• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguilers Need More Loving.

teddytazer

Soulsand
So a beguiler Piggify's me today. and he barely gets off 1 fireballs before im back on my feet ready to fight again. Can we get it buffed or something just a little. for such a great skill i'd like to see it get some more attention.

Demonxman

Obsidian
or maybe the cooldown on fireball is enough for the beguiler to miss after trying to fireball a little faster than he should have.

OR maybe the pig took a fireball aimed at the target and the damage was nulled?

OORR maybe the pig was moving at supersonic speeds and ran much faster than the beguiler?

OOORRR maybe the target that was piggified was able to control the pig?

don't even think for a second that someone just sucks at aiming when the beguilers only real attack skill has been nerfed quite badly and the other skills that the beguiler has are all pbaoe type skills that needs the beguiler to be within range of an attacker (THE WORST POSSIBLE PLACE FOR ANY CASTER)

mk, thanks :)

(btw, piggify says it's 6 secs but it seems like less and the cd on fireball is something like 2 seconds?)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I agree, piggify seemed more useful before, but the short timer and the glitches with fireball kind of make it iffy if it's actually worthwhile. Well placed fireballs make it worthwhile, if you fuck up, by no action of your enemy, then it sucks.

I'd almost rather have the pig sit completely still, if it's possible to root the pig. Plus, I could drown retarded dk's after dispelling their undeath. Muahahaha.

Aetosion

Obsidian
It's also used as a Void beast, consuming its riders in walls!

Piggify is more like a better version of SkillConfuse than it is synonymous to SkillRoot or SkillDeepfreeze.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
If you make piggify buffed so it last longer I'm afraid It can be extremely op if the beguiler is in a group.
When you are piggify'ed you can barely not harm the enemy cause you have no control over your movements.
If the beguiler then piggify you and the beguiler have a friend the beguiler and his friend can do as much damage as they are able too for a pretty long time.

I would rather have buffed their fireball, make the cd shorter or something.
Cause atm piggify is my greatest fear when I PVP, and it has not yet been buffed :confused:

Just my thoughts....

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I agree with this, I wish only that beguilers had slightly higher damage (so when I get might it rounds up to a nice whole number'd amount).

I also want more CC options, having only one real CC skill and a high cost aoe silence that makes it nearly unusable unless in LARGE situations, where even then it might not matter. For example, I feel as if Necro's have more utility, and wizards have more utility and damage.

My original idea was "SafeFall" be targetable on myself, for my own purposes, and Group Teleport be taken away from wizards, and applied to the beguiler path, so that wizards can't blink and teleport an entire party.

I think if wizards or dragoons get into a town, that's fine, but it should take a very specific class, like the CC captain to teleport to that person, then use group teleport to move a party in.

In other words; teamplay. And a small damage buff to beguiler's melee, and maybe 10 more mana and HP at 55, would be insanely useful.

I also wouldn't mind having sonicboom actually be on a 2 minute cooldown, take 100 mana, and deal like 35 damage aoe. Effectively, a super pulse, but having a 5 or 10 second silence (1 to 2 'rounds' in the DND system, since mana regens per 5 seconds). This would make using 90% of our total mana, a LOT more useful in group situations where your party members wouldn't take damage.

That is a route of balancing us in pvp, damage wise, but I fear it could be a little op in pve with large groups.

I also believe that there's another way of using it, such that it is a massive aoe dispel, anyone that takes 1 damage from it loses all their buffs, type of thing. So it does like 8 damage AOE, 10 range, 10 second silence, and dispel's everyone in the area, not in your party.

that'd be really nifty in large groups that have a bard or someone else buffing them to be op.

It'd be nicer if dispel worked against speed pot users as well.

I also noticed physical spells like mortalwound and whatnot are not dispellable, is there a list of dispellable and not dispellable spells we can have put up somewhere?

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Well, you can balance beguilers to have alright damage

alright maneuvering, so we can out maneuver and piggify others,

or just decent damage/maneuvering (IE: rounding up our melee, adding a little hp/mana, and giving us safefall and group teleport) and then that way we'd be more focused on teamplay, and dispelling/purging, fireballing and our melee would just be secondary sources of damage, with no real primary source.

I'd love to be able to wear some chainmail but I don't see kainzo adding that in, even if we are a melee-like caster.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Beguilers have always been group (and anti-group) geared players. Just as valuable as a Bard in Party based PVP. They're also skilled at Crowd Control. They're the shadowy figures running around the battle sticking laxatives in the Commander's food. Why would Mr/Ms. Sneakypants Caster want to charge into a battle, slashing people with his or her hoe?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I had to put this here:
Group Mirror- For the next 30 seconds, all negative effects (with certain exceptions, perhaps) inflicted on the user's party are also dealt back to the enemy who inflicted them. 2 minute cooldown, Book is consumed.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Beguiler isnt a melee caster - not sure where you ever got that idea from.
I don't know about xexo, but having Beguilers deal 5 damage from a diamond hoe as opposed to 3 like the other Caster specs sort of led me that way.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Misconfig? I'm checking the files now.

Was a config issue, its been fixed.

I have a question, then. Are Rogues dealing 7 damage for a Iron Sword intentional? (over the 5 damage Warriors get). I would think Warriors hit harder than rogues for a sword, so I am just a little curious.

Edit: Sorry for the off topic post.