• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Changes to Deaths

Good or Bad

• Total voters
Howdy mates we have recently returned from being inactive on the server and from my time on here recently my biggest problems with the rushing.

Rushing-Returning to the fight after death to re-join combat and give a advantage.

The problem on here is that if you die you lose nothing your stuff is stored in a chest which means gear is safe. So you return and fight naked most classes do not require gear which means your damage output is still good. Followed by the fact that the fights on the server are based around the herogates means that you can easily return.

My suggestion is that when you die you would still have a deathchest keeping the beloved mechanic of the server, however on death you would drop a percentage of your money to the player that killed you?

That way you keep the mechanic it seems everyone loves and you prevent rushing for most people.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another problem is people killing themselves on mobs, lava or fall damage basically environment deaths to prevent ELO drops. I think a good fix for this problem would be to implement the idea above and make it to where deaths to mobs/environment took away more money and put it in the boost tip jar?

So to elaborate

Problem

People naked rush every fight

Solution

Make them drop money on every death and do it by percentage.

Problem

ELO Saving Suicide

Solution

Make it cost more money and put it in the boost tip jar which was recently added.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
There are other ways to negate rushing, punishing people for wanting to PvP by draining their money is just stupid.

Punishing people for wanting to PvP is stupid however punishing people for PvPing naked repetitively in mass groups is not a bad thing in my opinion plus it gives a good reason for people to PvP because right now the drops in my honest opinion are a bit light.

Ice

Heroes Never Die
Something else could be done besides money. It's a good start, but I don't feel like getting punished that harshly for trying to PvP others.

Environment deaths shouldn't be a thing if someone's in combat with another person. I think this point was brought up a couple times in the past maps but it's very cheesy and scummy when you don't let someone have the kill they worked for.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Well, the original method for preventing this style of fighting was having reagents to a couple skills per class, but eventually everyone started complaining they were too restrictive so we removed them.