• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Blacksmith Repair Skill Suggestion

Not sure if this is something that's come up before, but I just started in the Blacksmith profession and wanted to repair items for my town. As a Dragoon, I'm unable to have a bow or other items that I want to Repair in my hotbar - it just throws it back in an inventory slot. I went on the wiki to try to see if there was another way to Repair other than holding the item, but there's not.

I feel like the limitation in what you can hold/repair makes it hard to be a functional Blacksmith for a town. If I'm just missing something here and there is a way to repair any item, even ones you can't hold, then feel free to kick this thread.

If not, could there possibly be a way to make it where Blacksmiths can hold an item simply to repair it, where it wouldn't be able to be used as an actual weapon (diamond axes, bows, etc)? Or maybe they could place it on an anvil to repair it but are unable to use it? I know that involves time and coding but I just think the profession could be much better utilized in a town if they have open access to repairing all tools and weapons, not just what their Class limits them to.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
I've always just held it, it shouldn't kick it out of your hand unless you scroll to it. Just place it into an empty hand slot and hit repair when you leave the inventory menu.

I've always just held it, it shouldn't kick it out of your hand unless you scroll to it. Just place it into an empty hand slot and hit repair when you leave the inventory menu.
Tried that, even have it on a hotkey and it just kicks it out of my hotbar and says i'm not holding a repairable tool. Maybe a glitch?

thewhizkids

Soulsand
Select an empty hotbar slot first. THEN from your inventory drag the item into that empty slot you have ALREADY selected. Then DO NOT change move anything around in your inventory. Just do the skill you want to use then. it works fine for me

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think the biggest part of why this isn't something that has been fixed since it's a very simple thing to add is that it would allow any class the ability to use a bow which on certain classes would be pretty powerful when you consider kiting classes having punch bows regardless of the damage they'd do with them.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I think the biggest part of why this isn't something that has been fixed since it's a very simple thing to add is that it would allow any class the ability to use a bow which on certain classes would be pretty powerful when you consider kiting classes having punch bows regardless of the damage they'd do with them.
Iirc this was the reason.