• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Berseker's damage

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Say what you want it's not getting changed because if you change the base the scaling would make no sense or the higher levels would be increased in damage which are already high
Well, Berserker's melee dmg goes from 22-46. That's 0.375 dmg per lvl. If they reduce it say 0.325 per lvl and make it's base dmg to 25.2. I just find it funny that lost soul has a higher base dmg :p

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
@Templar_James - Yes; we have skills that up our damage; however until we get to the main skill that helps us; I.E. LEVEL 60.

Frenzy - 60 - You enter a crazed state of frenzy for 10 seconds, during which time you deal 15% more damage, but you also take 25% more damage from all sources and suffer severe nausea!

We hit like a wet noodle it feels like until we get low on HP. I know thats how the class is meant to be played; and i know the class is in a good state, but my main concern is...

WHY DOES LOST SOUL HIT HARDER? I'm expecting to be wielding a 2handed AXE not a flimsy thing a Dreadknight/Ranger wields.

also why is my main BASE damage only 4 damage higher between a diamond axe and a iron axe? It feels useless to spend the diamonds at that point to use them :/

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
@Templar_James -

WHY DOES LOST SOUL HIT HARDER? I'm expecting to be wielding a 2handed AXE not a flimsy thing a Dreadknight/Ranger wields.

also why is my main BASE damage only 4 damage higher between a diamond axe and a iron axe? It feels useless to spend the diamonds at that point to use them :/
I agree with the fact that using 3 diamonds to make an axe for a Berseker is 3 wasted diamonds, since like you said, an iron axe and a diamond one are only 4 damage apart. Since iron is more common than diamond it's just better to make a bunch of iron axes than a diamond one.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The reason Berserker skills and weapon do so low damage is due to their large amount of percentage based increases.

Between Provoke, BerserkerRage, and Frenzy, you can easily exceed more than double damage for everything.
BerserkerRage can reach 40%, Frenzy gives you 15%, and Provoke gives you 20%. This means that with everything active, it's possible for every melee swing and all damaging abilities to deal 85% more damage at a single instance. Obviously this won't happen all the time, but it is still something to consider.

Am I saying Berserker is perfect? Oh hell no. However, it seems to be in a good place, so I'm not interested in changing too much right now. It's possible I can set BerserkerRage to cap out around 30%, or perhaps increase to 50%, but I'm not sure if it's necessary right now, I'd like to wait until we see more masters fighting before I make that call.

However,
Actually, off all Dragoon's Skills scale better than Berserker's. For Example-

Dragon's bash gets 0.875 damage per point of strength.
Berserker's bash gets 0.25 damage per point of strength.
That isn't supposed to be the case. Changing it to be the same across all warriors.

----

As far as the topic of left click damage is concerned, it is a given that all classes will start a bit weaker than a level 1 compared to a lvl 30 lost soul. This was the case in Bastion as well. By the time you hit lvl 10-15, you will notice things pick up considerably.

Last edited:

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Looks like I am correct yet again and no offensive but lower levels from 1-25 literally show nothing if the class is bad or not what people/coders focus on is how it plays if your fighting 1 on 1 and both classes are maxed. They can't fix every low level problem

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Looks like I am correct yet again and no offensive but lower levels from 1-25 literally show nothing if the class is bad or not what people/coders focus on is how it plays if your fighting 1 on 1 and both classes are maxed. They can't fix every low level problem

You ego is getting the better of you Templar; it looks ugly.

The reason Berserker skills and weapon do so low damage is due to their large amount of percentage based increases.

Between Provoke, BerserkerRage, and Frenzy, you can easily exceed more than double damage for everything.
BerserkerRage can reach 40%, Frenzy gives you 15%, and Provoke gives you 20%. This means that with everything active, it's possible for every melee swing and all damaging abilities to deal 85% more damage at a single instance. Obviously this won't happen all the time, but it is still something to consider.

Am I saying Berserker is perfect? Oh hell no. However, it seems to be in a good place, so I'm not interested in changing too much right now. It's possible I can set BerserkerRage to cap out around 30%, or perhaps increase to 50%, but I'm not sure if it's necessary right now, I'd like to wait until we see more masters fighting before I make that call.

However,

That isn't supposed to be the case. Changing it to be the same across all warriors.

----

As far as the topic of left click damage is concerned, it is a given that all classes will start a bit weaker than a level 1 compared to a lvl 30 lost soul. This was the case in Bastion as well. By the time you hit lvl 10-15, you will notice things pick up considerably.

Thanks for a response Delf; very much appreciated.