• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage seriously needs a buff...

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Meh, I've pretty much given up on the Bloodmage, every time it seems they're getting a bit of love, they lose one of the skills that they need most, not to mention their best skill (nerfed version of soulleech) is now shared, and for whatever reason they have even less hoe damage.

Like I've said before, as a Zeal test bloodmage, the class was iffy. The work that went into it to make it what it was during the Dragongarde test map was amazing, and although the firs few levels were a grind, the uniqueness of the class made it fun. Soulleech did too much damage, but that was the only issue with the class, and others who were playing other classes at the time agreed that aside from soulleech, the class was well balanced.

Now and for the last long while, the bloodmage is a weak hybrid healer-caster. It can't heal others or themselves well enough to be considered useful compared to it's brother classes. It can't do enough damage or drain to keep itself alive. As a bloodmage I can't kill a spider, let alone heal in combat.

Ohwell.

I think the wiki is wrong for some things such as hoe DPS. I'm a druid and my gold hoe only deals 3 damage per hit. Not sure if this is anything of importance, but it makes it more balanced considering its healing.

I agree though. Bloodmage just seems so useless compared to any other healer class at the moment. Cleric can give amazing buffs and pretty good heals to a group, druids have great heals, and disciples can take care of themselves well. To me, the point of being a bloodmage seems to be to waste your opponents time and slow them down for your allies to kill them.

Joka10

Soulsand
It seems like it could be a very cool class, really. Just the idea of a person who uses their own life energy to heal others while also taking the life energy of enemies... However it's really an awful class it seems. I mean, none of the classes are truly equally balanced... People complain that one is weak so it gets buffed a little too much, others complain that one is too powerful so it's nerfed a little extravagantly. Nothing's nearly as unbalanced as bloodmage, though. I think that the balance team should take a short break from modifying the classes that many people use and disagree on whether they're OP or not, and move on to fix this poor class... It is unused, basically just a fourth healer class to make all areas have an even number of specs, and not really serving a purpose beyond that. There is no one who would say that it is OP, and very few who wouldn't agree that it needs a buff. You look at DK or Dragoon and half the people say CHANGE IT and half say ITS FINE. With bloodmage though, the only argument is over how it should be buffed. Come on, balance team... You make a change on most classes and manage to anger half of the server, because no one agrees about nerf/buff/leave it. If you buff this class though, you'll get almost universal approval... There are some parts that coders need to change, but the balance team should be able to at least make this class worth playing. Why won't they? Only reason I can think of is that they really do only change their own classes... but that's been denied countless timed. Surely it can't be true... Well, the only way we'll know is if Bloodmage gets a buff soon...

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Now and for the last long while, the bloodmage is a weak hybrid healer-caster. It can't heal others or themselves well enough to be considered useful compared to it's brother classes. It can't do enough damage or drain to keep itself alive. As a bloodmage I can't kill a spider, let alone heal in combat.

Just going to put this out there: When I played bloodmage (this map), the only role of the class was as a durable decoy (ala paladin, but more appealing target due to less visual armour) and an anti-caster. I learned these two things when I was able to kite and survive some 4-6 people (don't remember how many precisely) while my allies picked them off, and when I did alot of 1v1 with wizards and casters (aswell as a dreadknight) making good use of silence and such. This is actually an interesting role for the class but it ultimately can't accomplish a lot and is in clear need of rebalance. The reason I bring this up is just so that people don't look at the class when rebalancing it only for it's healing abilities. If its heals were buffed up to the capabilities of the other healers then it might become overpowered, so care should be taken.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Just so people know bloodmage on zeal was the most op broken shit the server has ever seen. Sadly this map they are the most up broken shit the server has ever seen. I feel bad for the class lol. Needs more uniqueness in the form of new abilities rather than pure buffing imo.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
IMO they need to be completely redone.

They WERE completely redone at the start of Dragongarde to the point where they were actually almost perfect, and then they were nerfed, and it's now generally accepted that the Bloodmage is a broken class and that it's not worth fixing because nobody likes it anyway.

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
It has occurred to me that bloodmage is an unplayed, useless class. IMO, and probably the opinion of others too, it needs some major readjustments. I have discussed these ideas with _maxo/maxomillion547, a new member on the Balance Team, and he has agreed with me.

Bloodmage Skills
Lvl 1- Scan (Shows the hp/class of target)
Lvl 1- Antidote (Cures target of poison)
Lvl 1- Drainsoul (Deals 17 dmg and heals for 9)
Lvl 5- Transfusion (Sacrifice 10 hp for 10 mp)
Lvl 10- Despair (7 dmg and Blinds target)
Lvl 20- Soulbond (Take 50% of the damage for your target)
Lvl 30- Steal Essence (Steal up to 3 buffs from your target)
Lvl 40- Silence (Silences your target [15 block range])
Lvl 50- Risky Heal (Heal your target for 25 hp with a chance to do 20 dmg to yourself)
Lvl 55- Soul Leech (For 10 seconds, your target take 6 damage every 3 seconds and you gain 130% of the damage as health.
Lvl 60- Mortal Sacrifice (Sacrifice 100% of your hp to heal your target to full)

Bloodmage should have 117 hp at lvl 60.
Mana should be at 120
Armor should be full leather with Chainmail Pants (also full gold)

MajDeath

Portal
I must say that i like the ideas, mainly mortal sacrifice, I thought if it once like 2 months ago then cast it aside, glad someone thought of it but actualy decided to suggest it.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Change Mortal Sacrifice to 80-90% of hp and I'm for it.

Adding another way for bloodmages to die is a really wonderful way to make them better.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Only problem I see here is that a: you're taking away a unique property from Necromancers (despair) and b: they don't get a healing ability (save drainsoul, but you can't heal others with it) until level 50, basically making it more of a caster class instead of a healer class.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Give Bloodmage Syphon as a 1 second cooldown hp-hp quick transfer (Caster loses 5hp, target gains 5hp), and keep bandage, and I'm fairly happy with it. Only issue I have is that like Keache said, they do need a healing ability.

One idea is to add in a bloodcasting toggle which allows the Bloodmage to switch between spending hp per spell to increase efficiency/decrease mana use of a spell, or to keep their hp without bloodcasting toggled on. At the moment, all Bloodmage spells have bloodcasting as a permanent trigger and it cannot be disabled because they are a part of the skills. It is this that breaks drainsoul as a heal in many cases, as it takes hp to actually cast it in the first place.

I only wish classes could keep their unique properties, Keache. Bloodmage lost soulleech as its unique finish a long while ago, to Dreadknight. The Necromancer and the Bloodmage have always been very similar classes, but the Bloodmage needs a more healer-ey finish, while Necro stays a caster. Which is why Syphon and Bandage are required, as well as keeping Soulbond, in addition to the skills you've put down.

It's nice to see someone putting down ideas for a class that really needs help, though. Pat on the back to you, eagles.

Also, if anyone needs idea inspiration, here are the old ideas which were produced by myself and a few friends for Bloodmage a long while ago, although conditions have barely changed since that time.

Skills that need tweaking:

- Syphon: Bloodmages are a healer class. While syphon is very pretty, it just doesn't do enough at the moment, and it actually grants the caster slightly more health than it takes when used on self, which shouldn't be possible at all. It would be nice to see syphon become an ability that can only heal other users, as I believe it was first intended, and then to remove the cooldown entirely so bloodmages can transfer large amounts of hp from themselves to a party member with ease, making healing others much easier . Mana cost hanging around 10% and a total of 5hp transferred from the caster to the target is fine, so that Bloodmages can transfer a maximum of 50 before having to wait for the mana to regenerate. (Update to this: I just noticed that Bloodmages don't have Syphon right now. Bring it back.)

- Drainsoul: Bloodcasting hp loss makes drainsoul slightly pointless as far as draining that hp goes. As deadandown said, it's inferior to smite because of its lower range and higher CD when compared to smite. I supported smite's removal from the Bloodmage's arsenal, as having both was silly, but drainsoul does need to be able to qualify with smite offensively.

- Skills that need removal or a lot of changes:

- Bandage [Bloodmage version]: As mentioned with syphon, bloodmages are a HEALER class. At the moment, bandage has been nerfed to very long cooldown for the bloodmage to discourage bandaging in combat (According to Multi). While the idea of this is sensible enough, bloodmages do need to heal themselves away from combat, as well as healing other users a respectable amount. Waiting 16 seconds for bandage to be used is annoying, and if syphon were tweaked and another non-combat heal provided, bandage isn't really needed anymore for a healer class. After all, they forgot smite, so they could forget how to bandage too.

- Skills that make me want to hug you. Don't eat them.

- Transfuse. I love you, Multi.
- Soulleech. I love you, Kain. (Edit: Nerfed as of end of Dragongarde Testing because I used it in a very unfairly overpowered way while raiding the Tree Creepers and it was basically making me immortal ;P I think the new version is very slightly underpowered, but does need a slight buff to the HP regain for the caster. Apart from that, amazing skill, although I'm a little sad to see the Bloodmage's signature skills being given to the Dreadknight.)
- Stealessence. I believe this is actually a fairly useful skill and I do see people use buffs pretty commonly. Would be nice to see it being able to steal Invuln and Smoke (somehow).
- Chant. We needed a heal that was worth using. This is it.

- Skills ideas to improve that Bloodmage thing. Yay!

Skillname: Relief
Cooldown: 40 Seconds
Duration: 30 Seconds
Reagent: None
Rampup Time: Same as original Bandage
Mana Cost: 75%
Effect: Caster heals {amount} health points per second for 30 seconds, restoring most of the Bloodmage's health, but is rooted while healing. Breaks if user is damaged, but if this happens, the mana is still lost.
Notes: Root and break prevents use in combat unless you're a complete idiot. Effectively keeps you healed away from combat. Probably needs some tweaking to make it less godlike, but the concept is basically to be able to heal yourself easily away from combat without the use of bandage, which is supposedly removed.

Skillname: Love [I know, I'm corny]
Cooldown: Several long hours
Duration: 60 seconds
Reagent: Red Rose
Rampup Time: 10 seconds (Mostly to give you an opportunity to break the rampup if you accidentally used it)
Mana Cost: 100%
Effect: Caster loses 10 hp every second to give target (Party member) invulnerability. If caster is killed or the 60 seconds are up, target becomes vulnerable once more.
Notes: Caster isn't expected to survive the 60 seconds. This isn't something urgently needed, just a skill that would be unique and interesting and reflect the Bloodmage's nature in my eyes.

Skillname: Bloodcasting [PASSIVE]
Cooldown: Five Seconds per toggle
Duration: Passive
Reagent: None
Rampup Time: None
Mana Cost: Not applicable
Effect: Switches Bloodcasting on or off. While on (Which is the current Bloodmage default), mana costs of abilities are reduced, but they cost more hp than usual to be used. While off, mana costs are increased but hp will not be lost.
Notes: Bloodcasting can get VERY annoying. It'd be nice to be able to turn it off.

Skillname: Inflection
Cooldown: 60 Seconds
Duration: 15 seconds
Reagent: Flint
Rampup Time: None
Mana Cost: 50%
Effect: All physical hits made by caster within next 15 seconds will grant 5 hp to caster and nearby party members. However, caster is silenced during this time.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
These suggestions would be a major nerf to the current bloodmage class.

So you're saying that if I went BloodMage I should just kill myself in order to keep my teammates alive? That's not even a play style, that's just pure idiocy. You think that by making your "Valiant sacrifice" you're actually accomplishing anything? You can regenerate mana while in combat, NOT HEALTH. A Cleric can at least be used as cannon fodder when he's low on mana.

No matter how balanced you make the BloodMage, it's still not going to be used. Why? Because no one wants to die in this game, and the BloodMage practically walks into his own death. You even suggested an insta kill for an insta heal!! That's just horrible, it's not even worth it!! The Cleric is going to get an insta heal, FOR MANA.

The point I'm trying to get across here is that all of the other professions can do BloodMages job much better so it won't even be worth speccing to BloodMage. It's a joke spec, I honestly think they should just scrap it and make a new one, but that's just my opinion. Fact is, BloodMage isn't working and probably won't either. So why waste time on it?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So you're saying that if I went BloodMage I should just kill myself in order to keep my teammates alive? That's not even a play style, that's just pure idiocy. You think that by making your "Valiant sacrifice" you're actually accomplishing anything? You can regenerate mana while in combat, NOT HEALTH. A Cleric can at least be used as cannon fodder when he's low on mana.

No matter how balanced you make the BloodMage, it's still not going to be used. Why? Because no one wants to die in this game, and the BloodMage practically walks into his own death. You even suggested an insta kill for an insta heal!! That's just horrible, it's not even worth it!! The Cleric is going to insta heal, FOR MANA.

The point I'm trying to get across here is that all of the other professions can do BloodMages job much better so it won't even be worth speccing to BloodMage. It's a joke spec, I honestly think they should just scrap it and make a new one, but that's just my opinion. Fact is, BloodMage isn't working and probably won't either. So why waste time on it?
The purpose of blood mage is to drain life back, use your life as mana to heal others. also, WHO ARE YOU?

Glent

Glowing Redstone
These suggestions would be a major nerf to the current bloodmage class.

Let me point out why this is.

Bloodmage Skills
Lvl 1- Scan (Shows the hp/class of target)
Lvl 1- Antidote (Cures target of poison)
Lvl 1- Drainsoul (Deals 17 dmg and heals for 9)
Lvl 5- Transfusion (Sacrifice 10 hp for 10 mp) - Getting this 5 levels earlier is a very minor buff.
Lvl 10- Despair (7 dmg and Blinds target) - The only other skill that is a buff.
Lvl 20- Soulbond (Take 50% of the damage for your target)
Lvl 30- Steal Essence (Steal up to 3 buffs from your target)
Lvl 40- Silence (Silences your target [15 block range])
Lvl 50- Risky Heal (Heal your target for 25 hp with a chance to do 20 dmg to yourself) - Less healing than the chant it replaces with a chance to deal two Diamond Samurai worth of damage to you with armour penetration.
Lvl 55- Soul Leech (For 10 seconds, your target take 6 damage every 3 seconds and you gain 130% of the damage as health.
Lvl 60- Mortal Sacrifice (Sacrifice 100% of your hp to heal your target to full) - Paladin can do this... without killing themself. From level ten.

Bloodmage should have 117 hp at lvl 60. - Less health than currently at 55.
Mana should be at 120 - Less mana than currently at 55.
Armor should be full leather with Chainmail Pants (also full gold) - Very minor buff.

Bloodmages work well as a tanky anti-caster, but that's about it.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Bandage and chant; supposed to heal others with their own health. You got to be joking that they require such long warmups and cooldowns.

If those cooldowns/warmups have to be that substantial, their initial attack damage needs to be in par with this horribly slow healing mechanism.

EDIT: I thought I may add my own suggestion. Despite the fact I'm no Balance Team Member.

------------------------

Original Drainsoul | 12HP Damage | 6HP Health Regain | 5 Mana | 7 Seconds cooldown

Suggestion Drainsoul | 16HP Damage | 8HP Health Regain | 10 Mana | 5 Seconds Cooldown

------------------------

StealEssence should be able to steal ALL possible Buffs. Limited to only 3 buffs only.

------------------------

Transfuse should be able to use on other targets.

------------------------