• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bounty Trolls

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i agree to the randomness....

as for the d-bag players, bounty em, then put death ban on em.. 45 min per..

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I disagree with everything else said in the thread except for the limit for removing. Nearly every day or so a high bounty is placed and then removed before anyone can claim it. Joke bounties are placed all the time, and I don't even bother going after any bounties because I know they will be removed. Me and some of my friends used to actively hunt people with bounties for a while (last map) but since they are all removed as soon as we get close the person we don't bother.

The bounty system is useless as it is, because the actual bounties are overlooked on account of all the troll/joke bounties. I was gonna make a post the other day about this but forgot, so woo for other people thinking the same as me.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't understand where you are coming from? You gave up on bounty hunting because the system isn't rewarding enough, and you are against having Brutal place more legitimate bounties?

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with Brutal's idea, but I would also like to see that other "get a bounty for x killstreak" come active as well. As always, names should remain hidden of who places the bounties.

I also feel that the person who places the bounties should not be able to even remove the bounty, but would be able to hunt down their own bounty to get their money back if they wanted it so badly. That way they lose money by not recieving the full amount that they posted (posting fees), and they lose money by having to accept their own bounty.

That way someone dies for trolling and it lets the people who were near the bounty person know who was trolling and let them seek revenge on that person who ironically enough is right next to where the bounty person died.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
should be a way to track it too. so you could see if town member are circumventing the system or freinds are as well.
shouldnt be able to remove it for 12 hours. after that if no one is accepted it can be removed.
need random bounties, herocraft is hardcore, afterall, NO ONE IS SAFE.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Kalkyte, we should not need an admin to place bounties for us. If a player wants someone dead and they have some extra money, then they can place one. The problem is that even if Brutal was the one placing bounties, nobody wants to go after bounties if they think that it will be removed as soon as they get near the player.

If there is a limit to revoking placed bounties then people will go after them, more people will see their enemies die, and more people will place bounties. If Brutal places twenty bounties on random raiders that does not help solve the problem, there are simply more bounties in the list that you don't know if they will be removed any second even though they were placed ten minutes ago.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
admin is placing bounties on those that are being dicks in game, not to boost the bounty list.
If an admin placed a bounty only they would be able to remove it.

all they have to do is LIMIT time wise on player placed bounty removal.

12 hours is time enough to keep the revoked bounty issue from coming up.

they main issue is players think its funy or cool, or a status to post a 9k bounty on best buddy, or some one random in chat. and then revoke it 5 mins later.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Only they would be able to remove it, yes, but the players don't know who placed the bounty, neither should they. We just really need a limit. Then the next guy to place a 9k bounty will get a nice surprise when it says they cannot remove it, lol.

Anyway, off to read other threads now, hope to see a bounty revoking limit soon.

skyboy49707

Obsidian
Bounties make people pvp more. Ist that what herocraft is all about? Hardcore pvp. Bounties are there for players to have a chance to pvp people, which is why most people join herocraft. Besides hero's most join for hardcore pvp. With out bounties we would lose some of that pvpness.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Bounties make people pvp more. Ist that what herocraft is all about? Hardcore pvp. Bounties are there for players to have a chance to pvp people, which is why most people join herocraft. Besides hero's most join for hardcore pvp. With out bounties we would lose some of that pvpness.
It's about hardcore, not just about PVP. I didn't join to fight others day in and day out, I joined primarily to play Minecraft with other people. Fighting is a part of that but I never knew a person who picked up Minecraft for it's fighting system.

At any rate, delays on recalling your bounty, a confirmation message and only getting part of your bounty back seem like good sense to me, regardless of any shenanigans on the TC/FC/OA's part.

I love the idea of Brutal placing bounties on trolls.
Less sure about the killstreak one, though. But hey, if you can get a five-person killstreak, you should welcome the challenge of being bountied, right?

I kind of feel that if someone gets a killstreak and gets an auto-bounty on their head, it should expire after X hours. If they're good enough to evade their bounty for a certain amount of time, I think the bounty should be dropped.