• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bountys

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
What bounties should be used for - someone steals your stuff, bounty them as outlaws!

What they are currently used for - "Damn, we have no PvP atm... Let's bounty every pver in chat and expect PvP from it, when they can't really fight back against the pack of four+ people comeing after them."

New classes just make this even worse. No pvers that I know of have the ultra class, yet 2-4 PvPers have it from the get-go. Now any reason to fight is gone, as good luck killing 2 grandmasters at once with any number of people at once that is not 10+

@Kainzo ffs fix bounties please.
I've never seen pvers bounty eachother, btw, unless they actualy did something wrong. Talking in chat should not net you a valid reason to log off. That's what's driving people away. War is fine, but when people live in PvE, it's to NOT be randomly attacked.

I will bet money the people who comment negitivly on this will be all the PvPers, because they don't want to grow bored.

Oh, what's the suggestion?

Fix this shit please. For reasons above. I don't know or care how, just please.

Last edited:

Geooo

Iron
Whenever anyone feels conflicted or uncomfortable, usually PvErs by PvPers, and the said PvErs call out the person being indecent or offensive its an automatic bounty and constantly hunted by several bounty hunters, usually all found in the same clan. Once you are killed, i for one, have had verbal abuse thrown towards me. Its always PvPers vs PvErs and you can imagine how fair that is. War is just an opportunity to boost peoples egos as well as their KDR and bounties are helping PvPers get away with being dicks to people. I don't know what you can do to sort out the pretty messed up community that is coming from PvPing clans but i hope something atleast is done.

JacobBurkey

Portal
I don't want to get started on this stupid shit again because it's the same two sided argument every single time of PvErs crying how they should be left alone and not have to deal with PvPers. There is no open world team fighting or any pvp for that matter. The only PvP is finding people anywhere on the map, even if that means on the PvE side, because that's the only place people are. Obviously being one-sided here, but PvE honestly ruined everything. I remember when PvP was fun and people loved to group and have giant team fights or little skirmishes here and there. Towns encouraged recruiting to get members and help new players learn the classes and teach them how to PvP. Towns were also so good looking back then and now they're just ugly boxes used for storage. Now it's just every man for themselves and only little groups that come on the server that team up together. Now it's just grind grind grind, buy exp boost, grind grind grind, and now with these new poorly put together classes it's just some more grind, buying exp boosts and for some reason tomes are available to be bought in the store and have an extremely low drop rate or so I've heard. Oh well so much for not getting involved.

On topic: Bounties*..not Bountys don't need to be fixed, there's nothing wrong with them. If you're tired of being killed do something about it and don't cry. Team up with others and fight back. Make a plan, do something, coming on the forums and crying doesn't help at all.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I don't want to get started on this stupid shit again because it's the same two sided argument every single time of PvErs crying how they should be left alone and not have to deal with PvPers. There is no open world team fighting or any pvp for that matter. The only PvP is finding people anywhere on the map, even if that means on the PvE side, because that's the only place people are. Obviously being one-sided here, but PvE honestly ruined everything. I remember when PvP was fun and people loved to group and have giant team fights or little skirmishes here and there. Towns encouraged recruiting to get members and help new players learn the classes and teach them how to PvP. Towns were also so good looking back then and now they're just ugly boxes used for storage. Now it's just every man for themselves and only little groups that come on the server that team up together. Now it's just grind grind grind, buy exp boost, grind grind grind, and now with these new poorly put together classes it's just some more grind, buying exp boosts and for some reason tomes are available to be bought in the store and have an extremely low drop rate or so I've heard. Oh well so much for not getting involved.

On topic: Bounties*..not Bountys don't need to be fixed, there's nothing wrong with them. If you're tired of being killed do something about it and don't cry. Team up with others and fight back. Make a plan, do something, coming on the forums and crying doesn't help at all.
#money, thats why everything is in the store, since all the pvpers left no one buys boosts so to get a class you have to buy tomes pretty much.
Also totally agree with you, everyone talks about how all the pvers would leave if it was all pvp again, maj of pvers are new and do not know that, fuck i mean i was not a pvper until haven, bastion i was just whatever i got camped since i was a noob but i grew to love pvp, i mean anyone can learn to love pvp, just look at cheekys town (used to at least) come out in 5 man parties even if they did die and would pvp

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
only way i can think to solve that is to increase the difference between the amount of money the bounty costs and the amount of money you get when you kill the player.

Maybe a 100souls fee +10% to place the bounty

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Just to be clear, war is fine. I even think it's a great thing. Getting a bounty you log on is not a great thing. I've had TWELVE new townmates quit from that.

Imo, just remove the plugin. If PvP wants to kill PvE, they can wait until war starts. If you wana get revenge on someone, hire your own private bountyhunter and get them to go after someone during war. Don't have this magic plugin where people with big pockets can make anyone PvP over the entire map until they die, then just do it again.

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Just to be clear, war is fine. I even think it's a great thing. Getting a bounty you log on is not a great thing. I've had TWELVE new townmates quit from that.

Imo, just remove the plugin. If PvP wants to kill PvE, they can wait until war starts. If you wana get revenge on someone, hire your own private bountyhunter and get them to go after someone during war. Don't have this magic plugin where people with big pockets can make anyone PvP over the entire map until they die, then just do it again.
I don't agree with removing the plugin as a whole, but the CD should be longer on bounties. At this point, i've seen a lot of new players quit from getting bountied 24/7 by players with rather deep pockets and nothing else to do, and it's a problem. At the same time, bounties provide a unique sense of cat and mouse pvp that can be entertaining for those who are able to defend themselves. But this current meta of 2v1, 3v1, and 9v2's is just complete nonesense, that isn't pvp.

I think you entered the topic close minded to what he's actually saying, @JacobBurkey. You and I will never see eye to eye on some things, but he's referring to very new players quitting because they get constantly bountied before they have a chance to even be able to assemble a squad. This isn't about whining about bounties on old players, it's about new players quitting due to bounties being constantly placed on them for easy kills and KDR. That's the trouble with the current bounty system, new players get a 2 hour break before they're hunted again. In my opinion, there should be a longer cooldown on bounties (possibly 12hrs). That would be a huge help.

JacobBurkey

Portal
I think you entered the topic close minded to what he's actually saying, @JacobBurkey. You and I will never see eye to eye on some things, but he's referring to very new players quitting because they get constantly bountied before they have a chance to even be able to assemble a squad. This isn't about whining about bounties on old players, it's about new players quitting due to bounties being constantly placed on them for easy kills and KDR. That's the trouble with the current bounty system, new players get a 2 hour break before they're hunted again. In my opinion, there should be a longer cooldown on bounties (possibly 12hrs). That would be a huge help.
Yes I did enter the topic close minded, which was my point. This is basically another PvP vs PvE just with bounties. Yes some players get bountied over and over, but instead of crying about it, people need to do something about it and figure out what to do. Funny thing is, i'm one of these players who gets bountied all the time and you don't see me crying about it. Yes I know I'm not a new player like you guys are referring to, but the point I'm trying to get across is that they shouldn't cry about a bounty they should do something about it like finding a town or group that can protect them or help them level up and be able to fight back.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes I did enter the topic close minded, which was my point. This is basically another PvP vs PvE just with bounties. Yes some players get bountied over and over, but instead of crying about it, people need to do something about it and figure out what to do. Funny thing is, i'm one of these players who gets bountied all the time and you don't see me crying about it. Yes I know I'm not a new player like you guys are referring to, but the point I'm trying to get across is that they shouldn't cry about a bounty they should do something about it like finding a town or group that can protect them or help them level up and be able to fight back.
The thing is they can't even do that! They're bountied so much that they can't level. Yeah, they can get a town to protect them, but they still make no progress. This isn't about the strong crushing the weak, this is about keeping the server alive. I mean yeah, you have to pick yourself up from time to time, but with so many new players joining, and quitting just as soon, the server is only surviving on a few die hard members like you, me, Light, and several others, and that can present some problems. Things like this, among other things, such as the god awful community (at some moments, not all the time), and the server's learning curve, which currently has no instructions that simplify it, on how to do so.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
What needs to happen is instead of having 5-10 pages of bounties that can be accepted at any given time there should be only 1 page that can be accepted. The rest will be set in queue based on the bounty price. To bump a person to the first page you up the bounty over someone on the first page (or kill the people with higher bounties first.) This will help fight blanket bountying.

JacobBurkey

Portal
What needs to happen is instead of having 5-10 pages of bounties that can be accepted at any given time there should be only 1 page that can be accepted. The rest will be set in queue based on the bounty price. To bump a person to the first page you up the bounty over someone on the first page (or kill the people with higher bounties first.) This will help fight blanket bountying.
What are you even talking about, there's never ever been 5-10 pages lol.
The thing is they can't even do that! They're bountied so much that they can't level. Yeah, they can get a town to protect them, but they still make no progress. This isn't about the strong crushing the weak, this is about keeping the server alive. I mean yeah, you have to pick yourself up from time to time, but with so many new players joining, and quitting just as soon, the server is only surviving on a few die hard members like you, me, Light, and several others, and that can present some problems. Things like this, among other things, such as the god awful community (at some moments, not all the time), and the server's learning curve, which currently has no instructions that simplify it, on how to do so.
Well sadly keeping the server alive and healthy with PvP honestly isn't possible anymore. It's been turned into a grind and building useless towns now. All the PvPers are gone, and like you said, only a few active vets stay and a low income of new players who either stay or they don't. (I'm not a die hard member like you said..just playing because a friend wanted to tbh lol.) Unless the server changes, there's never going to be the number of players like there used to be. There's a reason why everyone left when PvE and other things that killed PvP were introduced. It wasn't due to boredom or anything else, and there's nothing that wont convince me that PvE honestly ruined the server.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
These posts just turn into another PvE vs. PvP debate, I would be fine if the bounty plugin was changed back to it's original form, but only if the map went full back PvP and town wars actually worked
It's a two-way streak, I've had a bounty for almost an entire month because as soon as it is taken another is added. I freely still do what I want on the server, even when none of my friends are on. it's not just the PvP community that's toxic- I've talked to many of these "toxic" players they all have VALID reasons that they kill people. Whether it be they just want you to leave their dungeon, or you just flat out annoy them there are reasons. I agree with Jacob, there is one thing that you can see from the last maps. When pve was brought in the server population declined by HUGE numbers.

I've had PvE players harass me from the absolute safety of their homes. This server used to be thought of "hardcore" and I still think there are sparks of it now and then, but I can't tell you with a straight face that PvE had a good impact on the community. It's just split the community

Fecalwizard

Stone
I agree with Light's post 100%. I've only been on the server for a week or so but I've been bountied about 12 or so times. I nearly quit the server on my third day due to the immense amount of times that I would get bountied. @Jreems actually told me that he could bounty me 3 times a day for a year and I nearly cried because he said that. Ever since then I've become extremely quiet in /ch o chat and if I want to get a message across to someone I usually PM them or use teamspeak. Please fix this bounty problem somehow, it really isn't 'pve' if you're constantly being killed by noobhunters.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
You're never meant to be 100% safe on Herocraft. There is no such thing as a perfect system, but ideas and opinions are ALWAYS welcome. We're working on systems and concepts to increase PvP, without turning new/PvE focused players into lambs for the slaughter. We've got some really promising systems on the horizon, but I could see some balance being helpful when in reference to bounties. That being said, we want to INCREASE PvP throughout Herocraft, and will continue to try and accomplish this with a focus on protecting the noobs as they learn/level.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
My issue is that the new Chaos/Order classes far outperform anything new players can muster. Before if you have 4-5 people at lvl 30-35 you were pretty much safe unless a full party of Masters attacked, even against T2 classes. Now with Chaos/Order being 30% better than T2 (Which were already better) a new player, even with a town, won't stand much of a chance.

3 lvl 10's vs 1 GM would be disastrous for the new players. Unless the GM was terrible at PvP or using a trackpad they would dominate the others. Also Tourneys are gonna turn into who has more of these classes with maybe 1 or 2 T2 classes for utility (Maybe not, I don't know all of Orders skills).

joshua624

Coal
Can the new classes attack first when going after bounties? Also can they attack first in war-zones or is it always the case where they have to wait to be attacked?

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
In non-pvp situations, they can be attacked. They can't PvP tag players in non-pvp zones, only the reverse..

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Can the new classes attack first when going after bounties? Also can they attack first in war-zones or is it always the case where they have to wait to be attacked?
If the other person has a bounty they can attack them anywhere.
Bounty = You can be attacked anywhere
Chaos/Order Class = You can be attacked aynwhere

Jreems

Legacy Supporter 8
The system is perfectly fine, make friends and get a group. the CD of bountying is high enough. We ALL go through and have gone through this. No reason to cry about it @ALLOFYOU

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Everyone's entitled to their opinions, it's nice when they are constructive too. :p