• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Capital] Newerth [233] (v4.0) (OS) [Neutral] [Awesome] [**Recruiting**]

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I may or may not be on tonight, I was on earlier being pk'd by durotar. Etkenn came and helped a bit with judgedread and some others from CT. We spent about an hour today fishing around the desert and south of newerth and farther east at another spot i like. Night cycles we went and hunted in a group of etkenn, artlis and myself.

Durgelyzz or some bullshit I can't remember the name, is who killed me. Fucker doesn't know how to use jump. I dodged him and ran around for about 5 mins before I accidentally fell into a hole and he choked up on me to gank me. I hit them with fireball like maybe 6 or 7 times but it's not enough, it's like 80 dmg, and they were geared to the teeth and specced.

Anywho. Kenn's been being really relax lately to me. It's nice having him back I think. As long as we don't argue about shit or whatnot. He also defended the kingdom from several insults ex Unholy citizens were smack talking about. Further, Multiheartgold started talking utter bullshit about us being completely inactive and about me. When I tried to clarify it was only because of sandy and 2 weeks ago we were a lot more active he started just repeating himself.

Then the trolls started in with "So, who is the leader of XD?" "No seriously, THE LEADER of XD? who is it?"

..just repeating shit like that.

Anyway, love you guys.

15-20th time starting over in the graveyard trying to find a tree to punch so I can kill something, if I dont get killed before I find food or break my wood tools.

/yay for hardcore camping/bounty spamming xexo!!

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I may or may not be on tonight, I was on earlier being pk'd by durotar. Etkenn came and helped a bit with judgedread and some others from CT. We spent about an hour today fishing around the desert and south of newerth and farther east at another spot i like. Night cycles we went and hunted in a group of etkenn, artlis and myself.

Durgelyzz or some bullshit I can't remember the name, is who killed me. Fucker doesn't know how to use jump. I dodged him and ran around for about 5 mins before I accidentally fell into a hole and he choked up on me to gank me. I hit them with fireball like maybe 6 or 7 times but it's not enough, it's like 80 dmg, and they were geared to the teeth and specced.

Anywho. Kenn's been being really relax lately to me. It's nice having him back I think. As long as we don't argue about shit or whatnot. He also defended the kingdom from several insults ex Unholy citizens were smack talking about. Further, Multiheartgold started talking utter bullshit about us being completely inactive and about me. When I tried to clarify it was only because of sandy and 2 weeks ago we were a lot more active he started just repeating himself.

Then the trolls started in with "So, who is the leader of XD?" "No seriously, THE LEADER of XD? who is it?"

Anyway, love you guys.

15-20th time starting over in the graveyard trying to find a tree to punch so I can kill something, if I dont get killed before I find food or break my wood tools.

damnit xexo I thought I was the only one with your head :(

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

Anyway, love you guys.

If time permits after homework tonight I'll be on. And if we get camped we should hop on GW2!

If time doesn't permit I might just play Ass Creed :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6

Anyway, love you guys.

His name was Burkeyzz. Too bad that he just jumped away whenever we gave chase :/

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
Wow, interesting shit going on, I've been sick, then playing borderlands 2, I will be popping back on agian here shortly. Just waiting for the last bits of this illness to drift away.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Does this mean xexo and etkenn are finally not being all mean and hating each other? Truly this must be a happier map.

To all of newerth, this is my formal apology for not staying true to the kingdom. You guys (mostly dielan and SK tho) got me started off in this server and I feel like I have yet to pay back the debt. As such I would like to know if there is anything I can do at any time for you guys. If I'm online and newerth is getting attacked, call me and I'll help (Idk coords though lol), if you need materials call me and I'll think about getting em for you (I hate digging sand though without an enchanted pick), if you have a newer player that you don't have time to help, call me over and I'll help walk em through the server and help get their feet on the ground. I can try to point others to the town when my own towns council members aren't online to see it.

I'm sure some of you have mixed feeling about me at this point but I would like to help mend the old friendships that we used to have. Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic but I really miss the good old newerth/OS kingdom from zeal and would like to see the older community that really got me started thrive.

If you don't have any love for me anymore, just say so and I will sadly walk away from this thread crying about how I let old friends slip away. <3

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Does this mean xexo and etkenn are finally not being all mean and hating each other? Truly this must be a happier map.

To all of newerth, this is my formal apology for not staying true to the kingdom. You guys (mostly dielan and SK tho) got me started off in this server and I feel like I have yet to pay back the debt. As such I would like to know if there is anything I can do at any time for you guys. If I'm online and newerth is getting attacked, call me and I'll help (Idk coords though lol), if you need materials call me and I'll think about getting em for you (I hate digging sand though without an enchanted pick), if you have a newer player that you don't have time to help, call me over and I'll help walk em through the server and help get their feet on the ground. I can try to point others to the town when my own towns council members aren't online to see it.

I'm sure some of you have mixed feeling about me at this point but I would like to help mend the old friendships that we used to have. Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic but I really miss the good old newerth/OS kingdom from zeal and would like to see the older community that really got me started thrive.

If you don't have any love for me anymore, just say so and I will sadly walk away from this thread crying about how I let old friends slip away. <3

D'awww Diffie you're so nice :p

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I may or may not be on tonight, I was on earlier being pk'd by durotar. Etkenn came and helped a bit with judgedread and some others from CT. Night cycles we went and hunted in a group of etkenn, artlis and myself.

EtKEnn @QuoteAlreadyTaggedXexo <3 I like this. A lot. :D Now hopefully we can get along more often. Right? :D

devonw18

Stone
I want the half floor apartment on the fifth floor says it is available but stuff is in the chests. I want it i have the cash so can set it up. Also how do you get to be a veteran or a higher position in the town just reply here​

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I want the half floor apartment on the fifth floor says it is available but stuff is in the chests. I want it i have the cash so can set it up. Also how do you get to be a veteran or a higher position in the town just reply here​

Those titles are given to those who have been with Newerth community for a while. This town has been built, and re-built practically each map HC has had!

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Yeah, and if you were asking about the [veteran] title, that's from being on HC for 1 year, [elite] is for 2 years. I know it looks like you said
Also how do you get to be a veteran or a higher position in the town
but some people may not know exactly what they're asking so I figured I'd repeat it.

Further, it's between the current managers and ultimately Symbolite to promote you to a higher rank within the township system. HOWEVER, there are only 3 legitimate ranks within the system I am currently aware of and that is Member, Veteran, Manager. From Guest to Veteran there are no discernible differences. Enemy/etc. are negative ranks that were created for implemented a form of PVP flagging but never was implemented, mainly because you can already PVP everyone of proper level. Townships were supposed to auto-group townies into a no-pvp group but that was for some reason or another disabled as well. The only thing that varies are the "-build" or "+build" flags which is default to -build if you are not a town's member on HTTP.

So that is why there is literally no difference between Guest ranks, Member rank, and Veteran rank. Manager's can do a few more things like invite people and promote or demote I THINK-but only below their rank.

As far as I know only Symbolite maintains more power with the Owner rank. (Mayor)

This pretty much negates the need for a "SecondInCommand" rank (which is what I am supposedly), since all "Manager" ranks have equal power.

(Kainzo or Danda (I forget to be honest)) said it might be possible to setup custom ranks for towns -- at some point but, it was never promised and it hasn't happened yet. So don't bank on any of that jazz becoming a reality.

Unfortunately for you all of this means that township ranks below manager are essentially useless. You are either:
-A 'member' of the town. I call them 'Townies' since Member is confused with the rank, and 'Townies' cans refer to members, veterans, managers, etc.
-Trusted with inviting members to the town/accessing regions. In effect, a Manager.
-Or you are not part of the town.
In which case you are either:
-assigned as an enemy
-A guest (with access to regions, beware, server rules may be a gray area when assigning someone guest rank and they abuse it to gain access but replace blocks, thus allowing mass theft/griefing to gain/lose pvp advantage)

To be perfectly honest, I'd consider assigning someone as a "Guest" rank far more trusting than simply inviting them to the town because the server rules may or may not be clear on what you can get by with as a "Guest". It is considering abusing regions and typically a minor offense (depending on circumstances) for being on a town region and using it for malicious intentions of all types(?).

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Basically when Kainzo killed the DHX [Banker] staff position he also removed the need for a 'Town Banker' position, so that all that remains are technically the owner, manager(s), and then everyone else.

There is no longer a need for a triumvirate of leadership in any town. There's not really even a need for a manager rank at all, if the town owner is online a lot to recruit, or if the town consists of people who are dedicated to playing actively and won't leave the town for various reasons.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Basically when Kainzo killed the DHX [Banker] staff position he also removed the need for a 'Town Banker' position, so that all that remains are technically the owner, manager(s), and then everyone else.

There is no longer a need for a triumvirate of leadership in any town. There's not really even a need for a manager rank at all, if the town owner is online a lot to recruit, or if the town consists of people who are dedicated to playing actively and won't leave the town for various reasons.
There is a need for Managers, without Managers Newerth wouldn't have a single person right now who could add people or remove people from town. It's a really good position to give out when you need someone to look over the town while you are offline. I also hope they implement custom ranks or some way to flag people as enemies and Owner ranks for SiCs.

devonw18

Stone
I would like the decommissioned place in the slums but maybe that is out of my low budget of 90 coins said it was great if someone is making a market place and intend to.

ozatomic

Legacy Supporter 4
In-game Name: ozatomic​
Why do you wish to join Newerth?: Past member from multiple map versions and wanted to stay true.​
How did you hear about Newerth?: Past member from multiple map versions​
How long have you been on the server?: 2010 but i have come and gone.​
What Class and Profession are you or plan to become?: Warrior / not sure on prof yet​
Past towns?: Newerth :)
What do you believe you can contribute to the town?: Anything the town needs :) PVP, resources choosen prof based on what town needs.​
Do you have Teamspeak?: yes​

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I would like the decommissioned place in the slums but maybe that is out of my low budget of 90 coins said it was great if someone is making a market place and intend to.

Go ahead and get settled in. I don't know if we are charging for slum huts and I intend to make MANY more. It's the above ground areas we are charging for becuase there isn't enough for everyone to have one.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
There is a need for Managers, without Managers Newerth wouldn't have a single person right now who could add people or remove people from town. It's a really good position to give out when you need someone to look over the town while you are offline. I also hope they implement custom ranks or some way to flag people as enemies and Owner ranks for SiCs.
He's right, I should get back to being active, I have wiki work, and engineering to do <.< Sym, I will be back up and running probably.... late monday night, if you could fix me back up I will get back to work.

EDIT : damn you ADHD/dyslexic crap! Stop making me type letters out of order!

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
We need to revamp the entire slums district to house more people. It should to be FAR less confusing. The slums needs multiple floors, bigger hallways, square-er plots inside of it, a quick rail system, etc.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
We need to revamp the entire slums district to house more people. It should to be FAR less confusing. The slums needs multiple floors, bigger hallways, square-er plots inside of it, a quick rail system, etc.

I want all the veterans who have plots above ground to tear down their old slum huts. That will make such redesign go smoother. What I was doing before was just touching up what we already had, which seemed based off of natural caves below town. It would be more effective to have a more level/layer thing going on. Like the slums from Shin Kyoto we never quite finished!

Right xexorian Disketa777 ?