• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Berseker's damage

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
Am I the only one Who thinks that the fact that Berseker's have the lowest amount of damage with their weapon abnormal? ( In warrior classes ) I know Berseker's have some passive and some actives the boost damage but still, isn't the Berseker the guy who just jumps in and attacks everyone while dealing a bunch of damage? Even the Paladin does more damage and isn't the paladin supposed to be a tank that can take a considerable amount of damage while still surviving with it's heals and armor? I personnaly think that Berseker should at least do more damage than Paladin. Keep in mind that this is from seeing thecnumbers not actual gameplay experience, since I'm going spec into Berseker my opinion may change but for now, I'm just throwing it out there. When I become berseker I'll test the skills out in actual pvp to get a better opinion.

EDIT: Sorry if this is just one huge paragraph, right now I'm on my ipod and writing properly organized stuff on an ipod isn't fun at all.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Berserker damage increases when his health drops, this is done on purpose I think.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Berserker damage increases when his health drops, this is done on purpose I think.
Yes, but even with the 40% increase your damage doesn't outweigh the fact that you have 20% of your health left. You need to be missing 80% of your total health just to be able to dish out 15-20 more damage. The base damage is fine if it's low but the risk and reward for the passive isn't even really worth it. The threshold should be raised from 40%.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I had the same problem on test. Berserker's passive has been constant fluctuation from OP to UP. IMO they should have a higher threshold or the percentage damage gain per percentage health lost should be upped a bit.

Side note- Why is dragoon's base damage a whole 14 points higher than all of the other warriors?

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm saying this without having seen the Dragoon's skills but maybe Dragoon gets more damage because he doesn't have many skill that do damage? Or maybe they just don't do much?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm saying this without having seen the Dragoon's skills but maybe Dragoon gets more damage because he doesn't have many skill that do damage? Or maybe they just don't do much?
For example:
Berserker's Maim-
8 Cooldown
275 Stamina
(35 + 1.25 per strength) Damage
Slows for 1.5 seconds

Dragoon's Impale-
9 range
10 Cooldown
300 Stamina
(50 + 1.625 per strength) Damage
Knock up
Slow for 3 seconds

Berserker's Whirlwind-
18 Cooldown
Slow II to yourself
375 Stamina
Duration 5 seconds
(10 + 0.2 per strength) every 0.5 seconds/ (100 + 2 per strength)

Dragoon's Tremor-
9 Cooldown
400 Stamina
(100 + 0.375 per strength) damage
Large knock back to all targets.

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
What? Dragoon skills do even more damage?! Still, I'll have to actually experience it before saying if it's ok or not.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
For example:
Berserker's Maim-
8 Cooldown
275 Stamina
(35 + 1.25 per strength) Damage
Slows for 1.5 seconds

Dragoon's Impale-
9 range
10 Cooldown
300 Stamina
(50 + 1.625 per strength) Damage
Knock up
Slow for 3 seconds

Berserker's Whirlwind-
18 Cooldown
Slow II to yourself
375 Stamina
Duration 5 seconds
(10 + 0.2 per strength) every 0.5 seconds/ (100 + 2 per strength)

Dragoon's Tremor-
9 Cooldown
400 Stamina
(100 + 0.375 per strength) damage
Large knock back to all targets.

Dragoons have only spear strike and tremor for abilities that actually do damage and we really can't even scale them that well because we need a lot of agility for tremor spear jump and superjump to work well.
I don't think any dragoon could beat a berserker 1v1 if both were very skilled

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Dragoons have only spear strike and tremor for abilities that actually do damage and we really can't even scale them that well because we need a lot of agility for tremor spear jump and superjump to work well.
I don't think any dragoon could beat a berserker 1v1 if both were very skilled
I would also like to add to everyone here. If you haven't noticed berserker is more of a tanky support class. They have a 1.5 second stun, a lunge and other mobility skills. Oh a 4 second invuln that removes debuffs and don't forget about the slow. With all of these tools I think it was intended to be a better class for group fights.

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
Oh a 4 second invuln that removes debuffs and don't forget about the slow. With all of these tools I think it was intended to be a better class for group fights.

The invuln only makes you unable to die for 4 seconds, you still take damage though, your hp just doesn't go lower than 1

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
The invuln only makes you unable to die for 4 seconds, you still take damage though, your hp just doesn't go lower than 1
And your saying that your suppose to use it before u get low health? 4 seconds is enough time to either get away from a class with your toss or kill the person and there is a slow disabling mechanic on the ability

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The only thing I find weird is that Berserker, Paladin, and Dreadknight all have the same base melee damage.

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
The only thing I find weird is that Berserker, Paladin, and Dreadknight all have the same base melee damage.
Yea, I mean paladin has good heals, can shield and reflect damage and still has good melee damage. IMO it should have less.

Ayohae

TNT
I think this is more of a case of the other classes having too much damage, rather than berserkers having too little.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

Dude here is tip for berserker max strength completely use your undying ability at 100 health and then there you go your doing 100+ per hit with the 40% damage increase because of undying

Ayohae

TNT
Maxing any one stat is stupid, and I would naturally use Undying Will at such a low health anyway.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
My b it's 90 damage
Firsly, I know how to play Berserker. I've been using it on the Test server for months! I never said that Berserker's dmg is bad, I only stated that I find it weird that 3 classes have the same base dmg. Lastly, as said above, spending all points into one stats is stupid.

Note: Your math is still wrong. Strength gives like 0.3 dmg per point. You can get about 45 strength as a Berserker. With a base of 46 and 45 strength you will be doing (46 + (45 x 0.30) / (46 + 13.5) = 59.5. With your passive you would do 59.5 x 1.4 = 83.16

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Firsly, I know how to play Berserker. I've been using it on the Test server for months! I never said that Berserker's dmg is bad, I only stated that I find it weird that 3 classes have the same base dmg. Lastly, as said above, spending all points into one stats is stupid.

Note: Your math is still wrong. Strength gives like 0.3 dmg per point. You can get about 45 strength as a Berserker. With a base of 46 and 45 strength you will be doing (46 + (45 x 0.30) / (46 + 13.5) = 59.5. With your passive you would do 59.5 x 1.4 = 83.16
You have a damage ability at around 55 that gives u 15% more damage when activated and I'm not saying its a smart idea it's just a class that is really either support tank or complete damage is what I think but maybe it isn't

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
You have a damage ability at around 55 that gives u 15% more damage when activated and I'm not saying its a smart idea it's just a class that is really either support tank or complete damage is what I think but maybe it isn't
You never said you where taking Frenzy into the calculations. Anyway, the real combo is: Provoke, Frenzy, and Undyingwill.