• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bounties revamp.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bounties have been the same for almost 3 years. I figured it was time to give it a look-over to ensure it's a representation of what we want Herocraft to be (I won't say hardcore, but damn hard!).

Here's the changes that will be coming in once a dev picks it up ([USERGROUP=15][USERGROUP=15]@Coders[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP])
  • Once a bounty is placed, the bounty has 10 minutes to get on the move.
  • Once the 10 minutes are up, the player that has the bounty will be able to be attacked by anyone that accepts the bounty no matter of location (spawn / graveyards, pvp off etc)
  • Only players above X level in their primary (combat) class can have a bounty placed.
  • Auto-placed bounty after a user kills so many players within a given time period.
  • Possible restriction on how often a bounty can be placed on the same person.
So the changes will be
1) a working warm up timer to the bounty
2) attack-able anywhere by those who have the bounty accepted.
3) heroes checking (Soft depend) so that low-levels wont be griefed.
4) auto-placed bounties by server once a player kills 5-10 players within a set amount of time.

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Bounties have been the same for almost 3 years. I figured it was time to give it a look-over to ensure it's a representation of what we want Herocraft to be (I won't say hardcore, but damn hard!).

Here's the changes that will be coming in once a dev picks it up ([USERGROUP=15]@Coders[/USERGROUP])
  • Once a bounty is placed, the bounty has 10 minutes to get on the move.
  • Once the 10 minutes are up, the player that has the bounty will be able to be attacked by anyone that accepts the bounty no matter of location (spawn / graveyards, pvp off etc)
  • Only players above X level in their primary (combat) class can have a bounty placed.
So the changes will be
1) a working warm up timer to the bounty
2) attack-able anywhere by those who have the bounty accepted.
3) Heroes checking (Soft depend) so that low-levels wont be griefed.
I think this isn't a good idea, cuz people will get hella camped, sure you can run to pve? then 10 minutes later they find you.

People will endless bounty the same person.

Also if this idea does get put in their should be a cooldown on bountying a person.

trapzor

Iron
Cooldown on bountying one person is probably a good idea, and also people who accept a bounty should be instantly pvp-attackable by the bounty-head. That way the hunted can be proactive against potential attackers.

Xhazed

Portal
I would feel bad for people that will have bounotes all the time @xMJay that person is most likely some1 that has been adamforte. Or some guy that has j in his name

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's our job to implement this in a balanced way that cant be abused or fucked too hard.
We may need to make it so a user can only have one bounty every X hours or something - though that may require more storage.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
It's our job to implement this in a balanced way that cant be abused or fucked too hard.
We may need to make it so a user can only have one bounty every X hours or something - though that may require more storage.
I just feel this is going to be abused, i don't see a way it cant be abused.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
This could work IF there is a cool down timer. Also there should be a way for players who only play on North continent and are not part of any town or clan to avoid bounties. They are spending 100% of their time there for a reason and the HC community has never been above harassing players till they quit, even due to forum disagreements and the like. I dont think we can afford to lose any more players, especially to that type of behavior.

Avoir

Obsidian
Maybe have have like a 1-2 days CD so that It isn't spam-able on the same person.

trapzor

Iron
All I hear and see is naysaying.

I think it's an awesome change! I just wanted to give some input to make sure it works well. I forgot to add that overall it sounds amazing, and I do really like the added element of danger for PVE!

Xhazed

Portal
Imagine with the bounty system, YOU COULD ACTUALLY KILL PEOPLE INV PVP TOWNS omg i happy very happy, now i can take my roleplaying skills into their town halls gggggggggg

johnnjlee

TNT
I don't think bounties should allow pvp in pve areas as people may just place bounties, stalk the person for 10 minutes, then distroy the person for their things. Perhaps once their bounty gets over 1000 souls they could be attacked anywhere, just to keep people from hunting players in pve areas as people who are that rich usually don't hunt in pve areas for items. There should also be a rule that if you kill your target that you personally put a bounty on, then you do not get your souls back, just their head. Also, there should be some way for some one to pay off their bounty the bounty will be removed but the souls will be lost. This should keep people from abusing it.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I don't think bounties should allow pvp in pve areas as people may just place bounties, stalk the person for 10 minutes, then distroy the person for their things. Perhaps once their bounty gets over 1000 souls they could be attacked anywhere, just to keep people from hunting players in pve areas as people who are that rich usually don't hunt in pve areas for items. There should also be a rule that if you kill your target that you personally put a bounty on, then you do not get your souls back, just their head. Also, there should be some way for some one to pay off their bounty the bounty will be removed but the souls will be lost. This should keep people from abusing it.
Nope. Thats what the long CD is for. You can have a bounty placed for a while after one is removed.