• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Caster nerf.

Digger360

Obsidian
A suggestion? Alright. Considering you refuse to see the viewpoint behind by previous statements, perhaps this will tickle your fancy.

Lets face it, Regents are lame, they restrict PvE, and it's impossible to have a long term engagement without needing to refill, or risk a small fortune. Nobody really likes them, and they're to damn restrictive.

Perhaps a say, a Diamond to "Channel spells" though. Without one, spells would be significantly weakened, By say, as much as half. Warriors are forced to risk a substantial amount of diamonds per engagement. Might as well even the scores.

However, for more advanced spells, like say, Icey Aura, Bolt, a Iron hoe+ would be required, So casters couldn't fly out of a graveyard unarmed and still be moderately effective. A warrior/rogue can do nothing unarmed, other than fisting, and a casters weakened spells would compensate for the health difference between classes.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
I remember Kainzo saying each caster spec would get their own unique spell and nerf in fireball.

I'm suggesting that Casters get a cheap regent for all their skills. Something simple like a flower maybe. Or even beter, Maybe a semi expensive item that you just need for casting. Like an stone hoe for fireball. An iron hoe for root or icy aura or web. Maybe a diamond/gold hoe for bolt/flame shield/plague. It's just an idea because how it is right now is any caster with imp chat can go around killing someone and all they need is food. Even then they do massive damage to you. (wizard 71+fire ticks) not sure on other classes but they do massive damage without items. All other classes have to use items to kill people. (warriors need armor and weapon) (rangers need arrows) it really bugs me when i kill a caster spec and i get something like 10 melons. It seems pretty unfair that rangers for example have to spend 10c on arrows 20c about for armor a bow and food. Overall it's more of a balance for them as they lose nothing when they die.

Oh so you're sad about getting nothing for a kill? Suck it up, at least you GOT a kill. Everyone is a freaking die hard on this server and in herocraft it is common sense to bring the smallest amount of required equipment when traveling or raiding. You were lucky finding ten melons, sometimes I only get 2 dirt.

What really pisses me off are these poorly thought out suggestions that draw out the hate in this community. These stupid debates, are the reason why no one can stay on topic, or fix the damn problems in herocraft, instead it's just nerf after freaking nerf. Until the classes are reduced to nothingness. So the next time you want to complain about the rewards for killing casters why don't you remember that everything you said here was udder selfishness and greed with stupidity smothered all over it.

TL;DR?
SUCK IT UP OR GTFO.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
A suggestion? Alright. Considering you refuse to see the viewpoint behind by previous statements, perhaps this will tickle your fancy.
I believe I see your viewpoint. I just believe that it doesn't take all factors into consideration.

Lets face it, Regents are lame, they restrict PvE, and it's impossible to have a long term engagement without needing to refill, or risk a small fortune. Nobody really likes them, and they're to damn restrictive.

Perhaps a say, a Diamond to "Channel spells" though. Without one, spells would be significantly weakened, By say, as much as half. Warriors are forced to risk a substantial amount of diamonds per engagement. Might as well even the scores.

However, for more advanced spells, like say, Icey Aura, Bolt, a Iron hoe+ would be required, So casters couldn't fly out of a graveyard unarmed and still be moderately effective. A warrior/rogue can do nothing unarmed, other than fisting, and a casters weakened spells would compensate for the health difference between classes.

I like the implementation of reagents as it is (exactly HOW opposed to your ideas can I sound?). It makes sense that some skills would burn a resource to use. Slimeball for Group Teleport is a tad iffy, I think I'd prefer that it was a Book. But whatever.

As far as the channeling is concerned this suggestion is already extant, in the form of making hoes a damage modifier. I support that wholeheartedly.

I'm not hugely opposed to restricting higher-level spells to better weapons, but I don't like it. I feel that having to have equipment is a bigger deal for melee classes (especially warriors and bow-users), and additionally that they should be stronger than they are currently, like Greek said.

Instant on-topic, just add Kwong.

Demonxman

Obsidian
do warriors need regents to attack?

why do casters need regents for everything when our true regent is mana?

try playing a caster and a melee type then get back to me. ( was a ninja in last map and al though that was a very long time ago I could still kill casters with ease and all it took was some basic planning and a little COMMON SENSE that I should probably try and, in a zig zag bum rush the little fucker swinging my gold sword like a madman and ultimately destroying the fucker in a matter of moments. use your head next time you face a caster, maybe master the current spec you have now???

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Could you sprint then? And I'm sorrry we don't have the prowess and the skill you have demon. But I doń think caster need a nerf. I think the other classes need a buff. It makes them more fun.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
reagant attack for warriors/rogues = sword/shovel/bow+arrow/axe.

reagant attack for casters = improved chat/dirt block just mined up from the ground.

Hello!? People who think warriors don't have a reagant to melee... OPEN YOUR EYES. we can spam our weapons, but we require 1-3 diamonds for the good ones.

Casters just need something to bind fireball to. 3/4 of the casters I fight just use fireball, so this is their main weapon, am I right?

I don't think casters need a nerf badly, since I've figured out ways to combat some annoying caster traits, but I really do think the idea of making it mandatory to have a hoe in your inventory to use fireball is one to consider.

Digger360

Obsidian
Casters need regents demon, Because warriors need armor and a weapon. Thats expensive. A Dk needs 12 Diamonds to outfit himself for one life, and that armor quickly degrades. Currently, A caster can charge out of a graveyard against a fully armored warrior, and obliterate them. They need nothing. Regents ensure casters arn't indefinite power houses. If a warrior should risk all this wealth, and be helpless after death, why do casters be at the SAME STRENGTH.

Besides, warriors ALSO use mana, and require regents for basic spells, For example, a DK requires a book to cast curse. A wizards bolt requires NOTHING.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think that Rogues should be buffed to combat casters.

I agree with this. I mean, if the melee classes had more gap closers (like the bards speed ability, personalized (no party buff that is) for a class like sami or ninja) would change alot. I'm not a fan of forcing the use of potions to keep up, but nerfing casters isn't the way to go, not entirely. The goal is to move away from fireball use, perhaps even nerf just it for the spec'd classes or remove it in favor of other fireball-esque spells that fit the classes better (like Explosive fireball for wiz) that have more benefits AND drawbacks. Right now alot of casters use fireball for lack of a better skill. It's not always becuase it's soooo good, it's the the other skills just aren't always good enough.

For example, now that Necros get Poison and Decay, I will not lob fireballs as much as before to reserve my mana for the initial Decay debuff, and to refresh poison between fireballs. Becuase three instances of damage over time, while less damage than hitting you with six direct fireballs, is more effective in combat.

Actually, this entire endeavor could be solved by allowing warrior/ninja specs to keep some of there weapons or armor after death. I mean, who uses damaged armor, and all we really want are the other items that are dropped.

I'm sick and tired of you guys fighting, this is such an inferior topic to all the bigger things that need to be discussed and fixed. Let the balance team figure this out, they're recruited for their smarts and it's their job.

Now, I do agree that the caster is always ready to battle. However, can't we all agree that the caster needs to be ready? Since one fatal move or flaw will result in them dead. I don't give a shit about reagents, I use em' anyways.

And if I can't, well then I'm shit out of luck. That's the game, goodbye.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I've used explosive fireball and fireballx and there are extremely OP. Those are Zo skills and it is staying that way.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Let the balance team figure this out, they're recruited for their smarts and it's their job.

Now, I do agree that the caster is always ready to battle. However, can't we all agree that the caster needs to be ready? Since one fatal move or flaw will result in them dead. I don't give a shit about reagents, I use em' anyways.
I do despise discussing pvp, but:

That's questionable.

I don't think we can. A wizard has only 20 HP less than a dragoon, 30 less than a Dreadknight. Even fully geared, taking on an unarmed wizard fresh from the graveyard is a gamble. Personally, I have never successfully killed a wizard that has bolt. Most arguably because I stink at PVP and have no interest in it, but also because it takes me more than 12 hits to kill one without armor.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
I think the arena tournament was a perfect example of how classes differ in different situations. Casters will always dominate from range in the open battlefield unless their cast times are raised or damage lowered significantly. But in close quarters melee will rip them apart as long as they don't get 1 rounded, which isn't likely with a healer or as a warrior. Especially with things like golden apples and the limitations of mana.

Also, graveyard camping has nothing to do with anything. Just run away if you don't want to get camped, it's not hard.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
I like the idea of bolt and megabolt requiring a reagent. Other than that though, it seems fairly solid. Melee just need a bit more mobility for some classes.

The big issue is Towns being huge vaginas. When you have a huge wall or regioned fortress vagina-faces will stand behind and pew pew. City security is the real issue behind "balance" in Herocraft to those who cry about dying. Real men don't use walls and simply fight as Herocraft intends, with 15" dongs flailing in the wind set upon a sea of crimson blood using nothing but the bones of fallen enemies to use as weapons.

Now, the fact that there are as many Wizards as there are the other 3 casters combined as well as clerics for healers is a big balance issue.

-edited out the vulgarity-

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think the arena tournament was a perfect example of how classes differ in different situations. Casters will always dominate from range in the open battlefield unless their cast times are raised or damage lowered significantly. But in close quarters melee will rip them apart as long as they don't get 1 rounded, which isn't likely with a healer or as a warrior. Especially with things like golden apples and the limitations of mana.

Also, graveyard camping has nothing to do with anything. Just run away if you don't want to get camped, it's not hard.

They are not that dominant. With mana limitation the caster has to pick and choose which skills to use to burn through it all. In a group setting a Wizard, which is viewed by many as OP, will burn all its mana to kill one high level warrior (more than 100 HP) and is left with not many options. Sure there's replenish (do wiz get that skill? I don't remember) but other melee people in that group setting WOULD rip them apart. That, and casters have to watch out for other casters and rangers, while keeping their distance from the melee or else they would be destroyed.

They aren't as OP as you think. Don't worry though, change is coming, especially with 1.2