• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bountys

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
What Joshtsai is trying to say is that with a full pvp map people won't actively seek noobs out to kill, they would be looking for better targets. They would look for those pople that also have a clan and town at their back in hopes of getting a team fight. In light of what most people think most pvpers would prefer seeking out team fights then hunting down and ganking some brand new player. I also remember back in Bastion there were good and evil towns. The good towns would only kill the pvpers hunting down noobs and evil towns and the evil towns would hunt and kill anybody. The reason so many noobs are being bountied and killed is because there isn't another reliable source of pvp.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
What Joshtsai is trying to say is that with a full pvp map people won't actively seek noobs out to kill, they would be looking for better targets. They would look for those pople that also have a clan and town at their back in hopes of getting a team fight. In light of what most people think most pvpers would prefer seeking out team fights then hunting down and ganking some brand new player. I also remember back in Bastion there were good and evil towns. The good towns would only kill the pvpers hunting down noobs and evil towns and the evil towns would hunt and kill anybody. The reason so many noobs are being bountied and killed is because there isn't another reliable source of pvp.
Okay I understand this and I am not arguing against you but if the desperate pvp players want pvp, why attack someone that either doesn't know, has little to no experience, or is completely unable to even have a small chance of winning? Its like wanting to eat an apple fresh from a tree but you can't get it so you eat a piece of the tree's bark or a leaf.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Okay I understand this and I am not arguing against you but if the desperate pvp players want pvp, why attack someone that either doesn't know, has little to no experience, or is completely unable to even have a small chance of winning? Its like wanting to eat an apple fresh from a tree but you can't get it so you eat a piece of the tree's bark or a leaf.
Best metaphor NA, Im always hungry for somE bark and leaves

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2

We(I'm saying we as in WTR pretty much the only active pvp clan) are picking any of the apples that we can get our hands on. Sadly the only apples that have bloomed are the long hanging fruit. Perhaps the more delicious apples at the top of the tree will decide to bloom.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Herocraft is an Apple Tree, Noobs are the bark and leaves while the cream of the crop are the mastered players that know what they are doing. We as pvpers try to find these apples but they are always hidden away in boxes, so we are stuck with the leaves and bark that are left behind.
WE ARE THE PVPERS AND WE SAY COME OUT OF THOSE BOXES AND FEED US.
apple-tree.jpg

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
I'm going with the PvPers side, although I'm bad at it. I was a very, very active user back in Haven, which was full-PvP before they added a PvE map and royally killed off a BIG majority of PvPers. I mean, hell, this IS a HARDCORE server, you kill or be killed.

Imma share my story:
When I started back in Haven, I had absolutely no one to help me out, I simply went through the tutorial and started on my own. Back then we had to get Lost Soul to level 30, and pay 250s for a class and profession. I roamed the world near and far, and finally settled at a definite place to grind mobs. Later on I talked with newbies and we formed a pretty good friendship bond, built an aesthetic mini-town with Residences, and played together for nearly 24/7. Now, me and my little group never got targetted by ANY SINGLE PvPer, until one day I goofed up and let one in, which he constantly camped, but we never cried about it, we took action and hired someone to take care of it, playername confidential. When me and my friend bunch finally mastered our respective classes, hell, they backed off and brought more. Well, we brought more too and started fun, adrenaline-pumping teamfights. Later on, we went on an expedition and created our own town, to which NO ONE bothered to attack us at all, until we fully developed our town with walls. After which, we had some fun fights in and out of town, created an alliance with the nearby towns, and just had fun teamfighting. We had traitors which ultimately led to our town's downfall, and that's where I joined good old Aetherius Dominion, specifically, the lore-wise military town of the kingdom, Sentinel (not to be confused with Valorium's Sentinel). Here was where I had the most damn fun of my life, having massive teamfights and small skirmishes here and there (even though I'd end up dying everytime cause I had a shitty laptop before). Until the day PvE world was released. PvPer population crashed down so bad, we barely even fought, and it got just plain boring. I ended up giving away EVERYTHING valuable I had for free at the Trade District, from Crystal Katanas to Codices/Codexes. There, ended my Herocraft life with the map reset to Aegis.

Point I'm making: Please make Valorium full-PvP, as you see from my experience, newbie life isn't as bad until you fuck up and get beguiled by PvPers disguising to help you out in something. Even then, it encourages friendship building, teaming, trust in your townmates/teammates/friends, and teamwork. Plus it's hella more fun, trust me.

Sorry if storytelling got off topic, I just wanted to voice out my thoughts too. My experience serves as a legacy proof that if Valorium were to be all-PvP, PvPers won't bother to find newbies, but rather targets their level, reduce the saltiness of those who are leveling, and probably, cure all the problems HC has today.

Last edited:

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm going with the PvPers side, although I'm bad at it. I was a very, very active user back in Haven, which was full-PvP before they added a PvE map and royally killed off a BIG majority of PvPers. I mean, hell, this IS a HARDCORE server, you kill or be killed.

Imma share my story:
When I started back in Haven, I had absolutely no one to help me out, I simply went through the tutorial and started on my own. Back then we had to get Lost Soul to level 30, and pay 250s for a class and profession. I roamed the world near and far, and finally settled at a definite place to grind mobs. Later on I talked with newbies and we formed a pretty good friendship bond, built an aesthetic mini-town with Residences, and played together for nearly 24/7. Now, me and my little group never got targetted by ANY SINGLE PvPer, until one day I goofed up and let one in, which he constantly camped, but we never cried about it, we took action and hired someone to take care of it, playername confidential. When me and my friend bunch finally mastered our respective classes, hell, they backed off and brought more. Well, we brought more too and started fun, adrenaline-pumping teamfights. Later on, we went on an expedition and created our own town, to which NO ONE bothered to attack us at all, until we fully developed our town with walls. After which, we had some fun fights in and out of town, created an alliance with the nearby towns, and just had fun teamfighting. We had traitors which ultimately led to our town's downfall, and that's where I joined good old Aetherius Dominion, specifically, the lore-wise military town of the kingdom, Sentinel (not to be confused with Valorium's Sentinel). Here was where I had the most damn fun of my life, having massive teamfights and small skirmishes here and there (even though I'd end up dying everytime cause I had a shitty laptop before). Until the day PvE world was released. PvPer population crashed down so bad, we barely even fought, and it got just plain boring. I ended up giving away EVERYTHING valuable I had for free at the Trade District, from Crystal Katanas to Codices/Codexes. There, ended my Herocraft life with the map reset to Aegis.

Point I'm making: Please make Valorium full-PvP, as you see from my experience, newbie life isn't as bad until you fuck up and get beguiled by PvPers disguising to help you out in something. Even then, it encourages friendship building, teaming, trust in your townmates/teammates/friends, and teamwork. Plus it's hella more fun, trust me.

Sorry if storytelling got off topic, I just wanted to voice out my thoughts too. My experience serves as a legacy proof that if Valorium were to be all-PvP, PvPers won't bother to find newbies, but rather targets their level, reduce the saltiness of those who are leveling, and probably, cure all the problems HC has today.

Thats amazing, I love reading stories like that! Wish I was less of a cave-hiding bitch during those times. Anyway, so, I can pretty much tell that most players on hc would ADORE having a time like this on the server, teamfights, sieges, heck doesnt it sound exciting?!

I'd love to see it on this map, but that just wont work with pve. Yes, I do love me some safe quality time with building, but pve just makes the server seem like another peacefull towny server. It would be amazing t0 have massive team battles and raids, thats what people like! Bring back that hardcore element in the game and people will love it! Maybe give entirely new players a temporary pvp shield so they get time to run off into the wilds, without getting stabbed as soon as they stray off the road.
The pvp'ers would stop their search for the slightest bits of fighting left on the server, and we could all have a good time.

Now I know most pve players wont like my words on this, but are you sure you'd rather want your life of simply growing weeds outside your 4 man town, or fight besides your townmates to claim valorium as yours!
Build your forts and moats, your houses and boats, Pvp is what we need in order to get back on track!

Last edited:

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Thats amazing, I love reading stories like that! Wish I was less of a cave-hiding bitch during those times. Anyway, so, I can pretty much tell that most players on hc would ADORE having a time like this on the server, teamfights, sieges, heck doesnt it sound exciting?!

I'd love to see it on this map, but that just wont work with pve. Yes, I do love me some safe quality time with building, but pve just makes the server seem like another peacefull towny server. It would be amazing t0 have massive team battles and raids, thats what people like! Bring back that hardcore element in the game and people will love it! Maybe give entirely new players a temporary pvp shield so they get time to run off into the wilds, without getting stabbed as soon as they stray off the road.
The pvp'ers would stop their search for the slightest bits of fighting left on the server, and we could all have a good time.

Now I know most pve players wont like my words on this, but are you sure you'd rather want your life of simply growing weeds outside your 4 man town, or fight besides your townmates to claim valorium as yours!
Build your forts and your moats, your houses and boats, Pvp is what we need in order to get back on track!
you can't craft boats noob

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
War is kind of a cool option imo. If the whole map was something like 5 hours war 1 hour (or 4 and 2) of peace people could have that window to level, fortify, and regroup during peace. I know alot of you want 100% pvp all the time nonstop, but not everyone. I think 4 (even 8 tbh) hours of pve a day is doable. This would cater to both parties.