• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Buff Monk

dmil23

Obsidian
I understand that Monks are not supposed to have a lot of damage and that they are a healer class but I think they lack healing since they could only use Bandage. I think that Bandage should be replaced with Pray since that is what they do all day.

I have also notice that Forcepush doesn't always work as it should. When I am standing still and a mob is standing still and I use it the mob goes flying 20 or so blocks back and 5 to 10 blocks up. When I use it on players the same way where we are both standing still they only float up 1 to 2 blocks. I'm not sure what is causing this but it makes Forcepush kinda useless as some times. It seems to have different affect depending on which ways you and the other player are moving.
1. If he is running away and I am chasing him and I use it he will fly backwards over my head.
2. If he is running towards me and I am running backwards away from him and I use it, it will make him fly backwards/away from me.
3. If I am running towards him and he is running towards me and I use it, it usually will just launch them one to 2 blocks up in the air or in some random direction(usually not far).

I was wondering if this could be fixed so it works as well as it does with mobs and if the skills should be switched up. I know that there are only 1 to 2 of us Monks on the server and I am the only current Master Monk so there isn't much input from other Monks that have mastered it but I think that doing these changes will help out the class and more people would be Monk if their skills weren't so bugged.
I understand that you guys have your minds on more important things but I think this would help out the Monk spec and would make more people be Monks.

Please leave feedback on how you think this class can be improved and what not. Thanks!

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I have noticed that players tend to fly in the direction that you are facing when you log in. For example if you log in facing west they will fly west

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Its based off lag, theres not much we can do about changing forcepush.

The direction is based on how you are facing - which also has a lag equation to know which way you WERE facing.

dmil23

Obsidian
Its based off lag, theres not much we can do about changing forcepush.

The direction is based on how you are facing - which also has a lag equation to know which way you WERE facing.
Okay thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure if it was based on direction and lag or what. I did notice that back when we were getting 8-13 tps it would hardly work at all. I like this less lag thing that you guys have got going on. Will there be any more skill changes for Monks?
Pray
Cooldown: 5000
Mana: 20
Level: 10
Heals 20 hp

Thats the kind of set up I have in my head right now on what I think it should be if it replaces Bandage.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Pray isnt so much intended for the monkies - we want to give them more combat oriented stuff for damage, etc.

Well, it seems to be pretty opposite. Their fists only do so much compared to the other PVP classes. I like the idea of the fighting healer class, i think it would encourage less healers to be clerics(stopping them actin like its their only option too) for the sole purpose of fighting.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well, it seems to be pretty opposite. Their fists only do so much compared to the other PVP classes. I like the idea of the fighting healer class, i think it would encourage less healers to be clerics(stopping them actin like its their only option too) for the sole purpose of fighting.
Yeah, not a bad idea - wish we had more of a option here though, need to make more combat skills.

dmil23

Obsidian
Would it be possible to make a stick the Monks weapon and to make that do more damage? I like the idea of making them a more Combat class in the HEALER category though

dmil23

Obsidian
I would like to ask if Monks could have some sort of weapon that causes damage. It's quite annoying when you kill someone and your action bar is flooded with items. That just leaves you stuck with doing 1 dmg per hit :/

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd prefer to stay barehanded, but I know it's been a struggle to get fist damage higher for the monk class.

dmil23

Obsidian
I'd prefer to stay barehanded, but I know it's been a struggle to get fist damage higher for the monk class.
Yeah, I like fighting with fists but its when you kill someone and they drop a bunch of stuff, it fills up the action bar and there is no room for my fists. That causes me to do no damage at all if I'm stuck hitting people with a stack of cobble or w/e else is there. I would have to stop fighting and remove things from the action bar so I can fight which by then I'm usually dead.