• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bounties revamp.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Then what is keeping people from putting a 1S bounty on some one, stalking them for 10 min, then killing them?
So, there will be a cooldown timer for bounties and a minimum bounty. Bounties will be collectable anywhere on the map but cannot be claimed by the person who placed the bounty, or by friends/town mates of the bountee. Players will only be able to have a bounty placed on them once every 24hr I believe is what was settled on. This is a reasonable system within the theme of the server. If you want your items to be 100% secure place them in an lwc.

Edit: not sure what was agreed on for minimum bounty but I would say that the minimum should be at least 100s but probably 250s as a minimum would be better as to prevent trolling and abuse.

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
What if someone goes to the trade district to cash in a ton of souls but don't know they have a bounty on them? Seems a tad bit unfair.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
What if someone goes to the trade district to cash in a ton of souls but don't know they have a bounty on them? Seems a tad bit unfair.
Check first. However immunity at TD might be reasonable.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I still think that having a central bounty office where you have to go to place/accept a bounty would be cool.

A board with signs that say the player, price, cost to accept, and maybe a 1 line message. When you click an empty sign you can place a bounty, or when you click an already bountied sign you can accept or increase the amount.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
What about anyone who accepts the bounty is pvp-flagged? I see groups showing up to take a bounty, but the one with the bounty on their head will be solo vs whoever shows up (in pve/td). If anyone who accepts the bounty is flagged, town-mates could help defend vs bounty hunters.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I still think that having a central bounty office where you have to go to place/accept a bounty would be cool.

A board with signs that say the player, price, cost to accept, and maybe a 1 line message. When you click an empty sign you can place a bounty, or when you click an already bountied sign you can accept or increase the amount.
What about anyone who accepts the bounty is pvp-flagged? I see groups showing up to take a bounty, but the one with the bounty on their head will be solo vs whoever shows up (in pve/td). If anyone who accepts the bounty is flagged, town-mates could help defend vs bounty hunters.
Yes to both

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
I think this isn't a good idea, cuz people will get hella camped, sure you can run to pve? then 10 minutes later they find you.

People will endless bounty the same person.

Also if this idea does get put in their should be a cooldown on bountying a person.
I can't express how strongly I disagree with you @CoolBeans279 . THIS is what herocraft needs. We need to have something to do with a purpose. There needs to be consequences for killing everyone you see (Love the auto bounty idea). There needs to be consequences for being a hated person. Of course there will be a cooldown for amount of times you can be bountied so you aren't camped 24/7. Brilliant idea @Kainzo, props to you. KOS Should never have been a thing, ever. This is absolutely perfect. In addition, I think herocraft currently lacks fear. It is in a state of full on easy mode at the moment. THISS IDEA NEEDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED