• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bounty Trolls

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Apparently some of the Tree Creepers and perhaps Freepers guilds/group of people got together late one night/early morning and placed a 3600 coin bounty on one of their own members and then lured a bunch of people out by spamming their coordinates in offtopic chat. After about a dozen people showed up they take off north road and started as a group, then killed everyone that wasnt with them. Also, they removed the bounty before anyone even had a chance to claim it.

For this reason and others that are similar and for every foreseeable and unforseeable reason I would like to suggest the ability to remove a bounty should be taken very seriously, with a 48 to 96 hour time limit before you can remove a bounty you just placed. This would or could easily be done by adding a /confirm bounty option when people place one -- also this would let people know what the minimum bounty is when they try to type /bounty new player amount because right now there isn't any "information" inside the game to tell you the minimum limit is 200c until you try it. Also there's no confirming it - I don't think.

"Are you sure you want to place a bounty on Player_Name for Amount? This cannot be revoked for 48 hours!"

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Also I think bounty's should have the name of who placed it. All bounty notices from the real world tell you who is after that person so it's only fair to know who's asking for your head. As well, it's only fair to know who you're
"working for" as a bounty hunter, or bounty hunting guild. People pay money to even accept bounties.. If someone is abusing the bounty system we could know who it is if we knew who was placing bounties to begin with. This means that we could refuse to accept a bounty on someone's head because of who placed it -- such as them trolling us and they're just going to remove it once we show up.

^
This should be taken very seriously, it's being an asshole in general, and other things. I would personally consider this a form of griefing other players until it is fixed or something is done about it. There's no reward in going to kill some people for a bounty when it's a trap just to lure people into unfair/imba PVP situations -- and the reward being denied/removed even if you win and kill the people trying to troll you or anyone for that matter.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree, really annoying running around after that guy with 3.6K bounty on him, then his friend removed it when he was about to die -.-

malmenca

Diamond
Trolling? Or baiting? The Tree Creepers are Master baiters so you betta watch out.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
While I actually love the idea of trapping people like that, it's unfair to be able to remove the bounty. I'm all for adding a time limit for when it can be revoked.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
It wasn't a freeper or a tree creeper, it was the guys from OA. Don't give them credit for trolling they didn't do! xD

Also I agree with changing the bounty system in terms of removing bounties. But I don't like the idea of when putting the bounty on, the bounty placer is shown. That should definitely just stay secret unless the player wants to reveal himself in offtopic or something

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i agree with this to a point.. the name shouldn't be revealed until that bounty is collected.
Bounties shouldn't be allowed to be removed so quickly, needs at least a 12 hourish cant remove policy.

As well as RANDOM bounties... server should go and place 200c bounty on say player who happens to have 5 kill streak, etc as an example.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
what if your last 5 kills were on unspecced players a bounty popped on your head ahahah

TwidgerMC

Glowing Redstone
I placed the bounty, and no, I'm not from the Troll Creepers or the Freepers, I'm from OA.

If you check the logs, I said that Enact was being mean earlier to me, so I placed the bounty, but decided to remove it because I forgave him.

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
As well as RANDOM bounties... server should go and place 200c bounty on say player who happens to have 5 kill streak, etc as an example.

Not to get totally offtopic, but I love this idea... The server should randomly place a few bounties everyday to provide more excitement, and something to do. Whether they are admin placed or server related, I think it would be a great way to enhance PvP and have fun.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think if you remove a placed bounty you should not get the whole sum of money back.
For instance a 1000c bounty gets placed on Player B by Player A
Player A removed bounty and only receives 800c of the bounty he placed.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think if you remove a placed bounty you should not get the whole sum of money back.
For instance a 1000c bounty gets placed on Player B by Player A
Player A removed bounty and only receives 800c of the bounty he placed.
we can make that happen where you dont get it all back. - We'll do that.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Not to get totally offtopic, but I love this idea... The server should randomly place a few bounties everyday to provide more excitement, and something to do. Whether they are admin placed or server related, I think it would be a great way to enhance PvP and have fun.
What I USED to do was:

If someone was being a troll, disrespectful, breaking minor rules, etc, I'd place a bounty of the lowest amount possible on that player. This was pretty fun. I should start doing that again to make things more interesting. It would not only give players that are behaving a little credit, but also act as a server cleanup in a way.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
We need more bounties anyway so yes to that!
What I USED to do was:

If someone was being a troll, disrespectful, breaking minor rules, etc, I'd place a bounty of the lowest amount possible on that player. This was pretty fun. I should start doing that again to make things more interesting. It would not only give players that are behaving a little credit, but also act as a server cleanup in a way.