• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage seriously needs a buff...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Bandage and chant; supposed to heal others with their own health. You got to be joking that they require such long warmups and cooldowns.

If those cooldowns/warmups have to be that substantial, their initial attack damage needs to be in par with this horribly slow healing mechanism.
Bandage is an out of combat heal - in fact. We're going to toggle it so it cant even be attempted to be used in combat and then lower its cd's time. It'll take me a bit :p

Aetosion

Obsidian
Well, yeah. I would assume it would operate on the same combat timer as a food heal. I mean, it's not like heals are used a whole lot in real world PVP, so I would assume Kainzo's referring to mob combat. That, and imagine (in real life) trying to bandage someone when they're in the middle of fighting off hordes of zombies. It makes no sense.

Well, yeah. I would assume it would operate on the same combat timer as a food heal. I mean, it's not like heals are used a whole lot in real world PVP, so I would assume Kainzo's referring to mob combat. That, and imagine (in real life) trying to bandage someone when they're in the middle of fighting off hordes of zombies. It makes no sense.

Three words.

Left 4 Dead

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Bandage is an out of combat heal - in fact. We're going to toggle it so it cant even be attempted to be used in combat and then lower its cd's time. It'll take me a bit :p

Maybe it would be optimally, but quite honestly, bandage in combat in Zeal made combat interesting, and the current heals continue to make combat interesting. Removing them from combat entirely makes sense, but I don't think it would benifit the game's PVP aspect and strategy, and would point it more towards just going into fights and spamming buttons rather than having to carefully spend mana. (In every class except the BM, of course, which is nerfed.)

Not to mention every other Healer class apart from the Bloodmage doesn't have a long cooldown. :)

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Is the Bloodmage drainsoul have it's own properties and not the same as the Necromancers Drainsoul? The Cooldown is 7s and the damage at Level 19 is 12hp. Is this intended, and if so, Why?

I am also adding a skill suggestion in :)

BludgeonedScythe

|Level 20 | Mana: 20 | Cooldown: 10 | Health Consumption: 5 | A targeted AoE which requires a target. Deals 7hp on the player and also does 7hp to entities in a 2 block radius. It also deals ticks 1hp per tick with a total of 3 ticks in 6 seconds.

Joka10

Soulsand
Bloodmage should have a skill called Equilibrium (maybe... this might already be the name of a skill) that took an average of all of the HP amounts of players in the party, and applied that average to everyone in the party. It would save people who were nearly dead, but harm those with full health. I don't know what CD/Mana use it would have, but it seems like a good bloodmage skill.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
More suggestions:

------------------------

Original Drainsoul | 12HP Damage | 6HP Health Regain | 5 Mana | 7 Seconds cooldown

Suggestion Drainsoul | 16HP Damage | 8HP Health Regain | 10 Mana | 5 Seconds Cooldown

------------------------

StealEssence should be able to steal ALL possible Buffs. Limited to only 3 buffs only.

------------------------

Transfuse should be able to use on other targets.

------------------------

:3

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
A League of Legends reference:
The caster unleashes a torrent of blood dealing 12 damage to nearby enemies.

Edit: Just an example or maybe an inspiration -.-

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Another suggestion:

In order to stop players to not use Bandage 'during combat', you could remove the cooldown of bandage down to a second but increasing the warmup to 6-8 seconds. In combat, no one wants to be slowed whilst casting a skill that is not worth the time.