• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bolt changes

A

alexhoff1

Bolt simply Isn't working for what I had believed it's purpose to be.
It's purpose, in my mind, is to deliver a high damage hit well channeling the casters power.

With that said, I think that a few changes should be made to the way it works.

Example A. The skill "Bolt" is about an 8 block range, in theory. In practice, bolt is less during lag and just general pvp fights, the range is reduced to 6 blocks unless you waste a root on the cast, even then the range is only about 7 blocks.
The problem with this is that is about melee range for anyone that uses melee combat, and with this it is also a silenceable or interuptable range. When bolt is interupted the caster is stuck with the global cooldown, though it is small it does affect combat, and leave the way open to a bashing on the caster.

Suggestion: My suggestion for this kind of a problem, is to increase bolt range by 2 blocks, as to buy the caster an extra moment or two to actually cast said skill, I mean really, what kind of lore makes a thunderbolt appear when you're in proximity to the bolt? You practically bolt yourself by what the screen looks like.

Example B. If a caster is in the middle of duel with a person, would they want the target to know what's being casted before it's about to go? No, not really.

Stupid example, but in most games you don't shout "I'm casting Bolt on you!", so I suggest that the new bolt would hide the starting cast rather than show it, but keep the interrupt message and the cast message.

Note- not asking for any damage increases and pvp wouldn't be changed all that much if either of these were implemented.

thanks for reading :p

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
If you're going to post on his suggestion give him some feedback rather than being an asshole.

Adding on, I think its good in its current state although I'm not a wizard so I cant see the lag/problems from a wizards point of view.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Example A: I am not too familiar with how wizards play but shouldn't one root and instantly follow it up with a bolt?

Example B: The message is a must. The message is the only way for a warrior or a rogue to know when to interrupt the skill.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
A: Root for Bolt Warmup, Bolt, SkillShotHere as I fall back down and stagger away from Bolt is how the hardest wizards I have faced do it. Either that or they use their IceBolt to play with me at that 8 block range vesus my 4 block kick, making me think I can reach them.

B: Nature may produce lightning instantly, but Wizards do not. Also, what Kwong said covered the practical objection very well.

Edit: Also, a general -1 for any alterations to Skills based on what Lag we have, we should NOT plan on having Lag and buff things that are affected by it accordingly, we should base PvP around the assumption that the server will function at a certain workable level, and that a reasonable computer can too.

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
Bolt simply Isn't working for what I had believed it's purpose to be.
It's purpose, in my mind, is to deliver a high damage hit well channeling the casters power.

With that said, I think that a few changes should be made to the way it works.

Example A. The skill "Bolt" is about an 8 block range, in theory. In practice, bolt is less during lag and just general pvp fights, the range is reduced to 6 blocks unless you waste a root on the cast, even then the range is only about 7 blocks.
The problem with this is that is about melee range for anyone that uses melee combat, and with this it is also a silenceable or interuptable range. When bolt is interupted the caster is stuck with the global cooldown, though it is small it does affect combat, and leave the way open to a bashing on the caster.

Suggestion: My suggestion for this kind of a problem, is to increase bolt range by 2 blocks, as to buy the caster an extra moment or two to actually cast said skill, I mean really, what kind of lore makes a thunderbolt appear when you're in proximity to the bolt? You practically bolt yourself by what the screen looks like.

Example B. If a caster is in the middle of duel with a person, would they want the target to know what's being casted before it's about to go? No, not really.

Stupid example, but in most games you don't shout "I'm casting Bolt on you!", so I suggest that the new bolt would hide the starting cast rather than show it, but keep the interrupt message and the cast message.

Note- not asking for any damage increases and pvp wouldn't be changed all that much if either of these were implemented.

thanks for reading :p
You never played wow? You see what your opponent casting on WoW but you cant see this on herocraft thats why chat says begins to cast bolt blablabla.Use cc to dont get interuppted by your foes :p

Example A: I am not too familiar with how wizards play but shouldn't one root and instantly follow it up with a bolt?

Example B: The message is a must. The message is the only way for a warrior or a rogue to know when to interrupt the skill.
you can not root then bolt because as soon as you bolt root goes away and they get away from your bolt rendering that useless.

A

alexhoff1

Then i'm kind of confused on the suggestion in general.

I'm suggesting more to lore, and to counter some of the lag issues (though that is not the primary reason) that wizard should have the skill bolt slightly buffed.

EDIT: You say you are confused, yet now that I try to clarify you disagree? Can I get a reason?