• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion BeastMaster

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
Bring Back the Beastmaster Class, to tame all types of animals and (maybe even temp. take over social-pets for a small area away). I've found an old post written by Alator, about this very class.
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/beastmaster.6287/
I completely agree with all his suggestions to make the class, a sole role in Pvp Combat.

Yes, I know Rangers have the ability to tame and use Wolves, but honestly I've never seen one single Ranger use one for Pvp! 1) Because wolves seemed to evade you only when you go looking for one.
2) When you aren't looking for one, you find them, but alas you have no bones.

With a skill like /skill SummonWolf , you could potentially get a pack to a nice large size. The old limit I believe was something around 30 wolves a max. I feel like this should stand as is, or raise just a tad to like 35 or 40. (Since the Beastmaster's only real weapon is his/her WOLVES.)

I also have thought of a use of a skill similar to track. /skill Track playername but at the expense of 1 dog, runs off in the direction of the player you followed. So theoriticly you could follow the dog to the exact location of the player.

Please add any contructive Coments or Critizism.

~Canada_Blue

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
With a skill like /skill SummonWolf , you could potentially get a pack to a nice large size. The old limit I believe was something around 30 wolves a max. I feel like this should stand as is, or raise just a tad to like 35 or 40. (Since the Beastmaster's only real weapon is his/her WOLVES.)

The limit was, if I recall correctly, supposed to be three wolves, however as I wrote in my post the counter would often reset and allow you to summon more wolves.

As much as I absolutely adore this class and would love to see it return, unless the /skill wolf can be fixed so it a.) doesn't allow the player to summon infinite wolves randomly and b.) doesn't forget how many wolves you have summoned, there is no way to bring this class back. Also, the laggier the server, the less effective the wolves are. And the Lickwounds bug gave wolves more health than players.

:(

wolves.jpg

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
The reason Rangers rarely use wolves in battle is that they are not a real combat skill of ours, it is just a level 5 skill, they die in one hit, and our own arrows can kill them. Until wolves behave better, basing a combat spec off of them will be hard to balance.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Would love to see this class return. I do believe there was a limit of three wolves though