• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bloodmage needs love

Blood mage ideas for abilities. Posted some of these ideas on another forum but id like them to get more notice.

I really feel like bloodmage could be an amazingly unique class however right now its potential is being squandered. There should be more abilities with the give and take of health from enemies to the bloodmage or others or bloodmage to party members. I love that Idea and here are some of the ideas I had for it.

1) If the Bloodmage gets the killing blow off of an enemy, an automatic and free group heal will set off around the bloodmage. It shouldn't be as powerful as the one is now. Im thinking somewhere in the 10-15 hp range. But the range on it would have to be a lot bigger, simply because if your fighting in a party against other people theres no way that you would get everyone. It would have a 20-30 second cool down and simply be a passive ability. My idea behind it is that it you kill the enemy and use there blood to heal allies.

2 the second ability is a damaging/healing ability. The Bloodmage would put *Soul Sucker* on the target, I think the range of smite would be to large but the same mechanics. It would leach health over time from the target either to the caster or targeted party member.
There would be another ability called like, blood mark that you would use to mark a party member for that dot/hot to come to them. So the bloodmark would last for 5 minutes or so, cost 10 mana. An enemy come and attacks your friend. You hit the en enemy with soul sucker and hes getting hurt by it while your bloodmark party member is being healed.

I think once the someone is in range of soul sucker and it is used, the range between that and the bloodmark or bloodmage shouldn't matter. It wont be doing a lot of dmg. I think an appropriate amount would be something like 15-20 hp gets transfered over 10 seconds or something like that.

Soul sucker would cost 10-15 hp (but then why use it to heal yourself if it would heal for how much it costs to use it. The hp could either be brought down and add some mana use to it, but it should be primarily used as a heal for others which is why it wouldn't be benefiting you other then hurting the enemy.)
It would be on a 1 minute cooldown.

Bloodmark would cost 10 mana and be on a 20 second cooldown.

I have absolutley no idea how to code so I'm not going to pretend like I know if this is complicated or not ( I sounds like it would)

Another Idea would Blood Well
You sacrifice 25-40% of your health to spawn a floating block that would heal people in your group for exactly how much rejuv would be, only u would be able to do it for anyone in the 5-10 block radius of the block.
Bloodwell-5 minute cooldown
heals 21 hp over 7 seconds
25%-40%(maybe50%) Health

I just think it sound awesome. It could be on a 5 minute cooldown.

Bumb

I think nobody comments on it because they don't really care to much about bloodmages which is sorta what this thread is trying to change! So anyone feel free to comment if you like any of the ideas or dislike them or anything like that!

Thank you for the comment :)! The problem with getting a class like bloodmage changed is that not many people really care. Its not a very popular class because its not very well off right now, and nobody really goes for it or trys to change it. I'm just really hoping that posts like these wont go unnoticed by the admins and coders who are responsible for creating and adding the new skills to the game. I feel like the more traffic and the more talked about a thread gets, the more likely it will be looked at by the right people and potentially introduced to the game. Like I posted some ideas for bloodmages (concerning the mana cost for syphon and smite ability) and after some discussion about it , the next patch/fix those two that i mention were changed which was fantastic. Sadly there is still more work to be done on bloodmages.

The comment regarding my language, if you mean cursing i apologize, if its wording or grammar and stuff like that i also apologize. When I have an idea in my head i struggle to put it into words that make sense to other people.

Bump. Last time I will do this and I apologize if this is irritating people but I dont think it will get noticed otherwise. Why should there be classes that have a lot of potential but that nobody wants to play because they haven't reached it yet. I really think bloodmage could be really awesome just so long as they get some new abilities and fix the ones they have.

I dont think people care to much about bloodmages is because they don't have the skills or the attention that a lot of the other classes and specs get.

TechNinja

Coal
No need to bump your own threads when its within 24 hours. Since you only have 15 views its probably best to have some patience.
Also, the language in which you express your ideas could be cleaned up a little bit.

I dont think the "Blood Mark" would be easy to code and the dynamics seem to be overly complicated.
I have myself, recommended more hp consuming abilities, like "Soul Sucker."

The Blood Mage skillset they have in place fulfills more of a healer, support roll, while yours is geared slightly more to the offensive. Though I agree, they could use a bit more "oomph" to be more sustainable, especially when soloing.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Though I agree, they could use a bit more "oomph" to be more sustainable, especially when soloing.

I also agree. The BMG should be the best healer class to solo with.

I don't like the idea of it having group effect spells.

It should heal very well, and selfishly. I'd like to see lots of highpowered self-heal spells.

I really think that the bloodmage and his play style should be a lot of give and take of his and other peoples health. I hope its not just going to be a bunch of abilities that use health and thats it. It should be abilities that yes use heal and health to damage and maybe mana to take health from others to give it to you.

My idea of it would be more along the lines of a soloing healer. Like monk having both offensive and healing abilities towards the melee side, a bloodmage should have offensive and healing abilities towards the caster side. But none of the caster abilities. I think fireball should go. When I said caster I didn't mean to use ANY of their abilities just simple that he wouldn't be doing much melee styled combat, (unless someone has any cool ideas).
This is how I would do bloodmage if I had any power at all.

Bloodmage

Level 1
Bandage(same as all the others) Still think they should still have the very basic heal of bandage that still uses mana (but maybe a tad more seeing as how there wouldn't be many other abilities actually using mana.
Consume-still would be nice to have-unless someone has an opposition?

Level 10
Syphon - Give 15(or 20) hp to another person. 5 second cooldown (personally i dont think it should have one, i like the idea of bloodmages being able to kill themselves trying to heal people)
I said 15 because 20 seems like a lot to just give up like that, and although an exact hp transfer would be a cool idea I think it would really suck in times of battle. But then you could pop a syphon on a friend real quick and run away as you heal yourself with bandage as opposed to healing your friend with bandage seeing as how it woud take longer.

Level 15
Harvest-Take 10 Hp from the target and take it for yourself. 30 second cooldown
Fairly simple and obvious. (no idea on range)

Level 20
Sacrifice-for most of your health you are able to resurrect someone. They Spawn with little health
Need a revive but the clerics revive would obviously still be much better

Level 30
Blood Donor- Heals target player for full for half of the bloodmages health. 3 minute cooldown
Like lay of hands for pallies but with health instead of mana.

Level 35- Passive -(Name) After killing mob or enemy a small hp gain for you and allies will come from the blood of the enemy. Heals 5-10 hp can't happen more then 1 time every 30 seconds. A small aoe around the bloodmage

Level 40
Purge- Cost 5-10 hp eliminate negative effects on party members, aoe (like the new chakra abilitie for monks but with no heal)

Level 50
Bloodwell- for 50% of your hp you create a bloodwell that gives health to party members for 21hp over 7 seconds.
3 minute cooldown (maybe lower cooldown but then adjust the cost of the spell lower and the healing from it lower)
I suggested it earlier still love the idea!

Keep in mind I am not a bloodmage atm and dont know the exact Max health (if possible it would be easier to somehow scale the health as you level).

OnixZ2

Stone
^That list is way better than your first. Definitely liking the ideas although maybe tweak it here and there. Would like to see it in game haha

TechNinja

Coal
lol gj on taking my constructive criticism well. Ideas much more clearly thought out, communicated and organized.

I also like this much better than the first set. If they make those skills I think this would be a valid setup for the class.

I also agree. The BMG should be the best healer class to solo with.

I don't like the idea of it having group effect spells.

It should heal very well, and selfishly. I'd like to see lots of highpowered self-heal spells.

I agree with this. Blood Mages are usually more selfish and focus on dealing consistent damage while draining allies/enemies to replenish their own health.

But its always good to be original. :3

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Threw up some of my own ideas for skills in the Skills! thread. I'll copy them here for sake of consolidation.

Vampiric Well - All enemies in the area lose 10 health. All party members in the area gain 10 health.
Well of Blood - Sacrifice 40 hp. All nearby allies gain 2 HP per second for 15 seconds.
BloodRage - Target takes .3 points of damage for every point of health you are missing, maximum at x. (Ex. you are at 30/60, you would do 9 damage)

Numbers are for example, can be tweaked. I feel Well of Blood is balanced against the 20 HP of GroupHeal because of a HoT effect and the large health sacrifice. Vampiric well is just fun, and Blood Rage gives a point of balancing your health.

The AoE effect names I'll admit were inspired by Guild Wars, but they work. I changed Well of Blood from yours a little to be a higher powered heal but at greater sacrifice, which can then be leveraged by Blood Rage.

I think Bloodmages should constantly be trying to balance health sacrifice with survivability, and more spells should work like Blood Rage. Simply saccing health to replace mana is pretty bland, there needs to be a point, such as other spells being more powerful as the caster is missing health.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
X Needs Love is catching on a little bitty bit, papabear. Hopefully this would be a good way to compartmentalize class-specific suggestions. Thanks for letting me steal your thunder, brah.