• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Brainstorming Ideas - PVP- World

This thread is a smattering of ideas that could be implemented to revive, improve, or modify the sad state that PVP is currently in. All ideas are welcome, new and old

Warshards was created as a pvp 'world'. In order for it to live up to that, it must have similar amenities to the main world, and reasons for players to go there, as pvp is inherently more risky.

Each tier has two dungeons, ex: tricksters, stoneflow. Why not place once dungeon from each tier in warshards? This would free up map space and also give reason to go there. This 'sibling' dungeon in warshards will have pvp enabled, but offer another option for those who wish to venture there. At tier 6, redhand would be in warshards and Dark palace in the pve world.

Warshards needs class trainers, as well as an exchange, pvp token vendors, and marketplace.

Custom mobs are all over in warshards, scaling in level as you move farther from spawn. Many of us out there loved the old overworld leveling model- this could be partially reintroduced by giving comparable exp to dungeon mobs as they scale in level (and maybe beefing them up a bit even). This would make over world leveling possible again, which could be awesome.

On the subject of terrain, warshards currently has a boring, difficult to navigate, and uniform terrain and biomes - to be attractive for building towns, something similar to the overworld would be needed.

possible incentives for players to enter the pvp zone:

Overworld mob leveling?
Slightly higher exp rate in dungeons?
Better drops from tier 6?
Chest hunting plugin?
Fresh mining areas
Special mobs with rare loot- disciples of cain?
Higher soul shard drops from mining?
PVP titles - PVP QUESTS??? Titles are rewards! And pvp gear! Will expand on this.
Player head drops?
Skill books drop from killing max level players randomly based on their class?

Last edited:

Church_

Sup, So this is what I have come up with since discussing with other current active members and players who would like to come back. Also looking into the content issue that the pass world had. Note, I have already sat and done research and even found the add-on's to start with.
Now I am also trying to reach out to a compromise with the pvpers of HC, and future pvp joining members.

To Start- New Tutorial.
So we have hadddd mannnny talks on this subject. Now something that did work was visual aid that you couldn't help but see when going though the tutorial. Taking some of the old factors of tutorial, mix with the new.
Being able to pick the class and read the skills in a more path given guide. So what i purpose, Yes using the npcs to guide them through the tutorial but, we have them take on a section at a time differently. Take /test for one. when players go there, they can click a button the look at the class, lets place them in an area guiding them with access to pick the class they want at start. Hologram pathway the class arches. They can go around and switch from class to class and see which they would like to start with. ( Upon choosing new class invo empty and renew with that class gear so no gear is being useless given data) The only way to leave the area is to choose a class. The npc runs a check that they have changed from a lost soul, and is ready to move on to the professions section. Note if we place hologram paintings of what to do with /skills be a good display around the class area so they get how to do that from start while choosing what they can be. Players wanna get right into the class. Some player choose the moment the join the server. ( They got stuck in tutorial before because of this)

The professions section is rooms connected to the next room displaying each profession with an npc that can display info if the talk to them, but lets go with more this is herocraft walk-through. After reaching the end of the 8 profession rooms, reach an NPC that will teleport to the next area.

Enter an hallway with the Banker npc with information on click, and can do a hologram painting of what takes action. Exchange district npcs, Arena npcs, Guards, Npc Trader giving info about trade district for player Eco. Reach a portal at the end.

End of Tutorial - Learning to use skills and fighting weak starter mobs. At the very end there will be 2 portals. This were we players who have come to the server to pvp get to choose to go to the pvp world or the pve world.

-New PVP World. but have the things the other world lacked. (Warshards)

-- Same npcs as the main world Atlas. The new PVP-world will have the Banker/Exchange district npcs/ LootCrates,.
-- Half of the current dungeons transferred to this world, Redhand, Ivory, Elven, Trickers, Nerco, Its own tier 1. Being FAIR tier 1-3 NO pvp zone in the dungeon. Outside of the dungeon different story.
-- Conquest points, but these will not provoke town resources like the others in Atlas. They will provide same exp boost as the Atlas ones. But these 5 conquest points will give PVP tokens and awards that can be traded at the PVP Exchange district. If a Town in the pvp world wants to get conquest in Atlas than they can and same for Atlas if they want to get pvp conquest points.

-PVP Controlled.
--
So clearly we will have a large boarder of NO-pvp around the spawn of the world.

-- Upon death 2 min Shield from pvp. ( This is to maintain a fairness to Raiding and spawn camping)

-- Karma- Killsteaks will get you ranked as threats, bounties get placed on top steak pvpers 20+ kills. Honor to bounty hunters. Members can honor others and they be granted Order titles. Threats gain Chaos titles. Atlas pve world members also can gain these titles if they choose to be in the pvp world.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/reputation.15687/
-- TNT Enabled to township raiding. The blocks will regenerate within 5-7 seconds.

-- PvP Weekly and Monthly awards. New Elo system Scoreboards will be hologram in spawn of pvp world and Atlas. Monthly Elo reset.

-- PvP Battle arena ranking. Spleef, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5. that players can self start matches with other players. No mod/Admin needed. Live events.
Can spec the matches :)
-- Bringing back title's that you can flex your pvp status with.

-- PVP world Personal global channel. A channel for just the pvp world for members who prefer to be on just the pvp side of the server. (Also making one for Atlas.) Off-topic will remain a Global channel for all. Rules will still be in-forced via chat.

-- Pvp world spawning Lootcrates- Fight over loot crates with random rare items. These will spawn in Warshards, and Atlas but he

-- Lock picking. Yes LWC will still be a thing in pvp world. (Amount based on Supporter tier) But this will be a mini game added. Player's will get to have 2 Key lock chests, that can be picked. If you don't get the combination right, a trap could trigger, or you lose your lock picks. Players will be able to get lock picks from Exchange vender's with pvp tokens from the pvp world conquest points. More the tokens, the higher grade of picks. Note if you get your key stolen, sucks to be you. (If you somehow forgot you cant put your key inside and closed it in the chest. P.E for mod/admin access to open it.) -Discussion with Kainzo on rather Tier ranks getting higher amounts on key lock chests later.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/locks-and-lockpicking.50853/

-- Revival of the War Township plugin. So if we can get this worked on fro the Scripter/coder side. Towns can conduct their own pvp fight with another town at a set time. Note ill be fair though. Only T1 towns can war T1. T2-T3. T4-T6, T6-T8. Because to AVOID people being ran off server from a T6 town starting war with a T1 town that has like 3 people when they have 20+. Cost of war will depend on the population of the towns going to war. Note If you have T1 v T1 and one has 3 people and the other with 20. The cost of war will be high.

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
[QUOTE="Church_, post: 481287, member: 103087"
-New PVP World. but have the things the other world lacked. (Warshards)

-- Same npcs as the main world Atlas. The new PVP-world will have the Banker/Exchange district npcs/ LootCrates,.
-- Half of the current dungeons transferred to this world, Redhand, Ivory, Elven, Trickers, Nerco, Its own tier 1. Being FAIR tier 1-3 NO pvp zone in the dungeon. Outside of the dungeon different story.
-- Conquest points, but these will not provoke town resources like the others in Atlas. They will provide same exp boost as the Atlas ones. But these 5 conquest points will give PVP tokens and awards that can be traded at the PVP Exchange district. If a Town in the pvp world wants to get conquest in Atlas than they can and same for Atlas if they want to get pvp conquest points.

-PVP Controlled.
--
So clearly we will have a large boarder of NO-pvp around the spawn of the world.

-- Upon death 2 min Shield from pvp. ( This is to maintain a fairness to Raiding and spawn camping)

-- Karma- Killsteaks will get you ranked as threats, bounties get placed on top steak pvpers 20+ kills. Honor to bounty hunters. Members can honor others and they be granted Order titles. Threats gain Chaos titles. Atlas pve world members also can gain these titles if they choose to be in the pvp world.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/reputation.15687/
-- TNT Enabled to township raiding. The blocks will regenerate within 5-7 seconds.

-- PvP Weekly and Monthly awards. New Elo system Scoreboards will be hologram in spawn of pvp world and Atlas. Monthly Elo reset.

-- PvP Battle arena ranking. Spleef, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5. that players can self start matches with other players. No mod/Admin needed. Live events.
Can spec the matches :)
-- Bringing back title's that you can flex your pvp status with.

-- PVP world Personal global channel. A channel for just the pvp world for members who prefer to be on just the pvp side of the server. (Also making one for Atlas.) Off-topic will remain a Global channel for all. Rules will still be in-forced via chat.

-- Pvp world spawning Lootcrates- Fight over loot crates with random rare items. These will spawn in Warshards, and Atlas but he

-- Lock picking. Yes LWC will still be a thing in pvp world. (Amount based on Supporter tier) But this will be a mini game added. Player's will get to have 2 Key lock chests, that can be picked. If you don't get the combination right, a trap could trigger, or you lose your lock picks. Players will be able to get lock picks from Exchange vender's with pvp tokens from the pvp world conquest points. More the tokens, the higher grade of picks. Note if you get your key stolen, sucks to be you. (If you somehow forgot you cant put your key inside and closed it in the chest. P.E for mod/admin access to open it.) -Discussion with Kainzo on rather Tier ranks getting higher amounts on key lock chests later.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/locks-and-lockpicking.50853/

-- Revival of the War Township plugin. So if we can get this worked on fro the Scripter/coder side. Towns can conduct their own pvp fight with another town at a set time. Note ill be fair though. Only T1 towns can war T1. T2-T3. T4-T6, T6-T8. Because to AVOID people being ran off server from a T6 town starting war with a T1 town that has like 3 people when they have 20+. Cost of war will depend on the population of the towns going to war. Note If you have T1 v T1 and one has 3 people and the other with 20. The cost of war will be high.[/QUOTE]
100% agree with this.

Church_

Going to be adding another add-on list to PVP-world idea's and some more server content tonight!

BUMP

Hmm, well the Advanced Crafting thing could use a fix up by adding filters ( class, level, teir ) or you can just remove it? I never really notice anyone using the crafting thing due to the new and advanced coffers being a thing and some people don't really notice it exists

Attachments

• b3c0c1934ebeaf1073fa7afb7a33559d.jpg
    b3c0c1934ebeaf1073fa7afb7a33559d.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 0

Church_

Currently working on in testing-

• Battle Arena-
    • Arena: Fight with what is given to you in the config. You can't bring items in or out
    • Skirmish: Bring in what you want to fight with, you take out whatever you pick up
    • Battlegrounds: Winner is the highest kills after 1 minute. 4 teams may compete
    • Colosseum: 4 teams against each other, last man standing wins
    • FFA: last player/team left standing wins
    • Death Match: 2 minute event where if you die you respawn. Highest kills wins
  • Warzones- Warzones, are pvp conquest event points. Event for the pvp fight will announce to Server, players gather in the area and choose their siding teams. CTF or Team Deathmatch over the conquest point will begin. Winners will gain awards. Warzones are pvp world only.
  • TNT Tag Arena- Fun mini-game that will be added to the Arena world! Join with other players in a game of tag, Last person tagged with the tnt explodes!
  • Instance Dungeons- So, working on configuring these with quests for unlock-able dungeons. Quest lines leading up to unlocking them. PVP and PVE World Instance dungeons will be gained this way. They will have daily/weekly resets depending on the tier of the dungeon, So only once till your quota resets and you can enter the dungeons again. Special awards at end for those who find the hidden tasks.
  • SkyWars Arena- Talked about this arena before, getting more into working it out now. Skyblock pvp.
  • Adding 11 New Dungeons.

Will be posting up more as I fix and configure.

Last edited:

224leon

TNT
What about an honnor system that identifies how much player kills you have and an indicator for if they kill players that are way lower lvl? Like maybe showing up above their heads if possible ?

Also maybe a more lore based map structure because rpg servers are really ramping up espically in factions

I really like the arena idea because it keeps the server more compettive keeping players on the grind. This could be made more beneficial with more customization within classes whether its specfic enchants, buffs, passives, or a better move set pool. Along with more distrubution of better loot or varity of loot in general because having one op type of armor really limits the players choice on how they want to address a battle.

I also think that the minigames might be a little extra. I feel it is a little out of the blue and really waters down what herocraft is as a server. The thing about minigames are that they could be quite harmful as well. If we look at league of legends for example, when they came out with urf everyone was always on that. One of the most fun minigames they could have invented, but after the minigame was over if you look at their statistics they lost the most amount of players. It seems as though most players left because they enjoyed the mini game mini game more that the actual game and this could become quite a problem for hc as well unless you guys want to focus on minigames. Servers have a focus like specfic minigame servers or factions servers or rpg servers ir even skyblock servers but when it becomes mucky i feel its like hard for new people to become attached.

These are just some points I would like to add hope it helps if not then im sorry.
-224leon

Ok, so the only thing im concerned about is about death chests. Losing your armor and weapons can be extremely difficult to recover from when you are a new player and dont have extra coffers just laying about, often meaning that you have to drop down a tier pve to get gear before you can properly fight the bosses to get gear at your level. Are there any plans for players that die to keep their armor, offhand or mainhand?

I would like to point out something which I tested with smash a few days ago. I noticed combat between players was dragging on much longer than it should... this goes beyond normal balance issues between classes, to the point where combats can easily last >10 minutes.
We broke out the calculators to see if damage values, armor, and attributes are working as intended... the results were suprsing. On test, we were able to get really close to the values we are supposed to see (aside from a possible mix up between percent damage blocked and block chance percentages). Ex, we got ~11.7% damage blocked per piece when it said 12%.
On test, combat seems engaging and fast paced, and although I understand this is a subjective thing to say, I have mastered and played all of the classes on herocraft in pvp at one time or another, and so I feel like I know how they “should” behave. I can take down paladins as a runeblade, in less than a minute on test.
Live is a different fucking story. Damage is lower than test, drastically, either that or armor is blocking more of incoming damage. A LOT more. We weren’t able to get any consistent results that made since. Shit is wacked out. I wish I could say what, exactly, but me and smash spent hours trying to pinpoint the issue with no luck. I encourage anyone to try and replicate this expirement...

I was so frustrated that I took a few days off after that. Lol. The pvp server cannot have this issue, or it will be unplayable, so it needs to be sorted out or otherwise copied from test.

Nemean, I am a big supporter of negative feedback loops, and risk, as a part of the server...
better for the economy, for player interaction, and makes reaching the top of the totem pole that much sweeter...

Having said that I would support a system where a held item and armor are kept. I discussed an idea with church, where armor could somehow be rendered into a ‘broken’ state from durability damage, without actually breaking. Think like how in old WoW, gear lost stats as it took durability damage, until repaired.
This would allow us to seriously damage gear on death, leaving it with the player on death, but prevent having someone run out of the graveyard back into the fray like ten times...

It would also make Smiths much more valuable