• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion bersker stam consumption seems a bit high

Terisye

TNT
I find myself a lot of the time being out of stamina seeing as their average ability consumes around 300 - 325 stamina and is really only useful while at low hp. Being at low HP is good and all but one mega bolt or ninja blitz with a backstab will kill you while low. I have been a berserker on a previous map and in pvp you find yourself only being able to use a couple abilities before you are out of stamina because if you use three than you lose the ability to sprint and chase targets (lunge is ok but it is no jump/blink/backflip for chasing people as a melee class). If I were to spec more into endurence than I will lack constitution and the HP to be able to take hits even though low hp means more damage.

I feel that by either lowering the stam cost and possibly the Cool down on lunge would help because it is necessary for closing the gap as melee but is the only skill which requires a target to be activated and also has the longest cool down while costing a lot of stam. For me lunge could use some work or keep it the way it is and give berserker more hp so they can chase and their passive does not jump from being useless in the beginning to being necessary in the end of a fight but never becoming useful due to the high burst of other classes and their ability to get away all the time with faster cool down escapes like blink/jump/backflip.

All and all, lower stam costs because they wear chain armor and should be less encumbered or higher hp would help the class a lot.

I know this class is not played a lot and that makes it hard to balance it out easier but some thoughts about berserker would be nice to hear seeing as no one plays it unless they want PVE.

Generally I spec str>con>end for my main three stats but I have also played a endurance build but found myself bursted down before my passive ever comes into play.

TonGenocide

Glowing Redstone
Yeah, I agree. Ravager needs some work :\ it was sad to see on the last patch there was no tweaks to the skills. It obviously means somthing when all you hear about Ravager/Berzerker is that they are a bad class... Makes me sad T.T cause in most cases this is the class I rush for in an rpg. Ill just max it and come back to it once it gets alittle work...if it does.

TonGenocide

Glowing Redstone
Some feedback from the dev team would be great. Maybe on what they think about the class...I would also really like the slow taken away from the whirlwind ability, It is REALLY easy to escape. I feel like your movement speed should increase while its active instead of slowing you. It would be WAY more viable. It would be a better gap closer than Lunge since you wouldn't need a target. Or possibly have an ability were you deal more dmg when the targets health is low. IDK there is a lot you could do with them....They are severely underplayed due to the fact there are WAY better classes.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
What skills are you using in your rotation?

Terisye

TNT
Auto attacks mainly but berserkers only have 4 offensive skills (non T2) but I will generaly use bash and rupture but if they start to run away I will use main and than headbutt. I only use lunge if I am trying to secure a kill or need to land a headbutt or rupture. I try to use lunge as little as possible because of its large stam cost and long CD. I only use provoke if I know I can get some hits off and they will not be able to hit me back like if I use blade grasp against a melee target.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Auto attacks mainly but berserkers only have 4 offensive skills (non T2) but I will generaly use bash and rupture but if they start to run away I will use main and than headbutt. I only use lunge if I am trying to secure a kill or need to land a headbutt or rupture. I try to use lunge as little as possible because of its large stam cost and long CD. I only use provoke if I know I can get some hits off and they will not be able to hit me back like if I use blade grasp against a melee target.
Bash only when you need to interrupt, don't use it for damage. Only rupture of you expect them to run away or it's a kiting class. Save provoke for right before you stun someone, as you will do a ton more damage. Stun should be used when you get semi low, so you can get the most damage possible off. You will get most of your damage off through auto attacks, so make sure you're hitting them as much as possible.

Terisye

TNT
That is pretty much how I do it Irish I guess I kinda worded that funky. I am kinda relying on taking a little damage in the begining but not so much that I can be nuked down instantly. But for the most party I end up bashing early because a lot of the time I have to interrupt a mega bolt or channeling effect early on in a fight because they want to get it off CD as fast as possible. I still find myself falling short with stamina or the ability to chase other classes who have shorter CD escapes because auto attack is berserkers primary damage.

I do appreciate the feedback from you because you have PvP'd on this server for a lot of map wipes.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Yes, DO NOT BASH at all costs unless you need to interrupt something like Bolt/ArcaneBlast/Aimed Shot, it is a huge waste of stamina. Us Samurai's/Honorblades lose a lot of stamina like you berserkers, so you'll need a bit of self-discipline in choosing the right skills to use. Berserkers are unique that they are the only warrior (besides Dreadknight) that doesn't have Strike as a skill (which would otherwise make you dish out some good damage)

Also, get that Whirlwind on, it actually deals decent damage (saying this after fighting Zerkers). And again, you would have to be low on HP to deal nuclear damage (which is what UndyingWill is for, if you royally screw up) ;)

When you master Ravager, get ready to enjoy ThrowAxe.

Terisye

TNT
After further PvP I am agreeing with Xmjay... this class needs to be reworked because it just can not keep up with any class that has a escape or jaunt. Other classes that do lots of damage can do lots of damage no matter if they are at low hp or not unlike berserker. The only time this class is good is when no one targets you because auto swing is your most reliable damage because you have to save your headbutt and maim if they decide to do anything. please give berserker more hp so they can auto swing longer and their passive comes into effect. There are only three berserkers on the server and I have a feeling it is because they are just not viable for anything.

Some of these suggestions might seem impractical but they are suggestions... maybe even take some skills out and add new ones if needed

Fixes that could happen:

1 More hp seeing as I am a melee class and a ranger can wear almost the same armor as me and has more hp than me
2 Less stam costs on some abilities
3 Shorter CD's on some abilities
4 Increase base weapon damage slightly
5 work lunge to either not needing a target or it does damage when you lunge to player or a shorter Cooldown
6 rupture buff slightly
7 fix frenzy so you do not get nauseated so badly at the end.
8 Blood drinker should be like 30% because you never get to recover all 200 anyways
9 Throw axe do less dmg but slow target similar to maim
10 Whirlwind should do double the damage and half the duration because using this in pvp means you are a sitting duck and it also lags people
11 headbutt should take like 40-50 hp not 60
12 berserker rage passive should kick in sooner and plateau at 10% health instead of 1% hp so make is .5% instead of .3%

Terisye

TNT
Yes, DO NOT BASH at all costs unless you need to interrupt something like Bolt/ArcaneBlast/Aimed Shot, it is a huge waste of stamina. Us Samurai's/Honorblades lose a lot of stamina like you berserkers, so you'll need a bit of self-discipline in choosing the right skills to use. Berserkers are unique that they are the only warrior (besides Dreadknight) that doesn't have Strike as a skill (which would otherwise make you dish out some good damage)

Also, get that Whirlwind on, it actually deals decent damage (saying this after fighting Zerkers). And again, you would have to be low on HP to deal nuclear damage (which is what UndyingWill is for, if you royally screw up) ;)

When you master Ravager, get ready to enjoy ThrowAxe.

Whirlwind is kinda a death sentence and only good at low hp because of how slow it makes you and how long it takes. I have had people just run away during this and I never get the chance to catch them or they just shoot from long range because you are a sitting duck. For the most part Zerker can auto swing and save his maim and headbutt and lunge if they try and get away so that leaves you with throw axe and rupture. All other abilities are situational as well like toss and provoke while blade grasped or undying willed. This class pretty much auto swings.

I really want to like this class but I feel it falls just short of other classes. Some HP and some small tweaks would help.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Whirlwind is kinda a death sentence and only good at low hp because of how slow it makes you and how long it takes. I have had people just run away during this and I never get the chance to catch them or they just shoot from long range because you are a sitting duck. For the most part Zerker can auto swing and save his maim and headbutt and lunge if they try and get away so that leaves you with throw axe and rupture. All other abilities are situational as well like toss and provoke while blade grasped or undying willed. This class pretty much auto swings.

I really want to like this class but I feel it falls just short of other classes. Some HP and some small tweaks would help.
Okay kenster is right nvr use bash, maim already interrupts and slows. Start of the fight only use maim or lunge and rupture if they kite, one third hp if you can whirlwind blooddrinker if they will be in ur face otherwise just keeping maiming, around 2 hearts provoke then headbutt and left click, you will do so much that you will win maj of 1v1s. If somehow they survive undying will and if you can another bloodrinker. Throughout the fight if you are fighting a left click class use bladegrasp everytime its off cd. If you are fighting a healer start the fight with headbutt since by the time you are low, or should be low you should have it up. idk much about throwaxe I assume its decent for chasing and wizard who can entangle u. Also speaking of which depending on the class you are fighting use frenzy, frenzy is one of the best skills in the game, it removes entangles, it removes fire, it is the only skill that can remove stuns. If you can predict a good frenzy you can avoid a divinestun.
Berserker is one of the best 1v1 classes, horrible in group fights, thats just how it is. It would either need a rework or just a good whirlwind speed buff and being able to bind toss to names to make it adequate for team fights.