in Costa Rica and instead of enjoying it you are busy with HC?
Ive lived here near full time for 8 years. Gets pretty boring. My days = sit in AC and wait for good waves.