• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguiler Suggestion

Do you think this should be added?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Could use some work (post in comments)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Lujiu

TNT
For the time that I have been on the server I have mained Beguiler / illusionist for the majority of the time. It is my personal favorite class and I am quite infamous for it. I think beguiler is a decent class as it is now but with a small bit of coding and a replaced ability It could be perfect for its role.

My suggestion is to replace an ability (I would recommend fireball or mass piggify) (or add a new ability) with an ability like this:

Name; (Decoy, Mirage, ect)

Description:
-You fire a snowball in the direction you are pointing where it lands will spawn a idle figure of yourself that agros nearby mobs towards it
After 5 seconds (+0.25 per charisma point) the decoy de-spawns

Cool-Down: 40 Seconds

Mana-Cost: 100

You might ask yourself "Why does beguiler need this itz fineeee", but the class may be fine as it is but its not what its potential could be. This ability to fulfill the beguiler name / role with its trickery and fun abilities.

Tell me what you think about my suggestion in the comments!

Last edited:

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
For the time that I have been on the server I have mained Beguiler / illusionist for the majority of the time. It is my personal favorite class and I am quite infamous for it. I think beguiler is a decent class as it is now but with a small bit of coding and a replaced ability It could be perfect for its role.

My suggestion is to replace an ability (I would recommend fireball or mass piggify) (or add a new ability) with an ability like this:

Description:
-You fire a snowball in the direction you are pointing where it lands will spawn a idle figure of yourself that agros nearby mobs towards it and deal a 90 aoe damage (aoe range is 4 blocks radius, similar to a broken enderpearl)

You might ask yourself "Why does beguiler need this itz fineeee", but the class may be fine as it is but its not what its potential could be. This ability to fulfill the beguiler name / role with its trickery and fun abilities.

I don't think beguiler needs this, and many people will most likely agree. It has so much burst damage at this moment, that the class is fine. If you think beguiler needs more firepower, then just don't play it. Also, people have wanted this added for ever. If they haven't added it before they certainly will not now. Also it has beguile and piggify and such. Between piggy and all the damage moves, this class has enough combos to make it a perfect class. While some more moves would be great, this one is not needed.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter

Description:
-You fire a snowball in the direction you are pointing where it lands will spawn a idle figure of yourself that agros nearby mobs towards it and deal a 90 aoe damage (aoe range is 4 blocks radius, similar to a broken enderpearl)

Yes it would be good for mobs, but you got to think of the pvp effect too, why would anyone walk into it knowing what it does, it might trick a few people at the start but everyone will know what it does afterward, I like the idea tho and keep coming up with more good ones and maybe you should apply for balance to learn more.

Lujiu

TNT
I don't think beguiler needs this, and many people will most likely agree. It has so much burst damage at this moment, that the class is fine. If you think beguiler needs more firepower, then just don't play it. Also, people have wanted this added for ever. If they haven't added it before they certainly will not now. Also it has beguile and piggify and such. Between piggy and all the damage moves, this class has enough combos to make it a perfect class. While some more moves would be great, this one is not needed.
When did I say that beguiler needs more firepower. Im saying that it should have this ability to further excemplifiy beguiler's trickery.

Last edited:

Lujiu

TNT
Yes it would be good for mobs, but you got to think of the pvp effect too, why would anyone walk into it knowing what it does, it might trick a few people at the start but everyone will know what it does afterward, I like the idea tho and keep coming up with more good ones and maybe you should apply for balance to learn more.
Thank you for appreciating the idea, but the pvp effect is still very much alive. This decoy will open many possibilities on what can be done with it.

I can see where the ability would die out in pvp so what if
-Upon the area the snowball lands it blinds enemies within a 15 block radius for 3 seconds. As-well as having the decoy move around in derpy directions (like jumps spins walks 2 blocks jumps, and things of the sort)

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Thank you for appreciating the idea, but the pvp effect is still very much alive. This decoy will open many possibilities on what can be done with it.

-Upon the area the snowball lands it blinds enemies within a 15 block radius for 3 seconds. As-well as having the decoy move around in derpy directions (like jumps spins walks 2 blocks jumps, and things of the sort)
That is a really, REALLY strong blind.
Minecraft isn't as flexable as you think, you can't make it do that.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3

Beguiler already has a few very effective spells for trickery, such as Piggify (which is quote frankly, extremely powerful on its own), Beguile, Quantum Leap, Mass Piggify. Beguiler doesn't need another AoE explosive that could boost their damage. I could imagine this same skill paired with Piggify, such as plaguebomb. It would be, problematic.

Lujiu

TNT
That is a really, REALLY strong blind.
Minecraft isn't as flexable as you think, you can't make it do that.
Minecraft is one of the MOST flexible games ever created. Yes you can, I have done it before xD

Then remove the blind.

They could also make it possible to beguile your clone.

Lujiu

TNT
Beguiler already has a few very effective spells for trickery, such as Piggify (which is quote frankly, extremely powerful on its own), Beguile, Quantum Leap, Mass Piggify. Beguiler doesn't need another AoE explosive that could boost their damage. I could imagine this same skill paired with Piggify, such as plaguebomb. It would be, problematic.
Where did you read that this was an aoe explosive? quote me please.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3

Description:

Right, in this passage, highlighted as green.

This, is an AoE attack, that deals even more through armor damage. Granted 4 block radius is limiting, the skill Piggify, and mass Piggify, along with Beguile could make this skill useful for escapes, and dealing even more damage. This could be placed right in front of an opponent, as another offensive skill

Not only that, but about your previous post

That's just broken. Like, really broken. We're talking about a sort of AoE blind on a class with an intense burst damage, and the blind lasts 3 seconds! Most blinds don't last that long, especially for an AoE.

Beguiler doesn't need any changes, it's strong where it is, and any attempts to change it are just gonna either throw it out or well above the meta.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6

Description:

If anything, the class probably needs a nerf. Maxed T2 is so strong atm.

Lujiu

TNT
Right, in this passage, highlighted as green.

This, is an AoE attack, that deals even more through armor damage. Granted 4 block radius is limiting, the skill Piggify, and mass Piggify, along with Beguile could make this skill useful for escapes, and dealing even more damage. This could be placed right in front of an opponent, as another offensive skill

Not only that, but about your previous post

That's just broken. Like, really broken. We're talking about a sort of AoE blind on a class with an intense burst damage, and the blind lasts 3 seconds! Most blinds don't last that long, especially for an AoE.

Beguiler doesn't need any changes, it's strong where it is, and any attempts to change it are just gonna either throw it out or well above the meta.
Removed AoE, I didnt even mean to have that in there, opps.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Then couldn't it be nerfed by replacing one of the stronger abilities with something like this?
It could. It could be a great fit for the new adventure map coming up. I mean it's all up to Kainzo, and the coders if they can do it. The only spell I could see taken out for this is Chaotic Visions. But I still see no need for it.

Lujiu

TNT
It could. It could be a great fit for the new adventure map coming up. I mean it's all up to Kainzo, and the coders if they can do it. The only spell I could see taken out for this is Chaotic Visions. But I still see no need for it.
Thank you for the support!

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I can see it being using really well for quantum leaping your own clone, I think that would be really cool until people start abusing it

Lujiu

TNT
I can see it being using really well for quantum leaping your own clone, I think that would be really cool until people start abusing it
Being able to quantumleap your clone would be cool! I dont see how players would be able to abuse this thou

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Being able to quantumleap your clone would be cool! I dont see how players would be able to abuse this thou
It would be the same as blink.

Beguiler should not have blink.

You could place a clone on a wall, the leap with it

Lujiu

TNT
It would be the same as blink.

Beguiler should not have blink.

You could place a clone on a wall, the leap with it
QuantumLeap for the adventure map is going to turn COMPLETLY (almost) pointless becuase it doesnt work on mobs.

This would be a fix and a use for the ability.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
QuantumLeap for the adventure map is going to turn COMPLETLY (almost) pointless becuase it doesnt work on mobs.

This would be a fix and a use for the ability.

We arn't 100% sure how the adventure map is going to be like yet, so I think it's too early to start suggesting ideas to balance classes/skills around it.

Example, do we know if there will be herogates on this adventure map? Mark and recall? How easy/difficult will it be to travel around? Beguiler could end up being the class with the greatest global presence, being able to join people for a dungeon half a map away. How will the economy look if there is one? They could potentially be the best delivery men.

What if there are secret areas that can only be accessed via blink/high jump/grappling hook/etc, if a beguiler parties up with one of those classes they could gain access too without requiring a group teleport. The skill could still be used to say get the party tank in and out of the middle of a fight, along with other party members. I'm not saying that beguiler won't need a change but.... It's too early to say either way, IMO until we know something is broken there is no need to fix it.