• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bountys

Whenever anyone feels conflicted or uncomfortable, usually PvErs by PvPers, and the said PvErs call out the person being indecent or offensive its an automatic bounty and constantly hunted by several bounty hunters, usually all found in the same clan. Once you are killed, i for one, have had verbal abuse thrown towards me. Its always PvPers vs PvErs and you can imagine how fair that is. War is just an opportunity to boost peoples egos as well as their KDR and bounties are helping PvPers get away with being dicks to people. I don't know what you can do to sort out the pretty messed up community that is coming from PvPing clans but i hope something atleast is done.

you know what i think the problem is, the KDR, pvp is fine but the KDR is just a way to build up your ego, it would be nice if it was purely pvp not something you have to do, it should be something you enjoy doing.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
you know what i think the problem is, the KDR, pvp is fine but the KDR is just a way to build up your ego, it would be nice if it was purely pvp not something you have to do, it should be something you enjoy doing.
I agree fuck kdr, bring back ELO 2k15 and karma

Also agree with Flamingo, the main reason this is happening is that 2 kills on a new player counts as much as 1 kill on an expierenced pvp enemy player. Bringing back the elo, if a new player gets killed 2 or 3 times, would give 0 elo to pvpers.

There are other ways to improve the bounty system to discourage pvpers to place bountys on new player just to get kdr. But it would never solve the kdr pvp system, that is the main problem.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I can't take this seriously because the title of the post isn't spelled correctly

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Kainzo confirmed in O chat what he wants to opt out for is to extend war time to two hours, and take away worldwide pvp on bounties. Looks like the voices of PvE have been heard over this.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Kainzo confirmed in O chat what he wants to opt out for is to extend war time to two hours, and take away worldwide pvp on bounties. Looks like the voices of PvE have been heard over this.
Light why dont you just get him to remove heroes too, also your so salty for being a guide i mean what type of guide rages and gets muted, one that does not deserve guide

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Light why dont you just get him to remove heroes too, also your so salty for being a guide i mean what type of guide rages and gets muted, one that does not deserve guide
He kept spelling it like Bountys in PMs too it was fucking hilarious, he tried to tell me he did it on purpose but lmfao xD

When I was PMing him he actually thought that he was like the almighty lord and saviour of HC and was he was the one getting stuff done for PvEwhich ruined the server, such a joke.
I would appreciate if you didn't bash Light, or try to judge who does or doesn't deserve guide.
Keep you noses out of business that isn't yours.

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm sorry, but this is rediculous.

Pve is here for those who want to play the game in peace, but that's not what they do.
I would just stick to pve and simply keep my mouth shut about it. instead, some people just start annoying other players in chat.
People would get angry, and place a bounty.
Im not gonna call any names on this, but certain ppl are just annoying as FUCK, this gives people the desire find, and kill those players, as a sign of satisfaction.

If you're standing at the central outpost with your friends, and as soon a pvper enters the fray, you just jump down back into the safezone and start laughing at them, how can you expect the pvper not to be somewhat salty? Same goes for just stealing people's mob kills in dungeons and trolling them about it.

It's not like every pve player gets targeted, its just the ones that piss others off.

spiralz

Obsidian
Yeah, before the cd on being bountied was re-introduced, bounties were a bit abused and, yes, it is because PvP is hard to find. What would fix it all, though, would be full-map pvp. "What, no way!" you'd say, and I can understand, but the reason is: If the whole map was pvp, pvp wouldn't be such a big deal. PvE'rs are targeted because they are PvE'rs, but if there were no more PvE, this would no longer be a problem and players being targeted would become more situational (such as shit-talking in chat).

Story time:
When I first started this server on Bastion (full-pvp), I too was afraid of being murdered, and mainly stayed inside the awesome giant town I was in (Newerth). But when Haven (full-pvp, later a separate PvE world came) rolled around, I became Disciple and built a sexy unprotected tower near spawn where I kept my belongings at the top and had doors in the middle inside so I could hear if any players were sneaking up. If a player did manage to get up, I'd Forcepush them right the fuck off my tower and it was amazing. Sometimes players did get to me and I was killed, but it was all in good fun and nothing a quick trip back from the GY couldn't handle (even in full-pvp map, camping didnt seem as common to me then as it does now). Eventually I decided to build up my own town (Wyndham) with big walls to live inside and had several cool active townies. Since the whole map was PvP, no certain players were targeted and we were mostly left alone while building the town up and such. Later on when the town was pretty well developed, some hostile players would make their way inside and playing cat-and-mouse within my town's walls was quite fun! Sometimes they'd even retreat and it was a good feeling when we were able to drive them off. We hardly ever hid away because feeling like we needed to defend town gave us a purpose to go fight back (and a GY was right outside ;] ). That's just my experience from past maps. Having full-pvp map was a lot of fun and no one ever complained about 'PvE' because there wasn't a PvE.

Now that I think about it, there really was never OP enchanted armor/weapons, which is probably partly why we didn't mind dying because our simple armor and weapons could easily be replaced. Nowadays people are afraid to lose durability on their good gear so they really don't want to die.

Sorry if this got a biiiiit off-topic, I just felt maybe sharing my past experience could give some insight, but I could be wrong.
Thanks for reading :D

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
What bounties should be used for - someone steals your stuff, bounty them as outlaws!

What they are currently used for - "Damn, we have no PvP atm... Let's bounty every pver in chat and expect PvP from it, when they can't really fight back against the pack of four+ people comeing after them."

New classes just make this even worse. No pvers that I know of have the ultra class, yet 2-4 PvPers have it from the get-go. Now any reason to fight is gone, as good luck killing 2 grandmasters at once with any number of people at once that is not 10+

@Kainzo ffs fix bounties please.
I've never seen pvers bounty eachother, btw, unless they actualy did something wrong. Talking in chat should not net you a valid reason to log off. That's what's driving people away. War is fine, but when people live in PvE, it's to NOT be randomly attacked.

I will bet money the people who comment negitivly on this will be all the PvPers, because they don't want to grow bored.

Oh, what's the suggestion?

Fix this shit please. For reasons above. I don't know or care how, just please.
Let's turn the map to full PvP then :D
I mean we did have more players when it was full PvP
I do agree the new ult class is completely dumb though. 25%-30% more op my ass. It's 50% more op lmao

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Story time:
When I first started this server on Bastion (full-pvp), I too was afraid of being murdered, and mainly stayed inside the awesome giant town I was in (Newerth). But when Haven (full-pvp, later a separate PvE world came) rolled around, I became Disciple and built a sexy unprotected tower near spawn where I kept my belongings at the top and had doors in the middle inside so I could hear if any players were sneaking up. If a player did manage to get up, I'd Forcepush them right the fuck off my tower and it was amazing. Sometimes players did get to me and I was killed, but it was all in good fun and nothing a quick trip back from the GY couldn't handle (even in full-pvp map, camping didnt seem as common to me then as it does now). Eventually I decided to build up my own town (Wyndham) with big walls to live inside and had several cool active townies. Since the whole map was PvP, no certain players were targeted and we were mostly left alone while building the town up and such. Later on when the town was pretty well developed, some hostile players would make their way inside and playing cat-and-mouse within my town's walls was quite fun! Sometimes they'd even retreat and it was a good feeling when we were able to drive them off. We hardly ever hid away because feeling like we needed to defend town gave us a purpose to go fight back (and a GY was right outside ;] ). That's just my experience from past maps. Having full-pvp map was a lot of fun and no one ever complained about 'PvE' because there wasn't a PvE.

Now that I think about it, there really was never OP enchanted armor/weapons, which is probably partly why we didn't mind dying because our simple armor and weapons could easily be replaced. Nowadays people are afraid to lose durability on their good gear so they really don't want to die.

Sorry if this got a biiiiit off-topic, I just felt maybe sharing my past experience could give some insight, but I could be wrong.
Thanks for reading :D

This is right on point. That experience is pretty much what everyone had back on the older maps(I never played Haven or Ageis so I can't say anything about that). I remember Newerth, they recruited people like no other and was probably the most populous town on the whole server. It was pretty much noob central. But the big PvPer's never went there to kill people. Instead places like Umbra, LO Swamp, and Freeper Mansion were the hot spots for pvp. Graveyard camping was a thing back in Bastion, but it was more along the lines of letting people gear up first and continuing the team fight. This isn't what the server is today. Why is this? Because the Pve'ers today really do have a big mouth. They like to hide and taunt the people who can't kill them. Then when they can be killed, they complain about how pvp'ers are bullies and continue to talk shit in chat. I think this problem can be fixed by doing away with the war system, and making the map full PvP all the time. This is a hardcore sever. People should fear for their lives on this server. We aren't here to hand hold and have helicopter rules that protect people and their precious little souls. Hero's wasn't designed to hit Wither skills for 8 hours a day gaining levels. Hero's is designed to be a complex system of skills and abilities used to gain mastery and learn how to play classes. There is no possible way you can learn how to play classes via pve alone. A whole team(balance) is dedicated to making sure no class is more powerful than the others. Why would you need balance, or skills in general if all you're going to do is play in pie.

But enough tangent and back to the bounty system. Back in the day no one ever used the bounty system. Like ever. Now on this map people use it all the time, to get ride of annoying players or to incite a little bit of pop action. I stand by the decision that if the map were to go full pvp, bounties won't be abused, and noobs won't be camped for hours on end.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
This is right on point. That experience is pretty much what everyone had back on the older maps(I never played Haven or Ageis so I can't say anything about that). I remember Newerth, they recruited people like no other and was probably the most populous town on the whole server. It was pretty much noob central. But the big PvPer's never went there to kill people. Instead places like Umbra, LO Swamp, and Freeper Mansion were the hot spots for pvp. Graveyard camping was a thing back in Bastion, but it was more along the lines of letting people gear up first and continuing the team fight. This isn't what the server is today. Why is this? Because the Pve'ers today really do have a big mouth. They like to hide and taunt the people who can't kill them. Then when they can be killed, they complain about how pvp'ers are bullies and continue to talk shit in chat. I think this problem can be fixed by doing away with the war system, and making the map full PvP all the time. This is a hardcore sever. People should fear for their lives on this server. We aren't here to hand hold and have helicopter rules that protect people and their precious little souls. Hero's wasn't designed to hit Wither skills for 8 hours a day gaining levels. Hero's is designed to be a complex system of skills and abilities used to gain mastery and learn how to play classes. There is no possible way you can learn how to play classes via pve alone. A whole team(balance) is dedicated to making sure no class is more powerful than the others. Why would you need balance, or skills in general if all you're going to do is play in pie.

But enough tangent and back to the bounty system. Back in the day no one ever used the bounty system. Like ever. Now on this map people use it all the time, to get ride of annoying players or to incite a little bit of pop action. I stand by the decision that if the map were to go full pvp, bounties won't be abused, and noobs won't be camped for hours on end.
I'd have to disagree. Just because bounties are not abused doesn't mean that pvp won't be abused.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I'd have to disagree. Just because bounties are not abused doesn't mean that pvp won't be abused.

How does one "abuse" pvp? Pvp and death is central to the server. This server isn't a, run around alone without a town or clan supporting you, type of server. People are killed because they have no defense, i.e. high skill level or a town with people who are more experienced to protect them.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
How does one "abuse" pvp? Pvp and death is central to the server. This server isn't a, run around alone without a town or clan supporting you, type of server. People are killed because they have no defense, i.e. high skill level or a town with people who are more experienced to protect them.
Well I happen to fit that role quite well. I suck at pvp, I base myself in pve, I have no town or clan that actually protects me or my stuff.

What I mean by abuse is that because of bounties and pve, no player is always available to be killed, including noobs mentioned previously. That is the only reason new players can't (at least all the time) be targeted by pvpers.