• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Beefing up bolt

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
So I just got to level fifty wizard and I was super happy. Like all wizards I was exited to bolt everything that I saw for a couple of hours, but was disappointed to find out that is doesn't do much damage at all, does not set mobs or people on fire despite fire spawning under them, and it misses almost every time even on zombies because the bolt only does damage to one block. I suggest that it has a small area of effect so when it misses it still does a bit of damage, and that because it is so hard to hit something and the mana cost is so high I think that the direct hit damage should be increased as well. Also, is it possible to make it so that you can shoot lightning bolt whenever like fireball without having to aim at a proper target? The range should also be increased, because mages are supposed to be in the back and support the melee classes but because of the short six block range you need to be directly in the battle.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree. I am not a wizard, and do not plan on becoming one, but Sheddi tested bolt on me. It did not do much damage at all, no AOE damage, no fire damage despite standing in the flames, is impossible to hit someone with unless they are AFK making it completely useless and pointless in actual combat, even with mobs, and takes too much mana to be this weak.

A

alexhoff1

agreed coming from a wizard thats been using bolt for a long time.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree completely with this, as you cant be an effective support class when to help you need to be in the heat of battle.

JZillifro

Soulsand
I actually more thought of wizard as a " I'll blast your brains out before you get to me" class, but even if so this post makes an equally strong if not stronger point, bolt needs a good buff. I once asked twidger why the hell it costs 3x as much as fireball and does the same damage, and I've also heard it usually doesn't work.

Jzillifro - Level 11 Wizard :3

When I was a wizard I never had a problem with bolt hitting its target. Wizards as it is already do 55 or so damage in a root with bolt/fireball. While bolt doesn't seem worth its mana cost it is essentially a free 30 damage. I personally don't think bolt needs a buff or else wizards will be way over the top. As it is mana isn't an issue with replenish and consume, and fireballs are hitting as hard as or harder than a ranger shot. The only problem I see is that it isn't hitting for you though I've never had that problem personally.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I would like to point out that all damaging skills are currently broken. All damage based spells including the AOE ones have a high chance of doing no damage.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
heres an idea.
take away all your precious spells.. and give you sticks with glitter.. you can go beat mobs/players with it and say pew pew.

whiners...

i would LOVE to see a post saying omg this is great dont change it...... and i demand my stick....lol

GraRona

Portal
heres an idea.
take away all your precious spells.. and give you sticks with glitter.. you can go beat mobs/players with it and say pew pew.

whiners...

i would LOVE to see a post saying omg this is great dont change it...... and i demand my stick....lol

wtf....?

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
Plasma said:
heres an idea.

whiners...

i would LOVE to see a post saying omg this is great dont change it...... and i demand my stick....lol​
wtf....?
agreed

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
go look at forums.. not one post is oh yeah this works great..

its omg this need beefed up , or omg this is overpowered.

time to hand out glitter sticks as your weapon, and be the ONLY class you can pick.

cant you be happy with what you GOT?

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
yeah, hence

Aherm............

heres an idea.

whiners...

its in bold... case your youngins cant see the screen

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
i wasint saying to make it overpowerd just a little more it feels like its lacking imo

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
well i look at it this way.. you can have bolt. or not have it.. other server dont have it. you have it on Heroes

like it?

SAY THANK YOU CHILDRENZ!

tell kain and aph how much you liek them keeping the server up, and updating the plugin.

tell the staff how much you like how they keep heros running, and mostly cheat/glitcher free.

they work hard so when you come home from school or classes you can relax and have fun in Minecraft.

ok done ranting and got tad off base there.

Bolt should eat up every bit of mana you have and manaburn you for 15 secs.

or if used, cant use other spells for 15 secs.

if your gunna increase damage have to counter it.