• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bring back the old classes!

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Oh, I must not of saw your post then I'm afraid but well the only solution to the healing problem I can see is to cap the amount if active heals a player can have at one point to x amount of sources. That should deal with that right? But anyway classes shouldn't be so heavily balanced around what combos they come in with a few exceptions (cleric is a great example). But it should keep in mind team play as that is a big aspect of herocraft.

But I'm sure we both can agree on a few certain classes needing some love. I might make a straw poll later with the question "what class do you think needs updating", or something down those lines.
I think you just missed the whole entire point of that post....

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Coding new classes isn't really a huge issue. It's balance. And due to attributes, any existence of balance from the olden days is gone.

Also, Fuck Samurai. It was never balanced. The "Samurai" you are likely to see in the future is going to be completely different than the one from the past.

Additionally, due to the creation of attributes, all old skills are "broken", and will no longer work with Heroes. They have to be re-coded to work with the new system, or they will not work at all. So to say that there would be "no coding necessary" would be incorrect.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're working on fixing the old code not working and redoing attributes a bit. Though all of this hold trues.

The old samurai was a click-master and powerhouse, the new one wont be like that and will focus more on different things.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
its funny Because When Samurais Wasn't Being worked on I said this, But Frankly Its not happening, New things will always be put ahead of Balance Because Balance is tbh hard to make, Balance Team has a pretty hard job Separating an Over Powered Class and a Well Played Class, like Danda said in the tourney "I think balance team needs to take a look at healing" When you look at it Yes Healing does look overpowered in the scenario, But then you look at the tourney teams
Cleric,Bloodmage,Paladin,Disciple,Disciple
Bard,Cleric,Disciple,Disciple,Druid
So when you look at it RS most likely had Bloodbonds up Cleric healing Fist of Jin Instant 200 HP from the Chakras a Layhands absolution And 2 Holy Auras Up,
And then There was HealingChorus,Holyaura + cleric Heals, Healing bloom, Druid heals and 2 Disciples (See above)
Absolution is like what 250ish too? and Renewal is like 200?

This is an example of where balance needs to separate overpowered classes from Well Played classes with a Team Comp that Steroids where designed off of. So At First Glance Healing looks overpowered but when you look at it EVERYBODY in the Final Round had Healing. And They didn't Have any Huge damage sources besides RSHooter, this is why it took forever when you have 5 healers on each side what do you expect? :p

So to Get back on track, this is why Balancing cant always (no matter how much I wish it did) come first, Its hard to tell if a class is overpowered Because to Be completely honest if a class is played to its best it usually is very strong due to the player.

Balance has a Hard Job.

edit* @Dsawemd LOOK WHO GOT DEM ORGANIZED POSTS NOW :O
My opinion on heals needing to be looked into was not based upon the class choices of the team more the length of the fights themselves. In all previous tournaments it was rare for a fight to last more than around 5 minutes. Fights this tournament was significantly more drawn out with some fights lasting upwards of 20 minutes. That was my basis of reasoning that heals needed to be looked into not that people were playing those classes.

lordprettyflack0

Legacy Supporter 6
still broken, I tested it on test the other day and crashed it out :p
fix+it.jpg